main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

So NV I can't afford to drop a ton of dough on a trooper suit or Jedi costume.............................

Discussion in 'SouthWest Region Discussion' started by Bleyd, Sep 20, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bleyd

Bleyd Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 30, 2002
    but I'd still like to hang out with the Neon City Garrison or the newly revived Rebel Legion's Coruscant Base.

You don't have to. Some of the costumes don't cost as much and you CAN make a decent costume on a beer budget. It can be done. You don't like wearing a costume you say? That's cool too.

You can also wear the ever so popular "fan-boy" costume and fit in too. This usually consists of jeans, tennis shoes, and a Star Wars shirt of your choice.

Being in armor most of us can't bend so it's always nice to have a friend there to help out. Either by picking up after us when we lose a piece of armor (that happens often) or making sure we don't fall off a flight of stairs or run into the little old lady we can't see.

We always need photographers and what my wife calls a pack mule. We've gotten pretty good about not needing a wrangler that often as quite a few of our members are seasoned vets and can usually fend for ourselves. Usually the first time you hang out with us you feel a little odd but that overwhelming sensation of knowing there is someone out there JUST like you takes over and you feel at home. I don't know how many times I've met someone for the first time and not too much later it feels like we've known each other for years.

I try to post when we do stuff so as to include as many folks as possible. Sometimes it's VERY vague and usually for security reasons for whoever we may be meeting at the time.

Check out the Rebel Legion for those interested in being a Jedi or Rebel scum or dare to take a trip to the dark side and visit the 501st. We've both created local message boards so as to not take over this area out of respect for those running things here and to keep things a little more focused towards the costuming and prop building part of this hobby.

The more you hang out with us the stronger the urge you'll get to wanting a set of trooper armor or X-wing pilot suit. Doing a set of armor isn't as difficult or as expensive as one may think and it IS a sort of initiation to put your own helmet together. We do armor parties fairly often so if you're interested check our boards for when we do. Usually it becomes less of an armor party and more of a LOOK AT WHAT I MADE OR PICKED UP LATELY than anything. I've gone to 6 and so far have only really worked on the suit once while out. It's really an excuse to get us together and we've been meaning to get together more often than what we do.

Just a bit of rambling from an old trooper. Now where did I put that plastic polish?

TK-002......................signing out....................kershhhhhhhhhhhhhhht!
    ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.