DFW, TX i cant believe my elvish ears.....

Discussion in 'MidSouth Regional Discussion' started by RayParkFan, Jan 4, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kiki-Gonn Chosen One

star 6
    "GL saved us in the end"
    Damn straight Amidala.
    Tell me it wouldn't have hurt SW's credibility just a bit.
    It would have been like Donny and Marie being in a scene from the OT.
  2. stone Jedi Knight

star 2
    what credibility?

jar-jar, ewoks, midichlorians, burp and fart jokes, and crappy titles are what star wars has become.
  3. Old-Jedi Jedi Master

star 2
    By Golly Stone's right, it's a lost cause. We've wasted all these years, for what? Idiotic plot turns, plot holes big enough to drive a Mack truck through, bad acting, and bad titles. I say enough.

Now hear this, now hear this, abandon ship!

See you all at the Trekweb Forums

Abandon all hope ye who enter here or somesuch.

Beam me up
  4. Nabooty_Call Former RSA / Obi-Wan Impersonator

star 5
    stone, in addition (and this is by no means exhaustive, btw), there's:

• whiney farmboys

• princesses running around bra-less
    • walking carpets

• flying hunks-of-junk

• prissy protocol droids

• stereotypical black-clothed villains

• battle scenes lifted directly from Kurosawa, WWII movies, Ben Hur, etc.

• the whole "space opera" Flash Gordon/Buck Rogers homage

• etc., etc.

Sheesh, even the Smurfs had more credibility ;)

Hmmm, guess the whole adds up to far more than the sum of its (sometimes laughable) parts...

5. Kurgan1 Jedi Knight

star 3
    Don't forget the biggest part of what Star Wars has become--whiny fanboys that don't like anything anymore, yet they still keep pumping money into the franchise...odd, don't you think?
  6. Mithrandir Jedi Knight

star 1
    What's so bad about princesses running around bra-less? ;)
  7. Nabooty_Call Former RSA / Obi-Wan Impersonator

star 5
    Well, I look at it this way: just like in a relationship, if things are *really that horrible* and you're still hanging around, you're a fool.

You're also foolish if things really *aren't* all that bad, and you're constantly harping on minor foibles. In both cases, you're missing out on the greater enjoyment that could be had by changing your focus...

So, these types of whinging, princess-and-the-pea-type criticisms really don't matter a whit to me, nor should they bug you.

After all,"Who's the more foolish, the fool or the fool who follows it?"

;)

Edit: Sorry, Mithrandir, it's just my understanding that running around bra-less undermines the credibility of princesses in the stodgy social circles of royalty :D

But maybe that's where the royal "we" came from ;)

8. super_hyper_melanie Jedi Knight

star 1
    i remember hearing something about than nsync thing a while back....*shudders* *shudders* *and shudders some more*...please dont' tell me they're trying this to attract a bunch of those annoying shrilly screaming teeny boppers to star wars....sure i used to be a teeny bopper myself, but that was nearly 6 years ago and i was 12....my gosh, i just realized something...i'm gonna be 18 a week or so before aotc comes out....hmmmm...still don't know if that's a good thing or a bad thing.
  9. m0rpheus Jedi Knight

star 2
    Well....NSYNC is TALKING again. Apparently they're still in and they even confirm that it was George's daughter's idea:

"We were up there editing our concert movie ('Pop Odyssey Live'), and they were doing some reshoots," Kirkpatrick recalls. "And literally, just a few of us were there. I guess George's daughter is a big fan and she had mentioned it during the re-shoot. And so we got to sneak in a few scenes, but we're not even sure if they're going to make the film. We don't even know what it's going to turn out to be, because we shot just a bunch of different stuff."

More...
  10. Kurgan1 Jedi Knight

star 3
    *sigh* Dammit, George....
  11. Nabooty_Call Former RSA / Obi-Wan Impersonator

star 5
    Just as long as they don't get to use any of the footage in one of their videos, etc. Any footage of them in SW gear should be left in or out of the film, and go no further.

Nothing cheapens SW, imo, quite like cameos in trendy musicians' productions (Donny & Marie Star Wars episode, anyone :( )

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.