main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

V.C, CA I changed my icon.

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by marmakecam, Oct 6, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. marmakecam

marmakecam Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 7, 2002
    I don't know why I feel the need to post this but I do. Until I get around to reading the Legacy of the Force books I'm no longer using the Jacen icon. I know he goes to the dark side but I don't know anything more than that (don't tell me) so I'll reserve judgement of my favorite EU character until I read those books. Until then I'll use this spiffy Quin and Kahleen icon.

2. YoungJedi11

YoungJedi11 Jedi Knight star 5

May 20, 2002
    ¬_¬ gg spoilers.

3. marmakecam

Nov 7, 2002
    I guess it's a spoiler if you somehow missed the big "Name a Sith" contest on the official site (and reposted on just about every Star Wars new site).

4. YoungJedi11

May 20, 2002
    Well, I did.

5. GentleBant

GentleBant Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 21, 1999
    OK, I just read that. I have to admit that I am *very* skeptical about making that work in a way that I think isn't annoying or ridiculous...

6. marmakecam

Nov 7, 2002
    Yeah, I'm worried. I really hope they don't make Jacen lame. And I really hope they don't give him some stupid name.

7. GentleBant

Sep 21, 1999
    I mean, it was a little corny, but OK for Anakin Solo to be troubled by his grandfather's legacy, etc...but after having both Jacen and Jaina take a turn going darkside in the NJO stuff, and now to have Jacen...well, it just seems contrived. Here's to hoping it's pulled off better than I'm imagining!

8. marmakecam

Nov 7, 2002
    Well, the way the NJO left off and the way Dark Nest went I think Jacen was sort of at the point where he didn't believe there was a dark or light, that the force was all one thing, so I guess that way of thinking could lead him into going dark... but becoming a Sith? That's a little sketchy. Like I said though, I'm reserving judgement until I read them.

9. Nassik

Nassik Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 1, 2006
    After what Jacen did to Ta A' Chume in the Dark Nest trilogy I could easily see the direction in which he was heading. I think that Jacen over-exposed himself to various perspectives of the Force because of his varied training and exposure to various Force disciplines. It was all so very much that I think it numbed Jacen to the distinctions within the Force and that it has led him to view the Force as a single entity possessing neither dark or light sides. With that perspective Jacen is free to use the Force in whatever manner he sees fit and I no longer think that he cares whether he is considered Jedi or Sith. Vergere and the Vong from the NJO series definitely added a darker dimension to Jacen Solo and so that contributed to Jacen's evolution.

10. YoungJedi11

May 20, 2002
    I need to re-read Dark Nest and then start on all the new books I've missed. I have a lot of catching up to do, I feel lame that I've gotten this far behind.

11. marmakecam

Nov 7, 2002
    Yeah I agree, I could defintely see him going dark it just seems weird that he would become a Sith. Becoming a Sith seems like more of a conscious decision rather than just gradually slipping to the dark side and I just can't see him making that choice. He doesn't seem like the type of person who would crave power the way a Sith does (didn't he spend a period of time refusing to use the force?). Still though, if the circumstances are right I guess anything can happen.

For some reason I never really put much thought into what he did to Ta A' Chume. I guess I just excused him for it since people will do anything to defend their children.

12. Nassik

Nassik Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 1, 2006
    I don't think that Jacen becoming a Sith is for the sake of power at all. For him it is a matter of balance. I'll say no more on that for the sake of those that have not yet read the books.
    Not all Sith were actively evil, though. Darth Vectivus seeems like a quiet Sith Lord of sorts and so the notion isn't implausable.

13. marmakecam

Nov 7, 2002
    I don't really know much about Darth Vectivus since I haven't read betrayal but there's a good chance that his character is how he is simply to prove the point that Sith don't have to be outright evil. Since he was created specifically for the Legacy of the Force series there's a good chance he was put in simply as a precursor to Jacen becoming a Sith. Aside from Vectivus though, I don?t think there?s ever really been a Sith who isn?t evil in written Star Wars lore. I could be wrong though.

I?m really excited to read those books now. The only reason I?m holding off is because I want to read them all in a row, I don?t have to have breaks in between. So I?m waiting until a couple more come out to start. Hopefully that way I won?t catch up to them.

14. YoungJedi11

May 20, 2002
    You guys are the biggest spoiler people ever. :(

15. GentleBant

Sep 21, 1999
    Poor YJ! :~)

The whole thing with Jacen choosing to go darkside would be what would bother me. From the whole Vegere experience, I could see him questioning "sides" of the Force, but to willingly decide to embrace the dark side enough to become a Sith, well, that's a bit of a stretch for me.

16. marmakecam

Nov 7, 2002
    My feelings exactly!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.