main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Pittsburgh, PA I Con 2010

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by greencat336, Oct 4, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. greencat336

greencat336 Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 27, 2001
    We've gone to I-Con in Long Island a couple of times. Its a very fun con and does lots of fantastic panels. Its been moved to March, instead of April, which is excellent news for us, since that means its now a month before Pittsburgh comicon.

I'm not sure if folks will want to go to I-Con this year if the rumors turn out to be true and Celebration V happens in May. Might be a bit much, expense-wise, to do ICON in March, Pgh Comicon in April, then CV in May. Guess we'll have to wait and see on this one.

This is from the email that was sent to me:
    It is my pleasure to announce that I-CON is returning home to Stony Brook University for I-CON 29, March 26-28, 2010.

As you may notice, in order to move back, we've had to make one very significant change: our dates are now March 26-28, NOT the originally announced April dates. If you have already made hotel arrangements, please contact I-CON's official travel agent, Lin-Mar Travel at marsha@travelwithlin-mar.com, who can assist you with altering your plans.

Which brings us to another change: the official convention hotel for 2010 will be the Holiday Inn Ronkonkoma. You can reserve your room now, just call them at 631-585-9500, and don't forget to ask for the I-Con rate of $99/night!

In celebration of I-Con's return to Stony Brook University, we are running a special on-line membership drive for the next 10 Days - $45 for an adult 3-Day, and $35 for a student 3-Day. Sign-up today to take advantage of this tremendous offer!

The change of venue will mean that almost all programming will be on-campus at Stony Brook University, with a few special events at the Holiday Inn Ronkonkoma. As always, we will have a bus from the Holiday Inn Ronkonkoma to the Stony Brook University Campus.

We hope that everyone can join us in our return home, and we look forward to seeing everyone there!

John Hudson
    Event Chair, I-CON 28-29

2. Fluke_Groundrunner

Fluke_Groundrunner Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 1, 2001
    Let's hope that CV is nearby. [face_praying]

3. greencat336

greencat336 Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 27, 2001
    I've got my fingers crossed for Chicago.

4. Fluke_Groundrunner

Fluke_Groundrunner Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 1, 2001
    I'm hoping for even closer. I want to be able to ride the PAT bus there!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.