I-CON 24 - 4/8/05 - 4/10/05

Discussion in 'Long Island, NY' started by StarFromIHJ, Jan 14, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth_Nevoc Jedi Master

star 1
    i posted on the MEPA boards not knowing about the thread over here....but yeah, as i stated there, SilverJedi331 and I will be there. Can't wait to get home for the weekend for 3 days of non-stop nerdyness. So many great events, cant decide on what to do...
  2. CieSharp Jedi Master

star 4
    Thanks for posting the schedule :) When would Peter and Orli be signing autographs?
  3. cyranodb Force Ghost

star 4
    That's a good question. Peter's on the schedule but I can't find Orli's name on it. I can just assume she'll be signing with peter.....must get autograph
  4. ThePariah Jedi Master

star 4
    Well, change of plans...when I was pointed out that aside from getting a badge at the door for $45, I'd have round-trip train fare and cost of something to eat...which would bring my total close to $100. Ergh. [face_worried] This cost kinda gets not worth it when I realize I won't be doing anything during the con besides hanging out with you guys. I wish there was another way to be at the Masquerade without needing a badge...but alas.

So I guess I'll see you guys at C3. Good luck with your performance, and sorry. :(
  5. ark3 Jedi Knight

star 2
    Orli Shoshan is signing, of course. She's in the celebrity area of the dealer's arena much of the day. They both probably have those special track-area signing times as well. Unfortunately, the I-CON website seems to be unhappy at this very moment, and I left my official con schedule booklet in the car, so I can't tell you when exactly...

Moriah and anyone else who wants to hang out with us (free, since we're in the registration area) and go to just the masquerade, please call me (or send me a PM if you don't have my cell phone number).

I-Con has been a blast so far. :)
  6. CieSharp Jedi Master

star 4
    Ack, I can't make it to ICON today, have to go tommorow. :( Hope everyone has fun! Thanks for posting all the info here!
  7. Laxrob Jedi Padawan

Wow, ICON was pretty good. I got to meet Orli Shoshan. She's a fox and her accent is awesome. Got myself a snapshot with her and then she autographed a photo for me :)
  8. Jedi_Samantha Jedi Master

star 4
    Sorry i didnt make it guys.. My cat went into labor at 10:21 this morning....

which ate up my whole day.
  9. cyranodb Force Ghost

star 4
    Orli is totally Babe-alicious. Sorry I didn't see AeroSith at the party. Some con food was having a nasty boomerang effect so I just went back to my room and crashed for the night. Then I just came home this morning. Hope everyone had a rockin' good time.

10. ThePariah Jedi Master

star 4
    I hope somebody recorded this performance, cause I wanted to hear the new songs! :_|
  11. CieSharp Jedi Master

star 4
    I enjoyed ICON immensely this year. It was great meeting two Star Wars actors, and the fans of 516. Thanks!
  12. SilverJedi331 Jedi Master

star 2
    It was good to see a few familiar faces there. I had a great time. The masquerade was so fun!

AeroSith,
    you guys are awesome!! that was one of best things ive seen in a while :D
  13. MasterSifo-Dyas Jedi Master

star 4
    ICON was a big success for DB516! Our best Con yet.
    It was great to meet so many of you from these boards and people that we only get to see once a year at ICON.

At the DB516 table we had a Shoot Jar Jar contest which was a big hit with everybody. Our table always had visitors. You were allowed to participate in the contest once every half hour. We had some people who just couldnt get enough.
    We gave away a package of Star Wars toys each day. It couldnt have been more perfect. The Saturday and Sunday winners were kids who beat out many adults to be the day high scorer. They were thrilled to win the prizes.
    Everybody in DB516 did a great job with the table, a true collaborative club effort. Rob P. stepped up with a lot of extra effort that was unexpected - and he bailed us out when our suction cup guns were stopped by security. He supplied us with sticky darts which worked even better.

We had a new member introductory meeting in which a bunch of people turned out.

Aerosith performed the new "Revenge of the Sith" medley to a jam packed standing crowd at Saturday night's Masquerade.
    Spat was the MC and captivated the crowd as only he can. He gave us a great intro too.
    The lighting and smoke effects looked great. We won't soon forget getting ready to take the stage while the crowd chanted "AeroSith, Aerosith, AeroSith." Thanks to everybody who came to see us. And congrats to the band members for a flawless performance (whadda ya know - Those rehearsals worked). Our crew and camera persons did a helluva job in setting up and working the set in such a crowded space filled with people.
    Wow! We cant wait til next year. --Billy
  14. RnRJedi007 Force Ghost

star 3
    I had a blast Friday & Saturday. I wish I could
    have stayed for the whole weekend, but had to
    work. Glad to here Aerosith was hit. Thank you
    for the kind words Billy. I was just happy to
    help out the team. I sure I gave everone a sugar
    rush from the cookies & Munckins. I have to agree
    with Billy shoot Jar Jar was a hit. People wanted
    to burn him so badly. That's what they told me
    Sat. @ 9A.M.(LOL! Inside Joke. Right Ark) I'll
    never forget ICON24 cuz TKAOS was born. =0) Plus having Peter sign my 1979 Star Wars -The Woookie
    Book Storybook. My Parents aren't happy about it.
    Cuz I ripped apart there basement find it. LOL! I
    got an earfull about it Sunday. I also found in basement SW-The Mystery Of The Rebellious Robot
    & The Maverkick Moon.LOL!! Also both are from '79.
    I guess that dates how old I am. LOL!! BTW, ICON25
    will be March 24,25 & 26 2006. It was listed in
    the inside cover of the ICON 24 Pocket Schedule.
    I know Billy was wondering what the dates gonna
    be. Billy E mail me where to pick up my stuff(lamp& tubs). This message will self-destruct in 10 seconds.
    10,9,8,7,6,5,4,3,2,1, (Boom) LOL!
  15. MasterSifo-Dyas Jedi Master

star 4
    Yes TKAOS. I forgot about that. Can't wait for another B.C.G. Trooper to lead us. --Billy
  16. TheBothanJedi Jedi Master

star 2
    Yes Icon was a huge Success. AeroSith and Masqerade were beyond unbelievable!

There was also a decent turn out for our introduction/meet-and-greet meeting on Sunday, and I am hoping to hear from the possible new mebers or maybe even see some of them again.
  17. Luvthahbmas Jedi Padawan

18. ark3 Jedi Knight

star 2
  19. TheBothanJedi Jedi Master

star 2
    As soon as I upload my pics to my computer, I'll send them to you to add to that website.
  20. RnRJedi007 Force Ghost

star 3
    Hey everyone, I found more off those
    Sticky Tip Darts that we used for Jar
    Jar game. So I bought them for next
    time we do the game. BTW, T-KAOS is
    now in Town.
  21. MasterSifo-Dyas Jedi Master

star 4
    Welcome Stormtrooper T-KAOS. Are you officially in the B.C.G yet? Has TK-Wha?? set a date for your initiation? --Billy
  22. Trooper-C Force Ghost

star 1
    First there will be an inspection,then decide if any "special modifications" need to be made.Once said modifications are completed enough for trooping,T-KAOS will be born into the B.C.G. in a grand initiation ceremony(well,maybe not that grand.probably just me saying "you're in").When that comes to pass,our troop count will have doubled!Official title to be determined.
  23. GotMauled Jedi Knight

star 1
    Wow 100% growth in member ship over last years numbers.

Most Impresive.
  24. MasterSifo-Dyas Jedi Master

star 4
    You must let us know when this special event happens. We'll have to all be there to celebrate. Maybe T-KAOS can be initiated on opening day. --Billy
  25. Moorglade Jedi Knight

star 2
    About the I-Con photos - can you send them to me also, so I can put them on the DB516 site?
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.