main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lg.Is, NY I-CON 25: March 24-26, 2006

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by Moorglade, Mar 9, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ThePariah

ThePariah Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 24, 2003
    I'll start uploading AeroSith photos tomorrow (forgot to bring the camera to work today).

I had a blast too. :D I'm a prude, but I had plenty of fun watching everyone else get their groove on at the Masquerade. :p Sorry for being a grump at the bar, but I don't have the stamina for hanging out till 5am unless it's summer and I've reversed my body clock. 8-} I-) ZOMG, AEROSITH RUL3ZZZ!!!!!11!!1onetyonetyoneone!1 [face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh] And the Jar Jar game was a total hit.

I am so dead right now, though, it's not even funny. I couldn't even get up early enough to go to work on time today...amen for flexible hours. [face_tired]

But cheers to another I-CON and I can't wait for the next one! [face_dancing]

2. tal0nkarrde

tal0nkarrde Jedi Knight star 2

Dec 1, 2005
    We just posted a review of I-CON 25 at our site, www.g-pop.net.

Excerpt:

With I-CON 24 having been somewhat of a disappointment for me, I was somewhat apprehensive about attending I-CON 25. Going to the I-CON had become somewhat of a tradition, but I wasn?t certain that I would want to attend more than one day as I had on previous occasions. The only saving grace ? this I-CON was a special number: number 25. My first I-CON was I-CON 20 and it was a great deal of fun. The succeeding I-CONs were decent, but lacked something of the first one I attended. I had hopes for this I-CON, being the 25th anniversary of the event. My hopes were answered.

Entering the registration room was a feat in itself, as hundreds of would-be attendees lined up down the block and around the corner, waiting to buy tickets to the event. Hundreds more were inside the registration room picking up tickets they had bought online in advance. Many were dressed in the costumes of their favorite movie, cartoon, and anime heroes. No, I wasn't wearing a costume. However, I was clad in my favorite Batman shirt and was wearing a ring given to me at one of the tables that was shaped like a rose and glowed in alternating red, yellow, blue colors.

The tables in the registration room were packed with registration materials, programs, free memorabilia and more. Attendees roamed the room perusing the interesting wares being sold on the surrounding tables. I immediately spotted Goats creator Jonathan Rosenberg and rushed over to strike up a conversation with him and R. Stevens, creator of the internet comic Diesel Sweeties. Then it was off to the other tables where I perused everything from Celtic music to science fiction books that were given away freely to those who wished to donate to the campus library.

Then, it was off to the dealer room which had seen a dramatic change since my last visit. What once seemed crowded and dreary was now bright and open. I had been worried that the dealer?s room would be like that of I-CON 24, basically suited for the gaming crowd, but things had changed this year. I was delighted to see that there was quite a variety of tables this year. There was something for everyone. Yes, there were gaming tables with dice, characters, costumes, etc, but there were also comic book dealers, art dealers, and more. DVD and VHS sets were discounted on the first day, unlike last year, when everything seemed to be full price. There were more tables containing action figures and statues of every variety including wrestling, sci-fi, comic heroes and more. There were tables filled with books of all kinds ? hardcovers, paperbacks, and collections ? all at reasonable prices. I was extremely happy to find a true bargain amongst all the book tables. Klon Newell of Klon?s Interplanetary Books sold me 4 hardcover superhero guides, normally retailing for $20 apiece, for the low price of just $20 for all four! I walked away with an extremely wide grin on my face and two very heavy bags....

The write-up is huge - two articles worth. You can check it out at www.g-pop.net/ICON25Review.htm. Have quite a few pics as well.

3. sidious618

sidious618 Jedi Grand Master star 6

Apr 20, 2003
    I was there and geeked out about meeting Richard Hatch, Kevin Sorbo, Keith R. A. DeCandido and Carmen Argenziano. So much fun if you ask me.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.