main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

I could be a doctor! -(Week 2, Day 1 Task)

Discussion in 'Archive: Big Brother Strikes Back' started by solojones, May 12, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. solojones

solojones Chosen One star 10

Sep 27, 2000
    I have many vivid memories of my childhood, even my early childhood, but this one sticks out as the most unfortunate and possibly mildly interesting of them.

It was the day before my third birthday, and I was revelling in my trip to Hardee's (provided by my grandpa). My brother, who was 6, was along with me. The two of us decided it would be fun to climb on the playground equipment there, and grandpa agreed.

Now, let me preface this by saying that, though I am the younger child and female, I always take charge. I'm the one who was always James Bond to my brother's 'James Bond Jr.' character; the Indiana Jones to his 'Indy's Long Lost Brother'. So naturally, I went first. This is one time when it would have been better to have swallowed my pride, but alas, that hindsight thing.

I climbed up into the little pipe and stood looking over the vast (4'x 4') rope net. It was the only thing that stood between me and the slide. We were only about 2 feet off the ground, but I suddenly didn't feel so brave. My brother pushed me lightly from behind. "Go, go Rachel," he said. I couldn't make myself move. Finally, when I was just about ready to make a daring flying leap, he pushed me again, and I tripped. My left wrist slipped through the ropes and smacked the ground with a crack.

At this moment, I suppose my adrenaline kicked in, because rather than sitting and bawling, I climbed into the slide, scrambled down and over to grandpa. I cried a little and proclaimed, "Grandpa, I broke my arm!" He looked at my bruised wrist and insisted that it would be alright. But it was not alright. Upon examination by Dr. Jelly (I kid you not) it was clear that I had indeed broken my left wrist.

Perhaps my newfound diagnostic skills would lead one to believe that I could be a doctor. I actually have wanted to for quite a while, but I'm not certain it would be a good thing- I don't like people [face_plain] The most valuable thing this experience really gave me was video of me on my birthday, now happy, with my cast (they only had purple, but I wanted blue. Leonardo was my favourite turtle) running insanely at invisible adversaries and shouting "Watch out Shredder!"

That, and a good reason to sue Hardee's.

2. B'omarr

B'omarr Jedi Master star 6

Apr 7, 2000
    Dr. Jelly. That's great.

I wonder if Dr. Jelly still practices. If so, he/she should have "I don't think you're ready for this jelly" playing in the waiting room. It would be bootylicious.

3. solojones

Sep 27, 2000
    It's a he. And three years later, he set my arm again when I broke it at the elbow. Now it bends backwards! Amazing.

Also, when I was three, my brother pulled the power cord (still connected to the wall) out of the back of the Nintendo, and urged me to stick it in my mouth. That hurt. My brother was evil.

4. TheEmperorsHand

TheEmperorsHand Jedi Knight star 5

Aug 27, 2000
    :eek: you're too much of a daredevil, Rachel :p Still very interesting memory ;)
    Actually, I remember that I sprained my thumb when I was around 8... and I forget how I did it! Still, very interesting ;)

5. solojones

Sep 27, 2000
    [face_laugh] yeah, well considering the fact that I had been to the ER at least 6 times by the time I was 12, I'd say I'm just more of a clutz :p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.