main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Victoria. BC I demand satisfaction. Rani, we duel at dawn.

Discussion in 'Canada Discussion Boards' started by Shara_82, Nov 4, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Shara_82

Shara_82 Administrator Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 10, 2001
    What's goin' on with that banner?

2. CrazyMike

CrazyMike Former Mod & RSA star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 4, 2000
    What is going on with that banner !!!

3. Indigo_Jade

Indigo_Jade Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 23, 2002
    What's going on with that banner, eh?

4. _Derisa_Ollamhin_

_Derisa_Ollamhin_ Jedi Master star 4

Jul 31, 2000
    Hahahaha! We stole da banner, while you were takin' a peepee, you stupid Daikini!

*Derisa*

5. Rani Veko

Rani Veko Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 22, 2000
    Muuhahahaa... [face_devil]

"Our first catch of the day!"

If the Aussies want their banner back, well, they'll just have to come here themselves and...and...um...ask for it nicely. That's the way we do things here in Canada! :p

6. Rani Veko

Apr 22, 2000
    Well, if the admins are going to give us this lovely new banner, we might as well have pretty icons to match, eh? :)

Jumps aboard Victory Base's newly "aquired" pirate frigate, H.M.A.S. Huggard, and sets a course for the Australian second-hand icon storage depot.

Ramming speed, Mister Skittles!

7. CrazyMike

Dec 4, 2000
    It is a nice banner :)

8. Shara_82

Jan 10, 2001
    I will not ask for it politely!

I may rant in righteous indignation, promise to be your friend or threaten you with a fish, but I won't ask for it politely.

9. DarthJurist

DarthJurist Admin Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 10, 2000
    See, I blame the auzzies for this whole international incident. If they had bothered to put "AU or ?Australia? or ?North Americans SUCKS? in their banner, or used some universally accepted and approved Australian imagery in the banner (I?m thinking a koala or kangaroo, or a kangaroo with a koala in it?s pouch) then we wouldn?t have to put Shara through fish anger management therapy.

Again.

But hey, at least I got the city right. Last week I accidentally put Bloomington, Indiana images in the Cleveland, Ohio style sheet. Considering one chapter is ?sith? and the other ?jedi?, they were quite put out. Sith get so pissy when their forum doesn't loook just so.

I've re-named the style sheets, so hopefully this won't happen again.

~H~

10. Shara_82

Jan 10, 2001
    Pfft! It was an AMERICAN GSA who put that banner up in the first place, Jurist. You've only got yourselves to blame.

AND STOP TALKING BADLY ABOUT MY FISH DAMNIT!!!11!!1!1!

Edit: And we couldn't put a kangaroo in it - they were all busy being ridden to school and work the day of the photo shoot.

11. CrazyMike

Dec 4, 2000
    The dynamic duo [face_laugh]

12. haruwindsong

haruwindsong Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 2, 2004
    Kangaroo riding --- hmmm. Better check out your fillings with the dentist afterwards. Personally, I think an emu might be more comfortable, except I happen to have a preference for horses. All in all, there's been something decidedly fishy about this thread and we all know what living in 'Oz' can do to you:
    "We represent the---No, no. The dark side this is!"
    [face_devil] "Heh, heh. Oops." (looking over should and clearing throat) "Sorry about that, Master Yoda." :D

13. lordvaderFF

lordvaderFF Jedi Master star 4

Nov 29, 2000
    You didn't take our banner....WE TOOK YOUR FORUM!!!

It's MINE...ALL MINE.

14. arcticfox

arcticfox Jedi Knight star 1

Oct 25, 2004
    ok, so i'll make this a stop in the "Around the World in 80 Threads" tour.....the 17th......as the topic here is of interest to the Fox

as Canada is the home to my namesake, Arcticfox, the Fox would applaud the sneakiness he sees here (yes, he is speaking in third Animal, but he does that when at his fluffiest!), but he finds himself betwixed two sides......for he is also Australian.....

yes, maybe not a Victorian.au (for DJ) himself, and as prone to rib the odd Melbournite at times as anyone else...but he's also a kean follower of Starwalking....

....but then, the sneakiness overwhelms him..... :D

so what should he do?!

easy.....he'll throw a snow ball at the Canadiana, ay?....and also a Wombat nugget at the Oz....... hee hee! :D

ahhh emm....cough..

"how DARE you stinking Victorians steal the stinkings Victorians banner! only the Victorians should have it! do you think i didnt notice the MCG? do YOU HAVE an MCG? you Victorians dont even know how to PLAY Aussie Rule Football!! ;) sure, you may have a Cricket team....but how good at Cricket has Victoria ever really been?....heee hee!... :D "

"oh, go home silly Victorians, we Victorians laugh at your silliness!....besides, we Victorians were here first....so nnnnahhhh! :)......ay!"

oh so fluffy...:)

please notice the neat piles of Wombat Snowballs, with nuggets, to your left...(your OTHER left, silly Victorian! :) )........

begin!

(ok, done for now...may the best victorian win.......me off to the 18th stop...maybe scotland....18 holes in golf, and all that...ay?....bye!... :) )

15. SithLord-Mixo

SithLord-Mixo Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 21, 2002
    Yes and now I am here. VaderFF's son. And i can ruin many a thread! So give the banner back!

16. Rani Veko

Apr 22, 2000
    Hey, we didn't order it, it just sorta showed up, like as though the Old Folks' Home had sent the cocktail waitress over to our table with a round of drinks with little umbrellas, and we'd be rude not to accept. So we're just sittin' here, sipping our drinks, and hoping that this doesn't make us obliged to dance with them or something...

...but I digress.

We've grown rather attached to this banner, dear Aussie friends, since it's been sitting here unclaimed for a several days. So...what's it worth to you? :D [face_devil]

17. Thok

Thok Jedi Master star 6

May 24, 2002
    I still am offended.

18. TheBoogieMan

TheBoogieMan Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 14, 2001
    now that there is two vic australia ff's, can we post in here with abandon?!?

Mabye you could have our signature too: Not a bunch of dirty Americans and proud of it!

Except you are Americans... but not that American. If you know what i mean.

Anyway, Thok is american and he still wears it with pride. More power to him!

19. Rani Veko

Apr 22, 2000
    You can call us Americans so long as we can call you New Zealanders. :p

20. Thok

Thok Jedi Master star 6

May 24, 2002
    *wears his badge with pride*

Thats right, i wear it.

*is not proud to be from minnesota*

21. TheBoogieMan

TheBoogieMan Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 14, 2001
    Hey, i meant Americans as in you are North Americans. I wouldn't impose USAship apon anyone. If i was it'd be us subservient Aussies before you beligerant Canuks! :p

22. CrazyMike

Dec 4, 2000
    I do not know about you Rani but I would prefer to be called a Canadian. It has a much nicer ring to it [face_laugh]

23. Rani Veko

Apr 22, 2000
    Very true, Mike, very true. :)

Okay, tell ya what...if you blokes would like to suggest some board colour schemes instead of that green, olive green and light green of yours that we're usuing right now, we'll pick a new set and Indigo_Jade can upload our new banner within (I hope) a few days of that. So, any ideas?

24. SithLord-Mixo

SithLord-Mixo Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 21, 2002
    Why i oughtaa do things to you moosies, newfies and frenchies that would make your tails curl!

25. Rani Veko

Apr 22, 2000
    We're not Frenchies or Newfies (well, maybe some of us are, originally)...we're known as Lotus-eaters or Tree-huggers, at least that's what the rest of the country knows us as! ;)

Moosies...that's a new one on me.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.