main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

San Diego, CA I did it all by myself...

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by MasterBarkeep3633, Feb 16, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MasterBarkeep3633

MasterBarkeep3633 Jedi Youngling star 2

May 9, 2004
    I just build my first computer from scratch (so to speak)... and it KICKS @$$ ! I love it ! I set the graphs to high on all levels of Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare and it's sooo crispy ! Just felt the need to brag about this cause it came out so well andit's my first time doing this... (plus it means I can set the graphics to ultra high on Republic Commando or Force Commander.... <sigh> when are they going to remake TIE FIGHER ?!?!?!)
    JERMS/TK-3633

2. me-gonk

me-gonk Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 17, 2003
    Great job!!

3. Volntyr

Volntyr Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 23, 2002
    Specs?

4. MasterBarkeep3633

May 9, 2004
    2 500gb Hard Drives (one for OS, one for Storage) intel core 2 Quad processer (2.42 Ghz each) Nvidia 780i motherboard, 4 gb coirsair dominator ram (version 3, [face_tired] ) BFG nvidia 8800 GTS OC graphics card, and a BIG honking Zalman cooler fan. It's really sweet, the graphics already beat the PS3 ! So I can't wait till I get a 2ed graphics card to throw in it. (The mother board can handle 3, but I think THAT would be pushing it...)
    JERMS/TK-3633

5. MtnJedi

MtnJedi Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 27, 2005
    Quite impressive. I had to have someone build mine for me even though I chose the specs. Yours is like twice as fast as mine.:eek:

6. Jedi-Loreen

Jedi-Loreen Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 2, 2002
    Wow, that does sound like a kick @$$ system.

I built my current computer, but I was on a budget at the time. It's nice, but not as high end as yours. But it's a work in progress, and I upgrade it as needed or as I have the money to do so.

7. MasterBarkeep3633

May 9, 2004
    Well, The only reason I was able to put all that stuff in was my mom gave me some money to do so. (Don't know why, didn't really care... just mom-ly-ness I guess).
    My only problem is it's kinda loud with the fans and all... I'm looking into how to overclock it... but for now I guess I don't need to... lol !
    JERMS !!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.