main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

"I didn't know playdoh was explosive." a JA humor fic, completed 2/26/03

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by Niobiie-of-Belfalas, Jan 25, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Niobiie-of-Belfalas

Niobiie-of-Belfalas Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 15, 2002
    Hello everyone, another one of my notorious humor fics *please don't shudder like that when I'm typing, its distracting*
    Okay, this was called Mission: Impossible so, confusing, yeah, but I liked this name better.
    Rated: LE (laughing encoraged)

Summery
    Obi-Wan, Siri, and two other teens get saddled babysitting eight children of questionable obedience capabilities.

Dedication
    For my six brothers and sister, who gave me endless material to work with.

Disclaimer/Plea
    I didn?t create this world or some of these characters, please don?t sue me.

Caution
    If you don?t like humor, get off this thread, breath deeply, and flee the country.

All About Me
    I like humor, I babysit a lot, the situation seemed to work.

Without farther blab, the fic of dooooom....

------
    "I didn't know playdoh was explosive."

"WHAT!!!!!!!!" yelled Obi-Wan Kenobi, "You want me to do what !!"

"Calm down," sighed his master Qui-Gon Jinn, "It's only for a couple of days."

"No, I refuse."

"Okay, I'll just find a new padawan then."

"Very funny."

"For crying out loud you just have to babysit a bunch of kids for the conference for a couple of days."

"Yes, a bunch of kids that I'm afraid will be crying out loud."

"It'll be fun."

"Oh sure, all the thrills of a crash landing."

"Ha ha. Anyway you'll start today, and they will be paying you."

"Oh joy."

"Honestly sometimes? well, come on."

When they arrived there were all ready two other people there. They were both younger than Obi-Wan.

"Obi-Wan, you'll be babysitting with three other people. This is Queenda and her twin bother Deck."

"Who's the other person?"

"You'll be living together in this house for four days."

"WHAT!?! You said two days before and who's the other person."

"Okay, so I rounded it off a little. This is the boys wing and this is the girls wing."

"Great, who's the other person."

"Here is the schedule for the children."

"How nice, who's the other person."

"You'll be watching eight kids, so each of you will have two kids to keep a an eye on."

"Your hiding something, who's the other person."

"You will be the oldest so your in charge of everything in general."

"Qui-Gon, WHO IS THE OTHER PERSON!!!!!!!!!!!!! "

"Hi Qui-Gon, ready to go to the conference??" it was Adi Gallia.

"Hi Adi,"said Qui-Gon trying hard to ignore the look that could melt steel Obi-Wan was giving him.

"Qui-Gon, if the other person is who I think it is......."whispered Obi-Wan shaking his head slowly.

"Hi Qui-Go....OBI-WAN KENOBI!?!?!?!?!? ADI, YOU DIDN'T TELL ME HE WAS GOING TO BE HERE." It was Siri Tachi.

"Bye bye, guys. Have fun." grinned Qui-Gon.

"Qui-Gon, if you think for one minute that I'm going to stay in the same house with her, your crazy"

"Master, if you think for one second that I'm going to stay in the same house as him your insane."

"See you in four days."

-----

Nio gleefully giggles in perfect Boba imatation "Heh heh heh..."

-Nio

2. SHADOW13

SHADOW13 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 20, 2003
    deaperatly trying to contain laughter
    Must hear more

3. Wild_Huntress

Wild_Huntress Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 15, 2002
    Lol. Great start Nio! ;)

4. Niobiie-of-Belfalas

Oct 15, 2002
    Shadow: I like it when people laugh, (even if it's at me.) ;)

Huntress: Good to see you! Have you posted on everything that can go wrong??

Confusing as it may be for a few people, I changed the name to "I didn't know playdoh was explosive." So this is still the same thread, just a different name

-----

It was even worse than Obi-Wan had imagined. Six of eight children and aliens, were boys. That meant there would be six children in the boys wing and only two in the girls. He did like Deck though, he was only one year younger than Obi-Wan and very mature for his age. He didn't like Queenda though, she reminded him of a social worker who had once come to the temple because she was worried the children there didn't have enough 'socialization'. And what made it worse was that, since Deck let her boss him around, she thought everyone else should too.

Deck was in charge of two boys: Cup Bruny, human, age three and Silvor Tuwas, Bothan, age eight.

Queenda had to look after two boys as well: Nox-Da Thanara age one and his older brother Berry-Da Thanara age four. Both were green skinned Lincks.

Siri had the two girls: Endawell Loosik, human, age two and Llleck-Du'Neel Hebbat, who was a five year old Teesa, .

Obi-Wan was pretty sure he had the two worse boys of the group: two three year old twin human brothers named Yorst and Yerst Tetaluu.

So he was now in charge of eight children ages one, two, three, four, five, and eight. With two girls and one boy who were all younger than him to help.

He looked at the schedule, "Well, since today is almost over it doesn't say what we should do with them until bedtime. I guess we could just let them watch T.V."

"Oh, no." gasped Queenda, "That's not educational enough. Let's teach them all about how each person is an individual. That will raise their self esteem."

"Let's not and say we did." growled Obi-Wan.

"But that would a lie."

Obi-Wan put his face in his hands "I'm just kidding Queenda."

"Oh,"

"Oh come in let's just let them watch T.V." said Siri.

"Oh.....oh fine. But it MUST be an educational one."

"Howza bout the Flinstones??"

"ABSOLUTELY NOT. That show teaches children that life was a complex cycle instead of a primitive state of being. Not to mention it teaches them to say words like YABADABADOO which is not even in the dictionary."

"Right, meanwhile we're still talking basic here." whispered Obi-Wan to Siri. Siri gave a very undignified snort.

"Yes, but just remember I have to sleep in the same room as her."

"I truly pity you."

"Thanks a million. But what I'd really like would be if you can convince her that there are too many dust particles in our room and that it would be safer if she takes the children to the living room, or something like that."

"But that would require getting close to her."

"Ha ha."

"What would you like the children to watch Queenda?? sighed Deck.

"Well, tellitubys is a safe and educational so...."

"Except for the fact that it brain washes them."

"I do not find that comment the least amusing and very hurtful
    Padawan Kenobi. Not to mention the fact that it's a very bad influence for the children, and I think that......what do you want??'' Cup was pulling on her tunic.

"Tup fink you tawk to much. Tup wana watch da t.v."

"Very well, how about a nice educational show?"

Cup shook his head, "Tup wana watch da Finstones not da etuca....edicat.......ellu......da over fing."

Before Queenda could answer him she was interrupted by a scream from Siri.

"CATCH HIM OBI-WAN!!!!!!!!!!"

Obi-Wan made a dive and just barely caught Yerst as he was falling off a tall shelf. The other children screamed with laughter. As he was dusting himself off, Siri just barely grabbed a glass plate in time from Yorst as he threw it from his perch on top of the table.

"That does it," she announced, "These children are watching the Flinstones and no ifs, ands, or buts about it." She turned it on and as if by magic the noise was shut of

5. SiriGallia

SiriGallia Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 28, 2001
    *giggles* Oh! Here it is Nio!! You know, I'm all ready starting to see some sibling influence here! :D MORE SOON!! :D

6. Sarah_K

Sarah_K Jedi Master star 4

Jun 10, 2001
    NIO, THIS IS TOO MUCH!! [face_laugh] And to think you've barely gotten started... The potential here is most extrordinarily frightening. And as the oldest of nine, I demand to hear it!

There's nothing quite like laughing with experience. ;)

Loved Obi-Wan's attempts to figure out who his partner would be, and the both of their reaction to the pairing, and Q-can'tremember's overly perky attitude, and her influence on D-forgotthattoo. Great start! And you're right: this title is better.

Sarah >^,,^<

7. Niobiie-of-Belfalas

Oct 15, 2002
    Siri & Sarah: Hiya juys, *singing* Anticipation.... (oh yeah.) You know I have a postaday type rule, but I'm gona be gone for a few days, I'm going skiing!! Yeha! So here's a postie, and I'll get back to you. Call me in the morning.

-----

Unfortunately the show was over all too quickly and it was time to get the children ready for bed.

Deck made a grab for Silvor and got him. Then he made a grab for Cup and missed him. ?Come back here, you stinker.?

?No no no no no no no!!! Tup don?d wana go to da bed.? he giggled.

He ran around the corner, but when Deck came around the corner he was no where to be seen.

?Looking for this,? said a amused sounding voice behind him. He turned and found Siri holding a shrieking, giggling, twisting, wrestling Cup in her arms.

?Thanks? he then turned and discovered that now Silvor had disappeared.

?Silvor were are you?!?

?Right here.?

?Oh, there you ar....WHAT ARE YOU DOING!?!?!??

?Making the curtains on the window prettier.?

?WITH SCISSORS??????????

?Yeah, I couldn?t find no markers or glitter glue.?

Deck suddenly felt very tired ?Give me those and never, I repeat NEVER cut the curtains with scissors or smear glitter glue on them OR color onthem with markers.?

?Okay.......Deck??

?Mmm??

?How about crayons??

?NO!!!!! NO CRAYONS EITHER!!!!

?Colored pencils???

?NO!!?

?What should I do then??

?Go to bed!?

?Oky-doky.?

At last Deck got them in the bedroom. He opened the children's two suit
    cases and looked inside.

?But Tup don?d wana go to da bedy.?

?Imagine that.?

?Yup, wana watchy da t.v.?

?I bet you do.?

?Yup, and eat da cookies and eat da cany and eat da panycakes and eat da....da........da cany and eat da ice cweam.?

?No doubt you do.?

?Yup.?

?Me to.?

?No Silvor.?

?Am I still in trouble???

?Yes.?

?Gee whiz, all I did was cut the curtains a little bit and color on
    Obi-Wan?s boots.?

?You did WHAT to Obi-Wan?s boots!?!?!??

?Oops. Uh, did I say that????

?That?s it!!!! BED!!!!!!!!?

?Awww nuts.?

-----

Okay, now we're getting into personal experience...

-Nio

8. SiriGallia

Jan 28, 2001
    *laughs* I was WONDERING when that sort of thing was going to come up ;)

GREAT POST!! :D You're sibs WILL laugh about this later :D

9. Sarah_K

Jun 10, 2001
    This must be the stuff Siri tells me she hears in the background when she calls you, Nio... :p

LOL! Deck's one-syllable answers were all-too-familiar. [face_laugh]

Have fun on your skis!

Sarah >^,,^<

10. bobilll

bobilll Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 8, 2002
    I was going to respond yesterday if my computer didn't crash... evil comp... but hey, i'm back! AndI love this new idea! I didn't know that your brothers and sisters were cute! Hehe, it makes me sooooo lonesome for siblings! Love the part with Jinn avoiding to tell Kenobi who the other guy is... very funny!

11. Niobiie-of-Belfalas

Oct 15, 2002
    Siri: I think there might be a bit of Obi the Shadow influence floating around here, *heh heh heh...*

Sarah: I did have fun on my skis...and other people had fun watching my skis...and I had fun watching other people of their skis...all around, it was just one big crashing party. (yuck yuck)
    I only did one fall that actually got people of the lifts to cheer though...

Bobilll: (I think I just spelled your name right for the first time ever...)
    Good to see you!! Old friend/nemisis are good to chat with... :D
    Ah, evil computer, just ask Siri about me and computers... 8-} [face_even_sillier]
    Here's one good way to know what you're missing not having insane amounts of fellow offspring running around.
    Believe me, my sibs are cute. My two yearold brother is my baby, Cup is pretty close to him. (so are Yorst and Yerst)

-----

Siri stifled a giggle and motioned to Obi-Wan, "Come here, Queenda's telling the kids to go to bed in her own special way."

"I bet she is." He moved closer...

".....so that is why sleep is such an important health function. Any questions?? .......yes Berry-Da."

"I still don't wana to go to bed."

"But it's so healthy."

"Wana watch t.v."

"But t.v. is so bad for your eyes. it can damage and strain your corneas not to mention....."

They left the children to their fate.

Siri's girls went to bed just fine.

Obi-Wan's boys were a different story. No matter where he looked he couldn't find them. No one he had asked had seen them. At last he sat down in frustration. A minute later Llleck came in.

"Why aren't you in bed??"

Her wispy tentacles fluttered, "I heard you ask Sewi if she had seen Yerst and Yerst."

"Uh, yeah. Have you seen them??"

"Uh huh,"

"Where??"

"Out the windid-ow."

-----

Short but oooooooooh the possibilites....

-Nio

12. SiriGallia

Jan 28, 2001
    *giggle* This is SO not good!! Yeah, I think maybe writing Obi the Shadow was a BAD idea! :D

That girl obviously knows NOTHING about little kids though!! :D

MORE SOON!

13. Niobiie-of-Belfalas

Oct 15, 2002
    Ah, indeed. She could convice those poor kids less if she TRIED!! It is so NOT like me and Naomi at lunch this afternoon.

"But I don't like my lettuce."

"Too bad. Just eat it."

"But it makes me throw up."

"Eat it quickly."

"I'd don't like it."

"Get in there and eat that lettuce. Did you eat your grapes??"

"I don't like them either."

"Too bad. Eat them."

"I can't eat them. They're bad."

"I ate some too. They are very very good."

"I don't like the lettuce."

"Eat it."

~~guess who won the argument... we compromised, she ate the lettuce and grapes, and skipped the eggs and macaroni. she thought she won.~~

-Nio

14. Sarah_K

Jun 10, 2001
    she thought she won.

[face_laugh] Clever girl, Nio! That's usually the way you have to run it: sacrifice the appearance of victory for victory itself.

And as for the possiblities of a kid outside a window... on Corscant... AAAAH! Whoever said babysitting was for the mild, quavery, stay-at-home types never babysat in their lives. ;)

Sarah >^,,^<

15. bobilll

Aug 8, 2002
    [face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh]

My gosh, Queenda's hilarious, with all her lectures! And the two Y's out the window? Poor poor Obi-wan!

Tricked your siblings, huh? That's not very nice... Naomi sounds very cute. How old is she?

Your family sounds like so much fun. *looks around empty house sadly*

16. SiriGallia

Jan 28, 2001
    *giggle* Yes Nio, that sounds like you two ;)

Bobill: Oh yeah, she's really cute...unless of course you put lettuce in her way ;)

17. Niobiie-of-Belfalas

Oct 15, 2002
    Sarah: Anyone who says that, is crazier than me. Why is it that when a mom is a stay-at-home, they say she's not working and doesn't have a job?? Carrear women specialize in one field and one field alone, mommys just get pretty good at EVERTHING!!

Bobilll: Naomi has blue/gold eyes the size of stars, wispy blond hair, an accidental occational lisp, is six, and acts twenty-one. She's adorable, and absolutely LOVES people.
    Poor Bobilll, empty house...hm, decribe to me what that's like. Peace and quiet...do those words exist?? ;) Just make up for your quiet house now by having an insane amount when your grow up. My goal is to have enough that people ask you to repeat the number again.

Siri: Well, she's not that cute if you put kiwi or onions or snapping turtles or high cliffs in front of her... :D

And my news of my pitiful life is now.... I START DRIVERS ED TOMORROW!!!! Yipee!!
    -----

"Llleck, why aren't you in bed??" asked Siri in surprise.

"Hada tell Oba-Van supin."

"All right but now get in bed."

"Can'd go to sweep."

"And why not??"

"You didn put me to bed da wright way."

"Well, how should I do it then."

"Deres a wist in my bag."

"A list??"

"Yeah."

"Okay........here it is...........AGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

Deck came at a run, "what's wrong?!?!?!"

"DOES LLLECK'S MOTHER THINK I HAVE NOTHING TO DO THE NEXT THREE WEEKS BUT PUT LLLECK TO BED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"What does it say??"

She threw it at him. He caught it nimbly and began to read in a loud
    pompous voice, "1. read two to four of the provided books while massaging her back
    2. make a lukewarm mush with 1 cup of kitno wheat (the kind without gluten), 1 T. of honey, 1/2 t. cinnamon, 1/2 t. chintby, and 1/8 t. dipperdill cream.
    3. spoon feed (with provided crystal spoon) while singing the national anthem of the Republic of Aclatick Democatcy...." he choked off laughing. "oh brother Siri! I think I can honestly say I have never heard of the Republic of Aslat..."

"Oh be quiet." snapped Siri. "What, in the name of stars and galaxies am I going to do?!?!"

"w-e-l-l, I suppose following the list is out if the que...." he barely dodged a flying couch cushion. "Yeah, I thought so."

"What u gona do it me" lisped Llleck.

"Ummmmm, I guess I don't really know."

"Cud you dist wead to me a wittle??"

"Read to you a little?? Um, let me think about that a minute. Okay, my answer is, believe it or not, yes, yeah, definitely, absolutely, oky-doky,
    indubitably, righto, certainly, you got it kiddo, decidedly, positively, surly, truly, unquestionably, verily, without a doubt, yes-yes-yes-yes-yes-yes-yes-yes, Deck could you hand me a thesaurus so I could find some more words to express assent??"

Deck just grinned, "I think you made your point Siri."

"GOOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!"
    -----

Just a few pointers on how NOT to raise children. This is how to end up with a big eyed little brat on your hands.

-Nio

18. Sarah_K

Jun 10, 2001
    A very high-maintenance big eyed little brat... :p

As usual, you hit the nail on the head! Now if we could just do the same thing to Lleck's mother, Siri may be saved from an untimely death. ;)

LOL on the national anthem bit!

And don't worry, Nio, drivers ed isn't so bad! Not that Sarah-whose-last-exploit-in-the-car-was-to-back-it-into-a-ditch is anyone to listen to, I suppose you could argue, but I've been told it gets easier with practice. Never mind. I'll shut up now. :)

Sarah >^,,^<

19. bobilll

Aug 8, 2002
    LOL! I bet the mother was just messing with Siri's brain... is this what you guys have to go through with you're siblings? I remember when I was younger my parents just told me to go to sleep... no national anthem for me...hehe, poor poor frustrated siri. And yes, my house is incredibly silent... I sooo want to meet your family one day, Nio!

20. Niobiie-of-Belfalas

Oct 15, 2002
    Sarah: After thinking about that phrase, I like 'very high maintenance BUG eyed little brat' better than big. "There once was a boy named Eustace Clarence Scrubb, and he almost deserved it..." ;)
    Well, I did the first night. Wasn't very interesting, met another home school girl, very sweet, but all the high school kids just sat around like fifteen year old deer ina head light statues. It was the 'unsocialized, deprived home schoolers' that were laughing and introducing each other to people, and making crack remarks during class. (okay, I admit, that was me)

Bobilll: Oh, what I've got planned to develop (much later in the story) shows that Llleck's parents were MOST DEFINATELY NOT kidding at ALL!! *heh heh...*
    And, no, that isn't what we do with my sibs. I, as the honored first born, got rocked to sleep. Perhaps the next two or three were rocked, but after that....story, kiss, prayers, nothing fancy.
    Meet my family, SURE! Just wear a helmet and don't be put off by a German shepherd pup that'll bay in your face and jump around excitedly. Or colored-on (crayons, pen, pencil, markers, take your pick) walls, or dirty carpets, or a yard of an acre in size with about two yards of clear grass... sunshine, torn jeans, laughter, and faces that need a wet washcloth. That's my happy life!! And since I do school all day at home, I NEVER LEAVE IT TO GO SOCIALIZE WITH THE REAL WORLD. You can obviously tell how strange and frightening no real high school is making me. ;) :D

-----

"Thanks Llleck," Obi-Wan called over his shoulder as he ran out the door. He stopped short and looked around the loud, brightly lighted streets and swallowed hard, "Okay, if I were two naughty identical twin three year old brothers. Where would I........okay scratch that. If I were a troublemaker and were out here by myself, where would I be?" He was almost sorry at the answer his brain gave him. 'in a bar of some kind, of course' He looked around and spotted the nearest one. It was brightly lit, and as he got closer he saw a small familiar figure sitting by the door looking very pleased with himself.

"Yerst!! what are you doing. And where's Yorst?!?!?"

"Da big guy at de door wouldn't let me in but I screamed until he gave me a canty."

"A what??"

"A canty" he held up a small piece of candy, "an he said to me, 'her kit I hope you chokes.'"

"I have no doubt of that. Give me that candy."

"NO!NO!NO!NO!NO!NO!NO!NO!NO!NO!NO!N......

"You can have this instead."

"Alwight."

"Now, where's Yorst."

Yerst started giggling. "We pwayed a twik on da big guy.

"Oh great, just what I need, what'd you do?''

"When I was tawking to da big guy, he swipt in."

"Oh joy, now how am I supposed to get him out."

"I don'd know."

"Thanks a lot."

"You welcomed."

"Now go back to the house."

"Oh kay."

Obi-Wan waited till Yerst was in the house and then turned his attention to the bar. He was assuming that 'da big guy' was a bouncer of some sort. If only he could get in without drawing any attention to himself it might be okay......... "Where da ya tink yer going kid."

The voice was very deep and not particularly friendly.

"Oh, hi, um...."

"We don allow no kids under nineteen in here."

"Oh.....really?"

"Yeah, so make tracks before I forget to be nice."

"Are you sure???"

"Yep."

"You're sure you're sure."

"Yes indeed."

"Um, and you're not going change your mind any time soon??"

"No."

"Uhhh.....you're sure you're sure you're su..."

"Beat it kid."

Obi-Wan thought frantically. "Sure but before I go let me ask you, are you a happy tw'leck??

"What??"

"Because I think that you....yes you, should consider the wonderful advantages of 'Wipers Cream of Mushroom Soup.'

"HUH?!?!?!?"

"Yes-siree, it has all the advantages of a full meal, not to mention the fact that it whitens teeth and freshens breath. It can also get you an extended warranty on your speeder."

"But....I....listen kid, I don't know who yous is, but yo

21. SiriGallia

Jan 28, 2001
    Great posts Nio!!

Oh man I can't imagine a mother that annoying! :D I can't imagine doing stuff like that for each of my sibs either!! :D

That whole deal with Astri and her husband was hilarious! Poor kid, he just can't understand when grown-ups are bluffing REALLY well ;)

Yes well...we all HOPE he'll behave ;)

Good luck with Driver's Ed! I'm not sure WHEN I'm going to start, but like I told you, this state's Driver's Ed course is a lot more daunting than yours *sigh* :D

22. bobilll

Aug 8, 2002
    Oh my goodness poor Yorst! That Astri and her husband, torturing the poor guy! Have you done this before? Hmmm, I'll be sure to keep this tactic in mind the next time I babysit...

23. Niobiie-of-Belfalas

Oct 15, 2002
    Siri: Behave? Uh, to cut a long story short, he doesn't.
    Poor Siri, I would hate to have to learn in your town, all those scary hills and stuff. [face_shocked] I am very glad driver's ed isn't too hard here, or I definately would be more freaked out. Today was a lot more fun, I'm going to drive next monday for the first time with an intructor. *shiver's with delight/fright*

Bobilll: I don't think I've ever inployed this little tactic... *thinks back over the years* naw, I'm just as sweet as pie with the kids. [face_devil]

-----

After reading to Llleck, Siri plopped down exhausted next to Queenda on the couch, "so Deck, what is the movie selection in that cabinet like."

"Nuthin much," he said, looking in the cabinet. "We've got: 'Mary Poppins: The Creche Mistress', 'Dumbo: The Bantha With Large Ears', 'Bambi the Orphaned Gungan,' 'My Fair Toydarien', uh, no, wait, wait, wait, that's the childrens' selection.......ours are Father, Sith, and The Son, The Jane Austen movies, Willow, The Apprentice Bride, ("oooo," squealed Siri, "I love that movie!!") The Indiana Jones Trilogy, The Matrix, and.....oooooooo the Terminator movies!!!!

"Coooooool. Do you like those Queenda???"

"Never heard of them."

Needless to say, Siri and Deck exchanged a strange look before Siri turned back to her, "I think you'd love them. Let's just skip the first one though, I like the second one better. We'll explain the plot to you."

About half an hour later, Obi-Wan came into the room. He had gotten Yerst and Yorst to bed without too much trouble. He glanced at the holo set, but he didn't feel like watching. He grabbed a book called 'Heir To The Empire' and went to the kitchen to read.

Siri, Deck, and Queenda continued to watch. Whenever Siri looked at Queenda, she was either covering her eyes, or clutching a pillow for the whole movie.

When it was over, Siri yawned, and looked at Queenda out of the corner of her eye. Queenda was white as a sheet and looked very confused. The pillow next to her was bent all out of shape.

"Did you like the movie Queenda??" Deck asked, innocently.

"I.....I," she gulped. "I've never, never in my life seen something so.....so.....primitively insulting. I shall write to the government of whatever planet produced such trash and complain. To imply that time travel is possible, is irresponsibly ridiculous. I demand to know who could ever like such......such......." while Queenda was gasping for the right word, Siri could contain herself no longer.

She burst out laughing, and continued giggling until Deck smacked her on the back with worry.

"Breath Siri," he shouted. "Breath!!!"

"I...I'm......fine......no.......really," she choked.

"You guys," cried Obi-Wan coming into the room. "You've got to read this book. It's so funny!!" he didn't even seem to notice that Siri was lying on the couch, gasping for breath.

"Uh," said Deck. "I don't mean to be rude, but is Siri okay??"

Obi-Wan didn't even look up, "Yeah, she does that all the time. But about this book, there are a bunch of weird people in it, and they're all trying to keep this 'new' republic going. And lots of other people keep trying to kill them, and there's this guy name Ben Kenobi, and he's this really silly weird ghost. And the bad guy's name is Thrawn, he's a real funny, and his sidekick is a guy named Pellaeon, who's always confused and creeped out and and this girl named Mara keeps trying to kill this other weird guy and......"

Siri went into another giggling fit.

"And who would ever want to see a movie," continued Queenda, as if she'd never been interrupted, "with such a rude, flawed basis, estimated plot, and sketchy details is beyond me and....."

Deck was silent for a moment, then he stood up and, speaking loudly to be heard over the noise, announced to no one in particular, "I'm going to bed now. Good night."

-----

*okay, new line of stories. this isn't one that happen in our family, it's a babysitting one.
    I was sitting on the floor, playing 'doggy' wi

24. Sarah_K

Jun 10, 2001
    LOL!! Both the inclusion of Astri, and all those videos were great! Loved Garld's clever way of sending the little handful home. Who knows? Maybe it'll confine the kid to home for at least a few hours. Then again...

Nice description of the bar's interior! And a great two thumbs up on Queenda and the Terminator, and Obi-Wan meets Timothy Zahn. The only remaining question is how the book got there. ;)

Glad to hear drivers ed is going well! It seems to often be the way that things go with us too: we, the unsocialized homeschoolers, are always the ones who talk way too much. Why is that? ?[face_plain] ;)

What probably made me laugh the most, though, was your description of playing puppy dogs! DEJA VU! [face_laugh]

Sarah >^,,^<

25. GenOochy

GenOochy Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jan 8, 2003
    Ok I just found this... I really like this story and it's got a great title. I'm going to check out your other stories.

Ooch

FYI, I'm homeschooled also.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.