main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga I Don't Deserve To Live (NEW CHALLENGE IDEA!!!!!!!!) 8'20'03 Come add to it board members!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by diamond_pony2002, Aug 14, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. diamond_pony2002

diamond_pony2002 Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 6, 2002
    Title: I Don't Deserve To Live

Author: diamond_pony2002

Summary: Anakin tries to commit suicide.

Disclaimers: I don't own them and I never will, sadly. They all belong to Mr. Lucas :-(

Notes: italics= thoughts, flashbacks, etc.
    20-year-old Anakin Skywalker sat in his bedroom at 3:00 in the afternoon, holding a small bottle of pills, a piece of paper, and a pen. As he set the bottle down on his bed, he started to remember a time when he was just in his teen years.

He was sitting in the gardens, meditating, on a beautiful winter day, when something suddenly hit him in the back of the head. He turned around to see his master, Obi-Wan Kenobi, rushing to hide behind a tree. Then Anakin got an idea. He balled up some snow in his hand, hid it behind his back, and walked to a bench, sitting down casually.

Obi-Wan, staying on guard, watched his 14-year-old apprentice sit and whistle while he knew he was forming a plot in his head. He straightened his robes and walked to sit beside him.

"Hi, Master," Anakin said and still stared forward at the frozen pond.

"Hello, Padawan. What are you doing out here? It's freezing!" Obi-Wan exclaimed with a shiver. Anakin tried hard not to smile before smacking Obi-Wan in the face with the melting snowball. His master just sat there with his eyes closed and mouth open in shock before jumping up and chasing him around the gardens. When Anakin slipped on a piece of frozen ground, Obi-Wan slammed into him and they both landed in a heap, laughing so hard they were crying.

Anakin smiled at the memory before coming back to the present and started writing on the paper.

Master,

I know you never wanted me as an apprentice and that I've not been the best person you've ever known, but I tried to get you to accept me into your heart and I failed. All these years as master and apprentice, all I've ever wanted was to fill that void in your heart, but I couldn't. I'm sorry Master Qui-Gon burdened you with me. I'm sorry I was such a brat. I'm sorry that I will never get to fully understand you. I don't deserve to live. After leaving Naboo against your wishes, killing that Tusken camp, shaming my mother's memory by doing so, and violating the whole Jedi Code with many more numerous things, I now realize that I am not worthy of being your apprentice. I just hope you know that I love you like a father and I'm sorry for yelling at you today. I'm afraid that by the time you find this, I will already be dead, but I'll always keep you with me.

Your son,

Anakin Skywalker

He finshed writing the letter, wiped away the tears from his face, and laid the bottle down on the bed. Then he picked up the bottle of pills and thought for a long time. Was this the right thing to do? Should he hurt his master and Padmé like this? Would they care? Probably not. He popped the top off the bottle, dumped enough pills into his hand to kill him, and stared at them. Right when he decided he was going to do it, his bedroom door opened and Obi-Wan came in.

It was obvious by his red, puffy, bloodshot eyes he had been crying. Obi-Wan couldn't believe what he saw. His only child with a handful of pills in his palm, ready to take them.

When Anakin saw the look of anguish, confussion, sadness, anger, and pain in his master's eyes, he felt as though they were looking right through him. As soon as he saw this, he dropped the pills on the floor and realized his mistake. His master loved him like a father should his son. He loved him. Finally, he felt that void in Obi-Wan's heart fill with his presence over their bond.

Obi-Wan hurried to Anakin, sat down on the bed, and threw his arms around him. He squeezed him tightly and closed his eyes as tears flowed down his cheeks in rivers and stroked Anakin's hair in desperation. He caressed the side of Anakin's he

2. diamond_pony2002

Nov 6, 2002
    Hello? PatttyB0123?

3. diamond_pony2002

Nov 6, 2002
    Nobody likes it. :_(

4. PatttyB0123

PatttyB0123 Former RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 2, 2003
    diamond I am sorry I just here from work. I had a bad computer software problem in work.
    I saw you in the Before the Saga.
    I will be reading your story in a couple minutes.
    I just got here.

5. PatttyB0123

Apr 2, 2003
    Are you trying to kill me? diamond.

:_|

I am just kidding. [face_devil]
    This so sad story but with a happy ending.

Hum [face_shocked] Anakin was only 20 and when he was a teen 14. NO he still a teen.

:_|

Good that Obi-Wan save him on time. [face_love]

Hey, no more pills in Anakin's room..

;)

Great post. sweet sad Oh my!

6. kristeh

kristeh Jedi Youngling star 3

May 24, 2003
    That was so beautiful and touching. I loved it. And I'm so glad Obi-Wan got there in time and reacted just the way he needed to.

Any chance you might consider expanding this into a longer story?

Kristeh

7. diamond_pony2002

Nov 6, 2002
    Thanx y'all! And I could expand this, but I don't have any ideas for it! Darn it! I could make it a round robin!!

8. Hananiah

Hananiah Jedi Master star 4

Jan 15, 2003
    I love this. There are few stories with ANakin and Obi Wan actually getting along and I think this was done so well
    I like the round robin idea.

9. diamond_pony2002

Nov 6, 2002
    Thanx Hananiah!!!!!! I have absolutely no more ideas and I'm sure if other people started posting to this, I could get some!

10. diamond_pony2002

Nov 6, 2002
    Is anybody gonna add anything?

11. PatttyB0123

Apr 2, 2003
    Hum what about Anakin got a pet, and Obi-Wan teach Anakin about how to deal with animals. One day the pet died and Obi-Wan helps Anakin with the funeral.

12. diamond_pony2002

Nov 6, 2002
    That's a great idea, PatttyB0123!!!!!!!!!

13. diamond_pony2002

Nov 6, 2002
    Okay y'all, here's the challenge.

Challenge: What if Obi-Wan was with Anakin when his mother died? It has to be the same setting as Ep. II, but not the same timeperiod. And it has to have Ani angst with Obi comforting him/violence/drama.

WE CAN START TODAY!!!!!!!!!

14. PatttyB0123

Apr 2, 2003
    Cool idea diamond. You are good and those kind of things. I just want let you know that somebody else wrote a story like that in the classic Star Wars board. I know that can you do a better job.

Hum is the challenge for us? Oops! I am confused. [face_blush]

15. diamond_pony2002

Nov 6, 2002
    Yeah that's the challenge. If you read Entanglement then that's probably where you got it. I wrote it. :)

16. PatttyB0123

Apr 2, 2003
    Hum I will be trying this weekend.

17. diamond_pony2002

Nov 6, 2002
    Guess nobody cares..........................

18. PatttyB0123

Apr 2, 2003
    I am sorry diamond. I do not know the rest, but for me I cannot make a new story.
    I am little tired from college.

I am sorry.

19. diamond_pony2002

Nov 6, 2002
    Well, you get ur rest! Don't worry about this! I'm more concerned about ur health than a dumb little story of mine!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.