main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Memph, TN I Don't Even Know Where To Start...

Discussion in 'SouthEast Regional Discussion' started by Mistoffelees, Apr 22, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mistoffelees

Mistoffelees Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 12, 2005
    presently i type this message sitting in front of my computer as the saddest jedi ever.

although i'm new here i've been planning and looking forward to c3 for the past month or so. it has honestly been one of the only things that has kept me going while life has screwed me over in some way or another. philip (blackdogotaku) and i have been putting together our costumes and building our lightsabers and preparing for the ultimate convention during almost all of our spare time and even some of the time that shouldn't be spare. we knew were going to miss the first couple of days of c3 due to school and our prom, but we were more than happy to settle for saturday and most of sunday.

we were walking to the car from prom when we found out the crushing news: our flights were canceled and there was no rescheduling them. about 2 hours later after dealing with parents and airlines we figured out that i had absolutely no chance of going to indianapolis and philip and his girlfriend had almost an equally bleak chance. driving was out of the question since we're all under 18 (though only a couple of months to go.) flying would cost $1000+ per person, which, needless to say, is an absurd price and a definite "no." if i were in any other mood i would make a comment about an x-wing, but i don't even want to laugh right now.

i am sitting here in my full jedi attire; i am the saddest jedi.

i know philip will have more to add to this when he's in front of his computer, but for now... everyone at c3, please enjoy it twice as much as you were planning - for the 3 of us that could, then couldn't make it.

nevermind about philip. they got to go. ...lucky them.

2. Timewalker

Timewalker Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 27, 2004
    Bummer dude.

We feel your pain.

-Joe

3. blackdogotaku

blackdogotaku Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 14, 2004
    elliott! i want you to kno that we love you and our flight was the saddest one ever. dont worry tho, we got ur tix and are bringing back loads of goodies. we are so sorry you did not make it and the celebration just isnt like what we planned without you.
    cya at skool
    love,
    philip and chrissy

4. Obi_J_Kenobi

Obi_J_Kenobi Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 15, 2002
    Sorry you couldn't go.....If it makes you feel any better, I got to meet your friends and they looked like they were having fun. I'm sure they picked up alot of cool "Con-Exclusives" for you. Tomorrow it's back to work for most of us. Hope you can make it to the Opening Night of "Revenge of the Sith"

"J"

5. DarthMule

DarthMule Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 6, 2003
    And this was the reason Anakin switched to the Dark Side!! (And you thought it was all explained in the movies).

Sorry about that, man. Sounds like the suckiest thing ever, dude.

6. Dork-Vader

Dork-Vader Star Wars Sketch Card Artist star 4 VIP

May 14, 2003
    Maybe you can make up for some of it at opening night, the SMT Summer Drive-Ins, or TIMMYCON!2- ok, maybe not...but they are at least something to look forward to!

7. IrishThunder

IrishThunder Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 5, 2001
    well at least there was talk of there being a celebration 4, maybe then you'll be able to make it on your own. sorry bout the bad luck. at least you didn't have to stand in line for 8 hours a day.

8. BlueLoriSaber

BlueLoriSaber Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 29, 2004
    That sucks, buddy.

Who stood in line for 8 hours. I think the longest I stood in line was 5 and that was for Lucas. And I was not wearing my Leia costume then.

9. IrishThunder

IrishThunder Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 5, 2001
    the longest i think i waited in line was for the opening ceremony. just was lucky enough to sit down at the end of a very short line and decided to stay for 5 hours and hold everybody's place. only did 3 hours in the c3 store line, wasn't as bad as most people had it. didn't bother with lucas, i knew it would be horrible.

10. Dork-Vader

Dork-Vader Star Wars Sketch Card Artist star 4 VIP

May 14, 2003
    So was there any good people watching to do while in line at least?

11. otisdodge

otisdodge Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 21, 2004
    A friend of mine from Yodasnews spent three hours in line outside waiting to get in and then 8 hours in line waiting for the store. He didn't do anything else that day. I don't remember if it was Thursday or Friday.

12. kellilla

kellilla Jedi Master star 2

Sep 4, 2002
    That sucks so bad, man :( God, I'd just be heartbroken!!

I'm allergic to lines. The only one I stood in this weekend for any significant amount of time was the line to get into the con center friday morning... about an hour, and both dad and I were in our costume contest costumes, and in the pouring rain. We at least had umbrellas, but Ash didn't, and she was soaked by the time we got to the door :\
    Got to see Lucas without waiting in line, didn't wait long in the store on Sunday, either. If there was a line, we basically said forget it! Let's go to the mall and have lunch, haha.

13. BlueLoriSaber

BlueLoriSaber Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 29, 2004
    Lucas I think was worth the wait. I found other ways to get around lines while I was there, if I really wanted to go to something. Lucky for me I had my costume most of the time. That helped with the lines.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.