main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Hi I (don't) have a bad feeling about this.

Discussion in 'Welcome New Users' started by Imperial Flunkey, Dec 18, 2016.

1. Imperial Flunkey

Imperial Flunkey Jedi Youngling

Dec 17, 2016
    Hi. I've been a Star Wars fan (and a fan of sci-fi in general) for almost as long as I can remember, with a massive bias towards the original trilogy (ESB/ANH/ROTJ in that order, to be precise), but I have a fondness for some of the EU as well. I still sometimes get out Dark Empire or one of the old reference guides or suchlike for a bit of EU nostalgia.

So if I've liked Star Wars for so long, why I have I left it till now to sign up? I think it's because I just saw Rogue One twice this weekend, and though I saw the prequels back in the day and I greatly enjoyed TFA, Rogue One was the first time since childhood that I've had that same level of excitement and immersion from a Star Wars film. It really did remind me of being a kid again. So naturally the first thing I decided to do was seek out as many people to talk about Star Wars with as possible.

And as you can tell from my username, I always thought the Empire had the coolest gear. Its OK. I know who the good guys are, but on the other hand, they don't have the Star Destroyers or AT-ATs...

2. QueenSabe7

QueenSabe7 Chosen One star 6

Mar 23, 2001
    Welcome to the boards, Imperial Flunkey! You will definitely find more than a few of us willing to talk about all things SW. :cool:

I agree 110% with your comments on Rogue One. It was amazing!

Lady Belligerent likes this.
  3. Lady_Belligerent

Lady_Belligerent Queen of the RPF, SWC, C&P, and Pancakes & Waffles star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 29, 2008
    Welcome to the boards! :) Let us know if we can help you find your way around.

4. Bazinga'd

Bazinga'd Saga / WNU Manager - Knights of LAJ star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 1, 2012
    Welcome aboard. You have joined at a pretty exciting time for Star Wars.

5. jedimika

jedimika FanForce Chapter Rep star 4

Apr 2, 2008
    Welcome, glad you decided to join us.

6. Halle Dray

Halle Dray Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 6, 2016
    Welcome!