main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

I don't have much to say about ROTS and SW right now

Discussion in 'Archive: Revenge of the Sith (Non-Spoilers)' started by Garth Maul, May 29, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. arrowheadpodracer

arrowheadpodracer Jedi Master star 5

Apr 9, 2002
    I dont have much to say anymore. I had a few things immediately after I saw the movie, but not so much anymore.
    Some things are still fun to discuss sometimes, but the high is definitely over.
    I am a bit depressed that the movies are done, but I had thought a lot about this before RotS came out so its not much of a shock. Its actually kinda nice.
    Its been an incredible ride.

2. bswb

bswb Jedi Master star 1

Dec 2, 2000
    I hope we can have a secret meeting place away from the negativity of 3SA. That place is just as bad as the IMDB boards.

What I've really liked about 3NS is that discussions can be had without name calling and arguing. If there is arguing, it's usually done with pretty good support points. In other words, it's a discussion forum - not a yelling forum. To find that among any board, let alone Star Wars board, is great, and I hope we can continue in some form to discuss the DVD, EU, tv shows, games, etc.

3. kingthlayer

kingthlayer Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 7, 2003
    I've heard little tidbits of a "Rebel Alliance" forming, so that sounds good to me.

A shame to see it come to such a quiet death. I'd hoped for a fiesty and fierce battle to remain free and independant, but things are mighty quiet...

Hah, there was a thread in Comms a few weeks ago.

4. stormcloud8

stormcloud8 Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 24, 2002
    "It's time for you to go, Non-Spoiler Forum."

"And so it is."

5. Obi-Wan's Apparition

Obi-Wan's Apparition Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jan 10, 2000
    I've heard little tidbits of a "Rebel Alliance" forming, so that sounds good to me.

Yay! 3SA is crazy. I've only had the stomach to post in there a few times.

6. stormcloud8

May 24, 2002
    It's not that bad. Just hold your nose and jump in feet first. There are a few sharks, but after a bit you'll be treading water with the best of them.

7. Garth Maul

Garth Maul Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 18, 2002
    yeah, but sometimes I'm tired, and I don't feel like treading water.[face_pig]

8. darthpigskin

darthpigskin Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 17, 2001
    Man, 3NS has been home. It has been like family... those who love the whole SW experience dwell here. And we all recognize that seeing the movie for the first time (without knowing the whole story) is likened to breathing for the first time!

There's a totally different air in here. It's fresh air. Breathable air that doesn't reek with anger, hate and suffering. We all know what that path leads to.

Please, oh please can we find a way to keep 3NS alive?

Hmmm. Rumblings of a Rebellion? How about 3NS.net?

9. Darth_Surgent

Darth_Surgent Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 14, 2004
    We could always make a secret base in the 3SA's "Official costume/hairdo thread" or something else which no one ever pays attention to. :p

10. hew

hew Jedi Master star 4

May 8, 1999
    "It's not that bad. Just hold your nose and jump in feet first. There are a few sharks, but after a bit you'll be treading water with the best of them."

You could hold your nose and jump into a cesspool and eventually you'd get used to it, but the fact is you're still swimming in ****. :p

11. CoolHanLuke

CoolHanLuke Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 19, 2004
    We could always make a secret base in the 3SA's "Official costume/hairdo thread" or something else which no one ever pays attention to. [face_laugh]

I can't say that I'm bored with SW, yet. This is really the only movie I wanted to see all year. Whenever I feel a lull, I usually post in this forum, find out some more info on Episode III (and SW in general), then go see the movie again.

One thing that's kept my energy up for the saga is to see the movie again, but watch it from one character's point of view, and so on. It really changes the look of the film when you try it!

12. GRAND_MOFF_KEVIN

GRAND_MOFF_KEVIN Jedi Master star 5

Jul 4, 2004
    I've only seen it once and I don't plan on seeing it again until DVD or I get the book. I don't want to get burnt out and don't worry, once we merge I or someone else here will start the offcial 3NSers thread to try to keep the family intact even though many of you )Typho until fall for example) will be leaving soon :(

13. origjedi

origjedi Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 27, 2001
    Yeah, the 3SA is weird. They have people lurking on threads saying"isn't this locked yet?" if they don't like the topic. I hadn't seen someone type something silly like that in a long time.

One thing I did the second time I saw it was try to remember which scene of a particular SW movie certain parts of the soundtrack came from. For example, there was OT soundtrack soundbytes and I would try not only to guess which movie it was from but also which scene. It made the movie a little bit more fun. I didn't really pay attention to the music the first time I saw it, I was in such awe and anticipation.

14. DamonD

DamonD Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 22, 2002
    I'd bet if Lucas created the greatest movie of all time, people would still say he could have done better.

He did, and they did ;)

I've not posted much here because I've been posting on 3SA...mainly because I'm busy with the Box Office Thread.

I think things just cool down a bit now. After the build-up and the flurry of posting, people now have to calm down and come back to this place with thoughts when they're ready.

15. Ben_Skywalker

Ben_Skywalker Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 20, 2001
    well, everyone who posted before me pretty much stated what I feel now. but i think this is a different feeling from the one felt after ROTJ. The end of ROTS marks the final end. Back then, Episodes 7 to 9 were still on the horizon and Episodes 1 to 3 were expected in the future. Now its just... over :_|

anyways, a Rebel Alliance? What is that? Some sort of an offshoot message board? I'd definately join that. 3SA is just too much. Complaining and bashing everywhere, there is. People here are much more mature and intelligent IMO :)

16. DamonD

DamonD Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 22, 2002
    I really don't have that over feeling with this.
    No more movies? Sure. But that doesn't mean SW is over. I never felt ROTS was the end of anything for me.

17. Wally44

Wally44 Jedi Master star 2

Mar 10, 2005
    We could always make a secret base in the 3SA's "Official costume/hairdo thread" or something else which no one ever pays attention to.

I like this idea! :)

I've seen ROTS 4 times already and I am burned out on it as well. I'll wait a couple weeks before seeing it again. I still am thinking about how great it is almost every day though. :)

18. Obi Anne

Obi Anne Celebration Mistress of Ceremonies star 8 Staff Member Manager

Nov 4, 1998
    For me it's simply the fact that I would like to say so much, but I'm too lazy to type it. ;) It was easier when you just had some very little info and then throw out a couple of sentences of speculation. Now I find it much preferable to actually talk with people in RL about the film.

19. Darth_Zoo

Darth_Zoo Jedi Master star 4

Jul 15, 2002
    Much of the fun about these Star Wars movies have been speculating on the future movies! Who does what, when does this happen, is it going to get better or worse...

I also find myself with little to say now that it's all over.

20. stormcloud8

May 24, 2002
    Who says no more movies? I'd be willing to bet money there are more Star Wars movies in my lifetime. There is too much money to be had, too many rabid fans wanting another taste. I don't think George Lucas will ever write/produce/direct another one himself, but he might do an executive producer/story concept kind of thing some day.

If he was so excited to do 'avant garde' film work he would have done it from 1983-1995. I don't believe him for a second. He just wants everyone to leave him alone for a couple of years. They'll do some EU stuff for a bit, let Star Wars fade a little out of the public eye, then announce a single movie being directed by Spielberg or something. I imagine that Spielberg is chomping at the bit to do something in the Star Wars world. I'm sure he'll drop hints to George from time to time.

21. happydudethe3rd

happydudethe3rd Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 27, 2005
    Hola friends.

Wherefore art the 'tidbits about the Rebel Alliance' forming found? Include me, please. Just saw the movie again. Ah, good times. You know, I've said before that the dvd is keeping me buzzing pretty strong, but I suspect that once the prospect of the tv show is a little nearer the horizon we'll all not know what to do with ourselves. GL said that he was going to direct the pilot, right? Don't know if there are any David Lynch fans on here, but (see Twin Peaks) sometimes tv, constrictive a medium as it is, inspires a director,s best work. Although, I think Sith fits that bill for Lucas.

22. silvermark

silvermark Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 3, 2001
    IMO, Star Wars without Lucas is plain wrong. It's over, and it's sad, but it must be this way.

I too have hit post-ROTS depression. It really does hurt. But I remind myself that the ultimate 6 DVD boxset is on it's way, probably in 2007. And that's like waiting for another Star Wars :)

23. stormcloud8

May 24, 2002
    How is it without Lucas? You know he'll still keep tabs on it, even if from a distance. If he's going to direct the pilot then you know he cares.

I loved the Clone Wars cartoons. I'd be quite happy if they TV and new cartoon were as good as that.

24. stinrab

stinrab Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 9, 1998
    Ugh, no new films please. The saga is great the way it is.

25. leelee

leelee Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 4, 2003
    I couldn't agree more stinrab!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.