main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

I don't have much to say about ROTS and SW right now

Discussion in 'Archive: Revenge of the Sith (Non-Spoilers)' started by Garth Maul, May 29, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. marajadebean

marajadebean Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 11, 2005
    I don't ever think I can ever stop talking or thinking about Star Wars in some way. My reason for not having much to say as I did before: work. :D I do rather miss the build up in here.

I don't think I will be able to see ROTS again until my birthday as it stands right now. Sadly, I just don't have the time to sit and really ponder everything. I think when the DVD comes out, talk will pick up speed again, when we all can really watch this movie deeply. Not that we can't yet but I do find it much harder to do in a theater than at home.

2. happydudethe3rd

happydudethe3rd Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 27, 2005
    Yeah, I do agree- of course nothing compares to the movies which are the real deal. In fact, you might say that any post-film stuff (or in my opinion, E.U. for that matter- sorry) was a little like Beatles solo albums- okay, but missing key parts. But at the same time- I really like the idea of the whole enterprise turning into a mythology with all kinds of different voices giving their take on it and spanning different forms of media. I might not bend over backwards to see each one, but it's comforting knowing they're there. It's the same kind of ideology Tolkien had in mind where the original statement was the definitive one, but certainly all the other interpretations are worthwhile in that they are trying to represent different mediums for telling a good story.

3. BauconBatista

BauconBatista Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 24, 2004
    Actually, I'm the exact same way--this explains why I've basically disappeared for a while after ROTS came out.

I don't feel sad or empty or anything... but now that the saga is complete, it's like my senses automatically decided to move on. It's like I've done what all the movies tout: I've let go--but in a good way ;)

Rest assured, I won't let go of my passion for the saga, and I definitely won't let go of this board up until it's very demise on the 19th.

4. TurnedJedi

TurnedJedi Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 7, 2002
    For me, it's like I feel that I have a lot of things to say, but I feel I don't know enough to bring those things up. I've only seen the film once, on opening night, so my memory is getting a bit blurred. I'm going to see it again soon, I hope, and maybe then I can join the discussions more.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.