main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

I don't know if any of you will have the slightest idea but...

Discussion in 'United Kingdom' started by lukesgirlie, Oct 15, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lukesgirlie

lukesgirlie Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 30, 2005

I'm trying to find a duet, from any musical, between a young man (pref. tenor) and woman (pref. mezo, but alto and soprano possible) who are declaring their love for one another.
    He is a 1930s English army officer in his mid-twenties, she is 17 and possibly foreign. They both want to marry, but there are inpediments and what not.

Any suggestions are greatly appreciated as the script needs to be finalised this week. [face_worried]

2. JONJEDI

JONJEDI Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 11, 2002
    I have absolutely no idea what that means. :confused:

3. halibut

halibut Ex-Mod star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 27, 2000
    Wagner did loads of them, but I'm not a big fan of his.

What about "Con te partiro" or "Time to say goodbye" to give it the English title. You'll know this if you hear it. Andreas Bocelli and Sarah Brightman sang it. A beautiful track

4. halibut

Aug 27, 2000
    Or if you're going for musicals, the ideal one is "Last night of the world" from Miss Saigon. A solider and a foreign woman sing it!

EDIT: I have the backings and originals for these and a lot more, so let me know if I can help out. I'm a big opera/musical/karaoke fan LOL

5. Baza

Baza Jedi Padawan star 4

May 24, 2005
    What about 'The Point of No Return' from the Phantom of the Opera? That could be a bit dark though.

And I'm sure there's a song in Les Miserable with those two characters singing about their love.

6. halibut

Aug 27, 2000
    Point of no return is a great song, but probably not what they're after LOL!

The Les Mis main love duet is "A heart full of love", but there's also "A little fall of rain", but that's sung when Cosette dies, so again not really the sort of thing.

But if you want, I have the backings and originals of those as well :)

Just listening to "A Heart Full of love", and the lyrics aren't right. Stuff like "I don't even know your name", and they introduce themselves to each other (Marius and Cosette)

7. lukesgirlie

Jan 30, 2005
    It does really need to be from a musical...

Possibly...but this is a subplot, so it might be a bit too powerful.

Me too [face_dancing]
    Most of the backing I have is for performances I've done in the past though, and I cant find anything in that that I'm happy with, so I may, indeed, have to call on your services. So thank you!

8. halibut

Aug 27, 2000
    West Side Story - Somewhere
    Little Shop of Horrors - Suddenly Seymour :p

9. lukesgirlie

Jan 30, 2005
    Actually... [face_thinking] Suddenly Seymore (with fiddled lyrics of course) may work...

10. lukesgirlie

Jan 30, 2005
    Another thought just hit me...does anyone have the sheet music for it too?

11. Tay-Mar

Tay-Mar Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 4, 2005

Oh you said SHEET music, sorry my bad ! :oops:

12. lukesgirlie

Jan 30, 2005
    :rolleyes:

BTW looking back at Les Mis, I found a longer version of In My Life which I've never heard, but went through with my piano and actually is another possibility. Also First Man You Remember (Aspects of Love) works, even though in AoL its in completely the wrong context :p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.