main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

i dont know what i should say in the title...

Discussion in 'Archive: Sweden' started by Somebody_For_Someone, Dec 28, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Somebody_For_Someone

Somebody_For_Someone Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 27, 2001
    please help out, in any way, not just those affected by the tsunamis, but help whoever you can, and also get whoever you can to help!

2. Mara

Mara Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 7, 1999
    I was watching the news and heard that Sweden tourists were the ones most affected among the european tourists caught in the middle of the tsunami.

Just dropping a line saying I hope all is ok with you and your loved ones. :)

3. Darth_Shadash

Darth_Shadash Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 25, 2004
    Actually my uncle is in Vietnam... he's married there....... hope he's alright because he hasn't been heard of a long time now.

4. Erbos

Erbos Jedi Grand Master star 3

May 13, 2002
    Luckily everyone I know that is in the area is alright. But I still feel for the ones that aren't.

5. Enji

Enji Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 14, 2002
    I don't know of anyone personally down there, but my stepmom has got friends down there who they can't find... :( And my big brother was supposed to be in Thailand, but he and his girlfriend decided to spend their money on their kitchen instead.

6. Darth_Shadash

Dec 25, 2004
    Now scientists can say whatever they want about how they have foreseen disasters like... if they did, they would probably have made some arrangements to protect the civilians...

7. Enji

Enji Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 14, 2002
    Actually, from what I heard, the experts knew about the earthquake and stuff, but had no means of warning people... it wasn't like they didn't WANT to. There just wasn't any system for them to warn. :(

8. Darth_Shadash

Dec 25, 2004
    Although..... they could'ave sent SOME information to the local Newspapers... i mean.... stuff like this is toooooo serious for some whitedressed guy to keep his mouth shut for :p

9. DARTHLARS

DARTHLARS Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 12, 2002
    According to my newspaper, experts in Thailand did know about the earthquake an hour before the tsunami hit Phuket, but 1) they estimated the strength to be 1000 times weaker, and 2) they did not want to emit a false alarm in case they were right, although they knew there was a margin for error in their estimates.

10. Erbos

Erbos Jedi Grand Master star 3

May 13, 2002
    I heard that there had been earthquakes before that had about the same magnitude and there were no waves from that quake.

11. DARTHLARS

DARTHLARS Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 12, 2002
    A previous earthquake at the magnitude they believed the new one to be, yes. That did not produce a Tsunami that hit Thailand.

Swedish:
    För de svenskar som vill skänka pengar, så finns
    DN's förteckning över hjälporganisationer med postgironummer och länkar till var och en.

12. Jedi_Emilie

Jedi_Emilie Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 19, 2004
    I don't know anyone who's there, butit's horrible enough as it is. Can't imagine what it's like with all that uncertainty.

Tackar för postgironummer och länkar.

13. Darth_Shadash

Dec 25, 2004
    150 000+ Deathcases........now this is >BAAAD<

14. Vargman77

Vargman77 Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 18, 2002
    it is way beyond >BAAAAD< Shadash

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.