main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga I don't know why I stay (Khaleen introspection after republic 63)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Hananiah, Jan 7, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hananiah

Hananiah Jedi Master star 4

Jan 15, 2003
    Title: I don?t know why I stay

Summery: A little Khaleen introspection soon after ?striking in the shadows?

Warnings: Just that this was written in ten minutes so it is not so good.

Disclaimer: These characters don?t belong to me but to Jan Duursema and John Ostrander and belong to the George Lucas universe of star wars I am just playing.

She was still shaking. Khaleen Hentz stared down into her trembling fingers as if they did not belong to her. She had never seen Quinlan like that?ever. He had scared her.

Taking a deep soothing breath, she stood, going back to the makeshift bedroom. She stared at the bed for a long time and wondered not for the first time what she was doing, why was she staying?

She was a glutton for punishment, and she most definitely could not take a hint. Moreover, hadn?t Quinlan just given her a perfect out? He obviously didn?t need her or want her for that matter

He was obsessed with his mission. So where did that leave her?

Absolutely no where.

She should have learned by now, hadn?t she been taught this lesson over and over again? Hadn?t she been hurt enough? So why was she doing it again?

Because you love him, the voice inside her head mocked.

Khaleen sat, setting her elbows on her knees and placing her head in her hands, she could feel her arms shake under her as she suppressed angry tears.

Nevertheless, as she looked up, staring blindly through the window the thought still crossed her mind

When Quinlan crashed would he bring her down with him.

And would she let him.

For a long time she stared at the backpack that held the meagre and laughable scraps of what she owned. Slowly she pushed at it with her stocking feet so it stood in front of her. Mocking her with its promise of freedom.

If she left now she would be alone, that would be no different her whole life she had been alone. She could not leave Quinlan alone; she knew Tholme was counting on her to relay information to him. While Khaleen was more then willing to tell Tholme where he could stick his job, she understood that Quinlan needed someone he could rely on.

Why did it have to be her? Why did she have to deal with his mood swings, with his violent dreams?.and the knowledge that he didn?t love her?

Because there was no one else.

If she left now, Quinlan would be alone, just as she had been. She knew how scary it was. How it could bring you down.

She didn?t deserve this.

She stared at the bag harder, the tears gone. Her green eyes taking in the bag again.

This time she didn?t shove it back under the bed as she had before, but she didn?t pick it up.

She didn't know why she stayed.

This time there was no answer.

2. Webogirl

Webogirl Jedi Master star 2

Jul 12, 2004
    I think this an intersting way to present the question of why someone would stay in such a situatation. We know that people do...short, but well done! I liked it!

3. Hananiah

Jan 15, 2003
    Thanks webogrirl (did I get that right?) One of my main grievences about Khaleen is how she allows Quin to treat her. However I can understand that she loves him. It's kind of mirrors how padme must feel in episode 3. Thanks for your review I really appreiate it. :)

4. Hananiah

Jan 15, 2003

The scrape of the bag across the floor irritated Khaleen with its movement. Annoyed she yanked the bag off the floor, testing the weight; she stared at her fingers curled into the shoulder strap. Instead of the painted nails, she usually sported Her nails were clean and she could see the perfect, clear nails for the first time in years.

Her make-up was her armour and she rarely showed her true face, not even to Quin-especaily not to Quin.

She closed her eyes for a moment; she had relied on someone for her whole life and had been let down. She would not do that anymore. The only person she could trust was herself.

Resolute Khaleen stood; Quinlan wouldn?t be back, not for a while. She had time. She stood, not allowing herself to look back. She had never felt worse then she did at this moment, this heartsick.

Coruscant would be safe for her. Quinlan was seen as a rogue Jedi; he would not step on Coruscant unless it was necessary. Whatever Dooku wanted him to do would pull him to the outer rim. Coruscant was her home, where she had grown up, some of her best memories were in coruscant and her worst nightmares. She would brave that.

She paused in a moment of indecision, her hand straying to the data pad that had fallen to the floor. Her fingers trembled as she contemplated writing a note. But what could she say?

More importantly Quinlan was a kiffer Jedi, he would read her intention when he touched the data pad, she turned away quickly.

The door slammed shut with authority.

Khaleen had enough presence of mind not to look back.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.