main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends **I Don't Love You Much, Do I?** Song fic J/H not what you think...

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Arwen_Djo, Aug 28, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Arwen_Djo

Arwen_Djo Jedi Master star 3

Jul 3, 2006
    Title: I Don't Love you much do I?
    Author: Arwen_Djo
    Timeframe: Post NJO and DN.
    Characters: Jaina and Han with a dash of the whole crew.
    Genre: Angst?
    Disclaimer: SW is all Almighty George's and the Song belongs to Guy Clark.
    Summary: Jaina tells Han how much he means to her.
    Notes: My first song fic. I would love any kind of feed back!!![face_alien_1]

Jaina stared out of her cockpit window into the dark void of space. The far off stars and planets never ceased to amaze her. And now, more then ever before, she had time to sit and gaze without having to worry about dodging lazerfire or sitting in evac wondering if she's ever make it home.

Home.

Home is truly where the heart is. Though at times it seemed as if she lived in her x-wing, home was her family, wherever in the galaxy they may be. Today, a piece of home died. Gone forever.

"Jaya, you ready?" Jacen asked softly over the comm. She turned her head to see her twin in a borrowed x-wing of his own, flying port side to her. Reaching out to her newly reconnected twin bond, she comforted her twin as he did the same for her. She also felt, though not as strongly, the presents of her Mother, her Aunt and Uncle, her cousin, Ben, her sister-in-law Tenel Ka's and Tenel Ka's daughter, Allana. The Former Chief of State was with the Skywalkers in the Jade Shadow waiting for everyone to give the go ahead.

Taking a beep breath, she answered on the open comm, "Yeah." She stopped to regain control of her voice once more, "Yeah... let's do this."

She watched as the airlock in the Jade Shadow opened. Slowly, odd pieces of scorched grey metal floated out in to the vacuum. Jaina felt utterly sick to her stomach as she tried to identify each item. She knew it would be hard; but not this sickening. The antenna dish from the Falcon spun as it picked up speed. Eventually, it would collide into an asteroid and become part of Alderaan's graveyard. It was almost ironic, really. In the will, he had requested this. A tear ran it's course down her face as she watched the remains drift off. It seemed as if the entire galaxy was reverently watching the the end of it's beloved hero of the Rebellion and the New Republic. Yet, somehow, even with her family surrounding her, she felt alone.

The cold silence was interrupted by another voice, this one belonged to her Aunt. "Jaina, we're heading out. I'm relaying coordinates now."

"Thanks Aunt Mara. You all go ahead and make the jump, I'll be a while."

After the ships disappeared, she set her x-wing into neutral outside the asteroid field. Still keeping an eye on the closer chunks of wreckage, she valiantly tryed to wipe the tears away before beginning.

"Daddy." She sobbed and tears came back stronger then before, "Daddy..." Jaina stopped, not sure what to say to the man she loved so much...

"I don't love you much do I? Just more than the human tongue can tell and that's all"

"I... I owe who I am to you. You were always there in a way mom could never be. You helped me become the pilot and Jedi I am. It seems like all our lives revolved around war. But I know you went out like you wanted: like a good pilot... a great pilot should. With his boots on."

"I don't love you much do I? Remember how I kissed you in the hall?
    See how it sparkles in my eyes I couldn't hide it if I tried-that's right.
    I don?t love you much do I? Just more than anything else in this whole world."

"Daddy, do you remember when Jasa and I were 7? Mom was working late and you had to make dinner because she had taken 3PO with her - that was your request, actually, so it's your fault you had to make dinner. Yeah, that was the time were forewent dinner all together and had Puffmallows and Creamed Ice instead. Jacen was so hyper, he started levitating stuff by mistake. Now that, that was Uncle Luke's fault. He had shown Jacen to do that a couple days before. And that one vase, the really tall one that Ithorian Senator gave mom for her

2. magehound

magehound Jedi Master star 4

Jun 4, 2006
    :_| :_| :_|
    this was so poignant and sad! omg, tears are streaking down my face even now.
    I loved how you wrote this, Arwen! It makes sense that she would actually reminisce like that.

"As much as I loved the stars, I could berely wait until you got out of your chair so I could climb in it. It would be warm and it would smell like you. Like oil and grease and sweat. It smelled safe.

"Once, I asked mom where the moon came from. She got this faraway look in her eyes and said that you put it there just for her. Well, now I know better. You hung the moon just for me too. And if you didn't, that's okay, because I know you would have if you could and that's all that matters."
    [face_love] :_| :_|

3. Arwen_Djo

Jul 3, 2006
    Thanks Mage! I felt kinda depressed today. I actually cried while writing this, believe it or not.

4. Darkwriter

Darkwriter Jedi Master star 4

Jan 28, 2006
    Aww . . . so sweet. Jaina and Han. I loved it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

5. magehound

Jun 4, 2006
    that's the true mark of a sad piece written from the heart! If it makes you cry while writing it, then you've put your all into it. Beacuase you're actualy feeling the emotions. I cry when I write my sad songfics.

6. SilSolo

SilSolo Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 5, 2004
    Nice insight into Jaina there. She really lived up to the Solo name and I like how you had the Falcon crash into the remains of Leia's homeworld, though I was surprised that Han did not pass the ship onto either Jacen or Jaina. So Jaina doesn't believe that Allana's her niece?

7. magehound

Jun 4, 2006
    Sil, I don't think there was anything of the Falcon left to pass on. Han must have died when something happened to it. that may even be what those chunks of metal are.

8. Arwen_Djo

Jul 3, 2006
    Darkwriter
    Aww . . . so sweet. Jaina and Han. I loved it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[:D] I'm glad you liked it![:D]

Magehound
    that's the true mark of a sad piece written from the heart! If it makes you cry while writing it, then you've put your all into it. Beacuase you're actualy feeling the emotions. I cry when I write my sad songfics.

I'm glad to know I'm not alone when it comes to getting emotional when writing something.:( :_| @};-

SilSolo
    Nice insight into Jaina there. She really lived up to the Solo name and I like how you had the Falcon crash into the remains of Leia's homeworld, though I was surprised that Han did not pass the ship onto either Jacen or Jaina. So Jaina doesn't believe that Allana's her niece?

Hey Master! [face_dancing] Mage is close. My thought while wrighting this was that the Falcon was distroyed in battle. The only remains left of him or the Falcon were the peices of rubble they found afterwards. Sorry if I didn't make this clear. [face_frustrated]
    I didn't relise that I said Tenel Ka's daughter instead of Jaina's neice. [face_thinking] I guess just for the sake of the story and considering they're Jedi, Jaina knows.

9. Jedi-Jade

Jedi-Jade Jedi Master star 4

Nov 21, 1999
    So sad, but good! :)

10. Star_Angel

Star_Angel Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 18, 2006
    :_| :_| :_| :_|

Oh.

This was so sad, yet so beautiful. Amazing job Arwen =D= =D= =D=.

11. Arwen_Djo

Jul 3, 2006
    Jedi-Jade
    So sad, but good!

I'm glad you liked it. I hate it when someone dies but in stories, it's so much fun sometimes...[face_devil]

Star_Angel
    Oh.

This was so sad, yet so beautiful. Amazing job Arwen
    =D= =D= =D=

*bows humbly* [face_blush]

12. Arwen_Djo

Jul 3, 2006
    This is a quick up but mainly I just wanted to thanks to everybody!!!!@};-

13. Healer_Leona

Healer_Leona Squirrel Wrangler of Fun & Games star 9 Staff Member Manager

Jul 7, 2000
    That was so very sad.. and very beautifully done.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.