main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

I don't mean to start drama, but....

Discussion in 'Communications' started by Saint_of_Killers, Nov 12, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Saint_of_Killers

Saint_of_Killers Jedi Youngling star 5

Feb 18, 2001
    Is there any truth to the rumours of the mods getting AOTC dvds for free from TFN? I heard that they buy the DVD, then send in the receit and get reimbursed? ?[face_plain]

I dunno, I was just getting ready to troll at the OS forums, and saw something about this.

2. eclipseSD

eclipseSD Jedi Knight star 5

May 11, 2002
  3. DarthSapient

DarthSapient Jedi Youngling star 10

Jun 26, 2001
    Where did you hear this rumor? :confused:

4. EddieHaskel

EddieHaskel Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 25, 2002
    I saw something about this in that hate towards TFN thread over on the Official Boards. I don't see what the big deal is if they do. Of course, I was happy for the guys of N'Sync that they were able to cash in their fanboy cards and get an background character spot, if only temporarily, in AOTC...but that's me.

Edit: corrected description of thread

5. Saint_of_Killers

Feb 18, 2001
    I don't remember exaclty which thread, I don't really pay much attention to things over there. This just caught my eye, I'll try to find the link.

6. DarthSapient

Jun 26, 2001
    Is it a link at the official site or someone telling you these things off-board?

7. Darth_AYBABTU

Darth_AYBABTU Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 8, 2001

Who cares? What does it matter? How does it affect this message board? Who cares? How are the members impacted by this? Why would it be a bad thing if they did? Who cares?

Who cares?

And another thing... think about this for a second. Why would that possibly be? If TFN had been comped some DVDs, how would they benefit by giving cash back to the mods? Wouldn't they just send them the DVD? Please consider this for a moment and you will see that it simply doesn't make sense. And so what if it did?

Who cares?

If true, then it's a non-issue. If it is not, then it's a non-issue.

AYBABTU?

8. EddieHaskel

EddieHaskel Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 25, 2002
  9. DarthSapient

Jun 26, 2001
    Here's something you might find interesting, apparently the mods at the JC get the DVD for free from Josh.

This comes from a mod friend of mine, btw.

This is the quote. I'd like to know, in general, which of our mod friends feels so inclined as to discuss what goes on in a private forum.

10. Darth_AYBABTU

Darth_AYBABTU Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 8, 2001

And another thing, so what if Josh gives a gift (in the terribly inefficient form of reimbursement) to those who help him maintain the most successful Star Wars fan site on the internet?

Can someone explain to me how bringing this up is anything short of envy, distrust, or drama-mongering? Why is it anyone's business at all?

AYBABTU?

11. Saint_of_Killers

Feb 18, 2001
    There it is, thanks Eddie.

I don't really care, I just saw it and thought it beared posting.

Carter edit: what Darth Aybabtu said.

Saint edit: I'll tell you why, because this is supposed to be a nonporfit website.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.