main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

I don't think it is ever gonna happen

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by invader_jenny, Dec 22, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MystikalMaceWindu

MystikalMaceWindu Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 18, 2005
    Yes, patience....
    Many of us had to wait 16 years until there was another Star Wars movie.

2. TheWookiee

TheWookiee Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 8, 2005
    Though, the lesbians wouldn't be too bad of an inclusion, IMHO. =P~ ;)

3. RevantheJediMaster

RevantheJediMaster Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 12, 2005
    Happy New Year's! They are supposed to start pre-production very soon. I heard they are starting Pre-Production in early 2006.

4. Ive_Got_Two_Legs

Ive_Got_Two_Legs Jedi Youngling star 4

Jul 18, 2005
    I think it's an actually-printed law that Joss Whedon has to include at least one lesbian in anything he makes.

5. JediKink

JediKink Jedi Youngling star 1

May 1, 2005
    It's Realists like you give Fantasy lovers such a horrible sense of cynisism!!!!:_|

[face_laugh]

Television Shows made on Spec happen all the time. It just takes a lot of time to get them started. GL said he has other things to worry about first before he actually gets this ball moving. Don't worry. Remember, it took him 30 to complete his masterpiece. He doesn't do things unless its the right time.

So have no fear, Citizens of Fandom, Captain Optomism is here!

6. Luke_SW

Luke_SW Jedi Master star 2

Apr 13, 2003
    I think we should just be grateful to have more Star Wars being promised to us at all
    I always assumed that Episodes 1-3 would be the end of it, and that thought always saddened me
    So when I heard from Lucas himself that he would be making a live-action SW series, I wasn't so much concerned with when as I was just excited to hear about it

Besides, Yoda would tell you to "have patience"

7. TheWookiee

Oct 8, 2005
    But we would always have the books, comics, video games, etc., anyway.

8. SBD-518

SBD-518 Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 10, 2005
    Yes. People will always keep writing, making, and drawing while we want it.

9. RevantheJediMaster

Jun 12, 2005
    Yes that's good but I would take a quality made Star Wars Live Action TV Series over any of those any day.

10. TheWookiee

Oct 8, 2005
    But, some of the books are EXTREMELY well done, like Shadows of the Empire.

11. RevantheJediMaster

Jun 12, 2005
    Yes but I think an extremely good Star Wars TV Series would be just as good if not better than a extremely good Star Wars book.

12. Darthsuggs

Darthsuggs Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 28, 2003
    Tim Minear could run the show.

13. LtNOWIS

LtNOWIS Jedi Master star 4

May 19, 2005
    Actually, I think the novel contract Lucas has with Del Rey only goes to 2008. If the TV series happens, it'll be renewed, but otherwise it might not be. The EU survived w/o the films, from '91 to '99, but I'm not certain it could again.

14. Winston_Sith

Winston_Sith Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 8, 2004
    :::Mallrats was hilarious, I loved Firefly, and as much as I'd like to see spice-heads debating Rebel acts of terrorism or lesbians make their way into the SW universe, I don't think either one of those would be right for Star Wars TV.

If that happened would never watch or read anything with the Star Wars label on it. Ever. Again.

I'm sure it will happen eventually, but GL isn't that stupid, and he would step in (if he was alive) if some schmuck tried to do something like that.

And if, God forbid, his kids allow it after the Old Man croaks, then I hope the Flanneled One comes back and haunts them until they run in front of oncoming trains, or die of heart failure!

Have a nice day. :)

15. RevantheJediMaster

Jun 12, 2005
    The TV Series will probably happen just give it time. It is said that pre-production will begin soon. GL is really busy with Indy 4, the Clone Wars 3D Animated Series, that Red Tails film, and converting the Star Wars movies into 3D format.

16. TheWookiee

Oct 8, 2005
    Yes, yes, to Revan you listne! Give it time, you must! For patience, yields rewards, it does.

17. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003

Sadly, all of us who are sitting around here, patiently awaiting the coming of the TV show, are going to get pushed aside by overly-zealous spoiler-crazed fans the moment any spoilers do come out. And you can bet that 90% of those fans were part of the Episode I, II, and III spoiler-brigade, who haven't visited TFN since ROTS hit theaters. They're going to turn the TV show forum into a party zone. Anarchy will ensue.

Of course, one good thing that will come of an over-hyped TV show section would be that the thread topics might actually be updated more than once every few days....

18. Darthsuggs

Jul 28, 2003
    True. Hey I'll remember you guys. I will admit that I dod not post as often but I do still post since ROTS came out. I honestly do miss the spy reports,webcam, and speculation that the 3SA had. Of course you have people that I don't see anymore like Holocron Collector, Sapient, Bob the Goon, Pooja, and a bunch of others.

19. RevantheJediMaster

Jun 12, 2005
    Yes once more spoilers come out on the two TV Series the SSSW Section will get really busy.

20. Rogue_Follower

Rogue_Follower Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 12, 2003
    >>>Sadly, all of us who are sitting around here, patiently awaiting the coming of the TV show, are going to get pushed aside by overly-zealous spoiler-crazed fans the moment any spoilers do come out. And you can bet that 90% of those fans were part of the Episode I, II, and III spoiler-brigade, who haven't visited TFN since ROTS hit theaters. They're going to turn the TV show forum into a party zone. Anarchy will ensue. <<<

Yeah. 3SA had some crazy times. [face_plain]

Which is why I have the EU Lit forum to fall back on for civilized discussion. [face_batting]

21. Darthsuggs

Jul 28, 2003
    aaaahhh come on guys. The 3SA was great. Just think about we can look foward to newbies posting threads with "spoilers" they found on Supershadow's site. No honestly I do miss the old days in some ways. OT but one of the most memorable times was when the marketing video was leaked and some of us waitef ro it all night.

22. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    >> Which is why I have the EU Lit forum to fall back on for civilized discussion.<<

Well, I'd like to think I'll bring some of that Lit civility to any 3SA-esque insanity that might come this forums way in the future ;)

23. Ive_Got_Two_Legs

Ive_Got_Two_Legs Jedi Youngling star 4

Jul 18, 2005
    The book contract and the TV show have nothing to do with each other. That's like saying that if the Dark Nest Trilogy didn't sell well then LFL would decide to stop the EU.

24. Darthsuggs

Jul 28, 2003

If the spoiler insanity does ensue you are staying on as Mod I hope.

25. Lavaman

Lavaman Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 19, 2003
    Really? I thought you were part of that brigade. :confused:

Personally, I can't wait for the Spoilers to roll in. It will bring some excitement to The Small Screen Star Wars Forum, which is boring and lifeless right now. It will be just like the 3SA. :cool: (Yes, I miss the 3SA :( those were fun times.:cool: :) ) ;) I know it is too soon for the Live Action TV Show, but I wish Hyperspace would get off their a** and show us some images from the Clone Wars CGI Animated Series, and interviews with people working on it. Rick McCallum said months ago, that several Episodes were written, and that the CGI animation was being rendered at ILM(even before the animation studio in Singapore was open). There is plenty of CGI images they could show us, even if they are not fully rendered. We need something concrete to talk about, instead of just blind speculation.

Sorry for the rant, but I am getting impatient. :p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.