main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

I don't think it is ever gonna happen

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by invader_jenny, Dec 22, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheWookiee

TheWookiee Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 8, 2005
    I like how at Celebration III last April, after Lucas announed the TV shows and his general ideas, he said "There, that'll give you guys something to think about." He knows us all too well. [face_laugh]

2. LawgSkrak

LawgSkrak Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 23, 1999
    If the show is supposed to be on in 2007 and it is now 2006, isn't that only 1 to 2 yrs of a wait?

3. RevantheJediMaster

RevantheJediMaster Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 12, 2005
    The Star Wars Live Action TV Series is most likely coming out in 2008 and the Clone Wars 3D Animated Series is coming out in Fall 2007. Lavaman I also want some more info.

4. Obi-Chron

Obi-Chron Jedi Master star 4

Nov 11, 2003
    My take (as if anyone really cares) -- GL is circling his wagons . . . .

There is a template he seems to follow with the films, releasing OT and then PT episodes every three years. GL looks to be keeping this schedule between ROTS and the first season of the live action series. Makes sense if you consider the live action series as a continuation of ROTS that leads to ANH as GL allegedly stated.

+ 3
    ----

Yeah, I'm a flippin' math genius, I know, but the point is that GL may well treat the first 'season' of the series like an 'episode' as far as writing, logistics/schedule, rehearsals and finally filming. We know there are 100 shows planned -- this equates to 3 or 4 years of live action TV. GL will serve as the master the first year, showing his apprentices how to do it, what he expects, then letting them take the reigns for the remaining seasons while GL issues orders from his throne room and pursues other endeavors.

One other factor -- Indy 4 is moving out! GL seems to be putting that film before the series due to the schedules of SS and H. Ford and the previous delays that GL is largely responsible for (didn't like the script).

5. Dezdmona

Dezdmona Jedi Master star 4

Jun 9, 2005
  6. Lavaman

Lavaman Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 19, 2003
    Sadly, I don't have much more info. It seems that the Clone Wars CGI Animated Series will probably come out earlier than Fall of 2007. Check out the Audiocast of Rick McCallum on Hyperspace(it might be on the free OS as well). According to Rick, they have been working on the scripts and the CGI animation for some time, and the Audiocast came out months ago. Also, I remember reading in one of my E-mail News Letters from Hyperspace, an interview with someone involved with Lucasanimation saying that they saw some treatments for the Animated Series, and that they "couldn't wait to show us". Well that was months ago, show us already. [face_frustrated]

7. RevantheJediMaster

Jun 12, 2005
    Lavaman you misunderstood. I was not asking you for info I was just telling you that I also wish more info was released. Actually the Clone Wars 3D Animated Series is supposed to be released in Fall 2007. In addition the Live Action TV Series is most likely going to come out in 2008.

8. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    >> If the spoiler insanity does ensue you are staying on as Mod I hope.<<

I'll be here, and don't worry- while it won't be "3SA: the Sequel" around here, there'll be a healthy balance maintained, if I can help it.

9. Lavaman

Jan 19, 2003
    How so? Does that mean you are going to sensor any Spoiler that you decide is wrong? What was so wrong with the 3SA? This used to be a very open Site for information. I can understand the Policy for no foul language, Trolling, and Flaming, but I hope you Mods don't get into the business of Sensoring Spoilers or potential Spoilers. Where's the fun in that? :confused:

10. TheWookiee

Oct 8, 2005
    I concur. We like spoilers. [face_dancing] =P~ ;)

11. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    Though actual spoiler policy in here regarding the liveaction show will be finalized as we grow closer to the actual show, what i mean by my comments is, in my view, there should be a clear delineation between spoiler and non-spoiler threads (including titles) and likely defining/requiring blackedout spoilers in some threads since we will be one forum, not two.

Additionally, since (at least at this point) TV is considered EU by LFL, rules on discussions regarding what is and is not "canon" will likely be different than 3SA (though again, that'll be discussed in more detail as we draw closer to the premeire).

So things won't be quite the same as 3SA, and we'll be lookinmg for a balance between spoiler and non-spoiler discussion and EU inclusion that will also hopefully still encourage the positive aspects of 3SA and Lit, while avoiding any percieved negatives.

But again, all this will get smoothed out as we near the production's timeframe and we'll definitely be taking the forum regulars' feelings on the subjects into account as we do so.

12. Rogue_Follower

Rogue_Follower Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 12, 2003
    Excellent, excellent! :)

That was one of the worst parts of 3SA: the rabid EU bashing. And the "amazing Supershadow Spoilers" were annoying too. :rolleyes: :p

13. RevantheJediMaster

Jun 12, 2005
    Yes that's really good to hear.

14. Lavaman

Jan 19, 2003
    Sounds good to me! :D Thanks for clearing that up. :D

15. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    No prob. ::)

16. dudalb

dudalb Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 14, 2001
    2007 was the stated target all along.
    Is Lucas writing the actual scripts for the first season or just doing the basic plots? I would actually prefer him just to do the stories,and leave the actual scripts to others, since I think that the prequels showed that dialogue is not exactly his strong point as a writer.

17. G-FETT

G-FETT Chosen One star 7

Aug 10, 2001
    Up until yesterday I really hadn't given much thought at all to life after the movies, and I was basically thinking that Star Wars was over forever. But I've got to admit The last day or so, I've learned more and more about this Live Action Series, and I'm getting pretty excited about it. It certainly sounds cool. So, whether its 2007 or 2008, I'm going to be hanging out here from now on and keeping up to date with things.

I wonder when we will get our first spoiler reports about this series? ;)

18. RevantheJediMaster

Jun 12, 2005
    Well pre-production was said to start this month but that might have changed. They could have already begun to write the scripts for all I know.

19. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    >> Is Lucas writing the actual scripts for the first season or just doing the basic plots?<<

I get the impression he's not writing the scripts (considering that's his least favorite aspect of the process, I'd be highly shocked if he wrote more than one script) as I think there's been mention of acquiring different writers.

20. RevantheJediMaster

Jun 12, 2005
    Yes they are looking for writers for the TV Series. There was an article on this a few months back. Maybe they have already hired writers and the script writing process has already begun?

21. G-FETT

G-FETT Chosen One star 7

Aug 10, 2001
    It will be interesting to bring in some new writers to this series and to see what some new "faces" make of Star Wars and in what direction they take it in. I hope George continues to be heavily involved, and maybe even direct some episode's, but I do think it would be a good idea to open this out to many more people than the Prequels were opened out to.

22. Lavaman

Jan 19, 2003
    I remember someone from Lucasfilm saying that GL was going to kick off the Series with the Pilot, then hand it off to a show Runner to run the day to day Production of the Series. They also are going to hire a writing team. So it seems that GL's only major contribution to the Series will be writing and maybe directing the Pilot, as well as create the premise of the Series. As Executive Producer, he will be watching over the series to see how it is going I'm sure, and maybe give occasional suggestions, that is about it.

I personally think that GL will not be writing the full script of the Pilot, just the story outline itself.

23. TheWookiee

Oct 8, 2005
    Yeah, that's what he usually does. And, IMHO, that's what he does best: write the story. Now when he writes the script...[face_plain]

And, I'm 100% sure he'll executive produce and watch over the show, so that it doesn't turn into a modern day version of the holiday special.[face_laugh]

24. RevantheJediMaster

Jun 12, 2005
    Yes I'd be very happy if GL is the executive producer of the show and makes the story for the pilot episode.

25. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    However "kick things off" is a vague phrase- it could mean he's writing or directing the pilot, but it could just mean that he'll function as producer to "get things rolling" on the show, and hand off to a showrunner once their up and shooting.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.