main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

I don't think killing Mara off was a good move. DR needs to cut back on "Who can we kill next?"

Discussion in 'Literature' started by TheLateAdmiralPiett, Mar 13, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheLateAdmiralPiett

TheLateAdmiralPiett Jedi Grand Master star 3

Oct 1, 2004
    I'm probably in the minority on that, but it's what I think. It was handled too lightly. Mara was suddenly dead, and that was that. Yes, they had a funeral and she appeared to Ben and Luke, but the whole situation lacked a certain "Damn, they did that?" feeling to it.

Like I said above, I'm more than likely in the minority on the Mara thing. And as I also mentioned in the title, I think Del Rey needs to give the killing-off sauce a break. I wouldn't mind a story that was a throwback to the Bantam years once in a while, with no major deaths.

I think this thread can handle this discussion.

2. Robimus

Robimus Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 6, 2007
    I don't think your in the minority;)

Though I like how Mara's death was handled I think a lot of fans feel the way you do.

Mara's death for me was about two things, neither of them anything to do with "Jacen's Sacrifice". First it was a villian builder of course, but I also think it was about commiting an act that the Skysolo family could not forgive. If anything I think Jacen sacrificed his family that day, and thats why I liked it as well as the fall out after it.:)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.