main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

I don't understand the reasoning for Senator Amidala's assasination.

Discussion in 'Prequel Trilogy' started by rcrez, Jun 5, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DARTHCLANDESTINE

DARTHCLANDESTINE Jedi Youngling star 3

May 17, 2005
    The revenge idea, while in the databank, just makes trying to read any logic into Nute's character in the films impossible.

Well, I think we can find an answer actually...I hope [face_dancing] Its connected with the "betrayal" line by Dooku about Gunray.

Gunray was disappointed with his loss in the Naboo battle, yet, he remained Viceroy;likely by an agreement that if he's kept safe, he'll continue to support Sidious.

Then Dooku tells him that he wants him to sign a treaty because they need that to dismantle the Jedi ("the Jedi will be overwhelmed"). Gunray then would have said that if that's the case, he'd like Padme to be killed. Dooku would have then said it was not a problem. However I think Dooku would want actually want Padme to be alive for a while, till the Clones are ready. But if she is killed, there would have been a war anyway.

Either way, Dooku and Sidious get their war.

So, however you look at it, Dooku and Sidious would remain winners in their quest for war.

2. Lama_Sutra

Lama_Sutra Jedi Youngling

Apr 30, 2001
    Nute wanted Padme dead because he was outraged by her horribly wooden performance in TPM.

3. DARTHCLANDESTINE

DARTHCLANDESTINE Jedi Youngling star 3

May 17, 2005
    That's funny [face_laugh].....NOT! [face_talk_hand]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.