I Don't Want to Wait (Love story of J/J's daughter and K/OC's son.) Completed November 1, 2003

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by Kyp_Jaina_Jag, Mar 2, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kyp_Jaina_Jag Jedi Knight

star 2
    Summary: Kay (J/J's daughter) and Gavin (K/OC's son) have never gotten along. In fact, they hate each other. Kay thinks that Gavin is an arrogant jerk, and Gavin thinks that Kay is a spoiled brat. Now, both 17-years-old, their feelings for each other have...changed.

Disclaimer: Everything belongs to George Lucas, except the characters I have made up.

I Don't Want to Wait

Kayla Fel ran down the corridors of the Jedi Temple on Coruscant. She was panting and late for her training with her mother. Kay skidded in front of the door to the training room. When she opened the door, she found her mother, Jaina, going through lightsaber exercises with Gavin Durron. Gavin casually blocked each of Jaina's attacks, and threw Kay and amused glance. She glared at him, screaming at him mentally.

"Jaina, you're daughter's yelling at me," Gavin mock-whined.

"Stop it, Kay," Jaina warned her daughter.

"You want to know why I'm late?" Kay snapped. "Because Durron here locked me in my room."

Gavin scoffed at that, putting a hand to his heart as if wounded. "That hurts, Kay. I would never do something like that to you."

"Honestly, you two," Jaina interrupted. "This constant arguing has been going on for years. This has to stop."

"I'm sorry, Kay," Gavin said, though his intense green eyes mocked her.

"Yeah...of course you are," Kay replied sarcastically. But Jaina sent her daughter a death glare. "Yeah, I'm sorry too."

"Good," Jaina said. "Gavin, we'll talk later."

"Sure," Gavin replied, walking past Jaina, and purposely brushing against Kay on his way to the door.

"I hate him," Kay said immediately, as the door closed behind Gavin.

Short, I know. That was just a prologue, and you'll get more soon.
  2. SpacedOutAnna Jedi Master

star 4
    Ooh. I like the idea! Can't wait to see more...

Anna
  3. Kyp_Jaina_Jag Jedi Knight

star 2
    Hehe...First chapter

Chapter 1

"You do not hate him," Jaina argued with her daughter.

"I do!" Kay said, blocking her mother's lightsaber attacks.

"First of all, hate is of the dark side," Jaina said. "Second of all, be easy on Gavin. He's had a hard life."

"A hard life?" Kay exclaimed. "He lost his father at an early age. So did I! I don't exactly give him sympathy for that."

"Third of all," Jaina continued. "He likes you." Seeing the bewildered look on Kay's face, she continued. "He really does. You both have known each other all your lives. Everyone always thought you two..."

"Don't go there, mother," Kay replied, horrified at the idea of her and Gavin as a couple.

Though Kay couldn't deny that Gavin was attractive. He had intense, fiery green eyes that often mocked and manipulated. His black hair framed his handsome face, and high cheekbones. He was taller and more muscular than Kay's current boyfriend, but...Kay blushed and shook away the thoughts.

"He has a girlfriend. And I have Erik," Kay said quickly.

"Yeah, you do," Jaina sounded slightly disgusted at her daughter's choice of boyfriend.

"I thought you like Erik," Kay said.

"I do," Jaina replied. "But...he's a little...spoiled."

"Okay, maybe he can be bratty sometimes," Kay argued. "But he's nice to me."

"I think you could honestly do better," Jaina said, in a tone that told Kay that the conversation was over.

"If I choice Gavin, I'd been doing worse," Kay muttered under her breath.

Gavin found his best friend, Ben Skywalker, and his girlfriend, Kira, in the cafeteria. Kira looked up when she saw him, smiling. Gavin could definitely call Kira beautiful. She had brown, almond-shaped eyes, and silky black hair. Gavin's mind drifted back to Kay. Kay definitely did not have a problem with looks. She had light brown hair, often worn up in a ponytail. She had brandy-brown eyes, that he so often loved to look into. But Kay wasn't Kira.

Kira kissed him lightly when Gavin walked over, but frowned slightly.

"You look upset," Ben commented, sensing what Kira felt.

"Just playing with a certain second cousin of yours," Gavin replied, smirking. "She got a little mad."

"What did you do to Kay?" Kira asked, concerned about the possibilities of what he could do to Kay.

"Nothing," Gavin said innocently. Kira and Ben sent him looks of disbelief. "I just...locked her in her room for a while. Made her late for training."

"Gavin..." Kira started.

"Kira, it's all in fun," Gavin replied.

"She's going to get you back," Ben warned him.

"Whatever," Gavin replied, shrugging it off. "I'm not exactly afraid of her."

tbc
  4. NarundiJedi Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    Hehe, I like where this is going! The idea of having both Jag and Kyp dead really does mean that the focus is elsewhere, mainly on the new characters. Defintitely want to see more! :)

Jae Angel
  5. JainaJag00 Jedi Master

star 4
    this is very interesting. i like the pairings, and even tho jag and kyp are both dead ( :() i look fwd to more of this! :)

-jj00
  6. Jedi_Jaina_Durron Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Fun stuff! They're cute!

Is it too soon to ask for more?
  7. Eowyn_Jade Force Ghost

star 4
    [face_laugh] I think gavin should be afriad of teh daughter of jaina Solo...::evil laugh:: I love where this story is going! Keep it up!

EJ
  8. Kyp_Jaina_Jag Jedi Knight

star 2
    Wow...third post of the day!

Chapter 2

Gavin walked into his mother's room, cautious to be quiet. Nivea Durron hadn't been the same since her husband had died. She barely spoke a word, and stayed in her room all day. She had once been very beautiful, but that had changed. Her once tan skin was now pale, and her blue eyes, that once had spirit and happiness, were a dull gray. Her hair, once blonde, was streaked with gray.

Gavin knelt down beside her, putting his hand on her's. She looked at him for a few seconds, her face expressionless, then looked away. Gavin knew why she rarely spoke to him and, even rarer, looked at him. Because he reminded her too much of Kyp. Gavin felt tears sting his eyes, but he blinked them away. His mother stared out the window onto Coruscant's sunset, never letting a tear fall.

Nivea never cried anymore. For weeks after her husband's death by the Yuuzhan Vong, she had done nothing but cry. Her eyes had been swollen and red everyday, and had never let Gavin see her. When the crying stage passed, she had barely eaten or slept. She just sat by her window, a little bit more than a broken shell.

"Mom?" Gavin whispered softly.

Nivea didn't turn to look at her son.

"Mommy?" Gavin's voice grew more broken, and wavered.

Gavin rested his head on her lap, and she stroked his hair, like she'd done everyday for ten years.

Gavin walked into one of the room's of the Jedi Temple were Kay was training. She was using her mental force powers to lift various objects up. She had her eyes closed, and one arm raised towards the objects.

"You're late," Kay said abruptly, without opening her eyes.

"Had to do something," Gavin replied, softly.

It surprised Kay that there was no sarcastic comeback. It was unusual that Gavin didn't treat her like a child. Without hesitation, Kay made her lightsaber on the floor fly into her hand. She brought the violet blade close to his throat. His own clear blue saber ignited as he went to his hand. He knocked her blade away, and they began to spar.

"How's"-thrust-"Captain"-parry-"Cardboard?" Gavin said, in between movements.

"How's the skank?" Kay shot back.

Gavin smirked. He loved this way of distracting each other while dueling. Insult whoever they were dating at the time. It was a nice strategy. But it wasn't a surprise that Kay didn't like Kira. The two had never gotten along. Neither had Erik and himself. Gavin almost laughed aloud at the thought of Erik. He didn't know what Kay could possibly see in him.

Without warning, Kay did a flip in the air over his head, and thrusting the blade at him. Gavin turned quickly and blocked it. Kay frowned, but didn't lose her confidence at all. Gavin was definitely talented with a blade, but Kay could still rival him.

Gavin suddenly made a thrust at her arm. While Kay blocked it, he caught her off balance, and he held the blade near her throat. He won. Kay glared at him, and sent him to the ground with a powerful force shove. He laughed at that, though it had hurt. She scowled and attempted to walk around him towards the door, but Gavin grabbed her arm and rolled over to pin her beneath him.

"Durron!" Kay yelled, shoving him.

Gavin laughed, but stopped abruptly when Kay rolled them over. Kay pinned his wrists above his head, straddling his waist. Gavin tried hard not to be fully aware and aroused by their current position. Kay must have released it too, because the smile fell off her face.

"Not that I'm not enjoying this compromising position, but were you planning on letting me up?" Gavin smirked at her.

Kay's eyes widened, and she scurried off him abruptly. Without speaking, she strode out of the room, but not before shoving him to the floor again.

tbc

I wasn't sure about how I handled the scene with Gavin and his mother. I know how I want to go with it, but it was hard to write that first part. Get ready for some angst with Gavin and his mother, just to warn you.
  9. NarundiJedi Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    Poor Gavin! I can see where the angst might come in!

And LOL to Captain Cardboard v. 2.0! [face_laugh] Great stuff, KJJ! :D

Jae Angel
  10. Eowyn_Jade Force Ghost

star 4
    The fight scene was excellent :D

Oh the stuff with gavin and his mom...that was sad...Of course, I think I'd cry alot too if Kyp died ;)

EJ
  11. Kyp_Jaina_Jag Jedi Knight

star 2
    Yeah! New post!

Chapter 3

Erik grinned at his girlfriend when Kay entered the apartment. Then grin quickly faded when he got a better look at her. She was sweating a lot, and her face was flushed. Her hair hung on her shoulders, stringy, and and clothes stained with sweat. Kay smiled at him, and leaned towards him for a hug. He backed away slightly, and she frowned.

"Usually, I would be happy to have you surprise me like this, but what's up?" Kay asked, dissapointed that he hadn't kissed her.

"It's just that....you're...um," Erik searched for the right phrase.

"Sweaty?" Kay supplied, smiling.

Kay tried hard not to burst out laughing at Erik's obsession with cleanliness. She loved him, but it could get to be annoying. Erik's cleanliness showed. His blonde hair was perfectly in place, his face washed, and his clothes fresh. Kay felt a little intimidated. Sort of like she wanted to put a bag over her head.

"Well...yeah," Erik shifted from foot to foot uncomfortably.

"That's what happens when you train hard," Kay joked.

"How about I just come back?" Erik suggested. "You can...clean up."

"You don't have to," Kay replied.

"No...I really should," Erik insisted. "I'll...uh...talk to you later."

"Okay-" Kay started, but Erik was already headed for the door.

When he shut it behind him, Kay sighed and headed for the 'fresher.

Kay entered one of the dance clubs of Downtown Coruscant, and looked around for her cousins. She spotted Lorina and Trissi Solo at one of the tables. Kay immediately noticed that they were dressed to kill. Lorina had on a light pink dress that hugged every curve of her body, causing almost every male in the club to turn and stare.

Lorina had her mother's curly blone hair and beautiful green eyes, while Trissi had her father's brandy-colored eyes and light brown hair. Trissi was all about blue tonight. She had on a blue dress that came down to her knees, and blue sandles with straps that wrapped around her calves.

Kay herself was silver and black. She had a metallic looking mini skirt on, and a black tank-top. Her jewelry was all silver, but her eye make-up was all black. Trissi and Lorina saw Kay and waved her over to their table. Kay worked her way through the dancing crowd, ignoring the hungry male eyes on her.

"I do not get you," was the first thing Lorina said, as Kay sat down.

"Excuse me?" Kay replied, a little surprised.

"Trissi was just telling me that you saw Erik this afternoon," Lorina sounded disgusted.

"Yeah, so..." Kay asked. "Erik is my boyfriend."

"Hence the reason I don't get you," Lorina replied, taking a sip from her neon drink. "You've stayed with him for so long. You could do so much better."

"Really? And who would you suggest I go out with?" Kay asked, a bit of annoyance rising in her voice.

"Gavin," Lorina and Trissi said in unison.

Kay spit out her drink, coughing. Lorina cringed, and wiped the juice off of her shirt.

"What!? Gavin!" Kay yelled. "No way!"

"Why not?" Trissi asked, frowning.

"Because he's arrogant and a jerk and-"

"Hot and sweet and likes you and argues with you," Trissi cut her off.

"Right..." Kay's voice trailed off.

"You did have a crush on him once," Lorina reminded her.

"Yeah, when I was 13," Kay argued. "Things change. I got better taste in men."

"You think Erik is better?" Lorina sounded horrified.

"Guys, trust me," Kay continued. "If I dated Gavin I would definitely be doing worse."

'I think' Kay thought to herself.

tbc

How's everyone like Erik? lol
    Next post will probably be Gavin and his mom, and maybe a Kay and Kira confrontation...dun dun dun
  12. Eowyn_Jade Force Ghost

star 4
    :D Erics an idiot...yes...

nice chapter ^_^ Can't wait for the next one!

EJ
  13. JainaJag00 Jedi Master

star 4
    hm.... very interesting!
  14. jedishellyskywalker Force Ghost

star 4
    This is shaping up to be a great fanfic Kyp_Jaina_Jag! I'm looking forward to reading more soon (hint, hint)!!!
    One itty bitty thing wrong though,
    no Jag in the story makes me sad *sobs*. Why did he have to die? Will you at least describe his honourable, noble death to console me please? Or at any rate, don't just casually mention that Jag didn't look when crossing the road and got hit by a speeder!!! :p
  15. NarundiJedi Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    Hehe, I don't really like Erik, but I think that's the point! ;) I hope Kay does go for Gavin eventually. :D

Jae Angel
  16. Jedi_Jaina_Durron Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Force, this is fun! LOL! I'm laughing at them...such idiots! Reminds me of K and J...ya know?

Anyways, I'm high (not really), so I'm going to go run around the house or something.

Is it too soon to ask for more?
  17. Kyp_Jaina_Jag Jedi Knight

star 2
    Another chapter!
    shelly-I decided to honor your request. Hope you like Jag's honorable death

EJ-Yeah, Erik really is an idiot, isn't? Perfect, because that's exactly what I was going for!

Chapter 4

Mon Calamiri
    11 Years Ago

Kay watched as her mother and father ran down the cooridors of the Mon Calamiri Palace. Jaina knelt down and kissed her daughter's cheek, and hugged her tightly. The Vong had invaded Mon Calamiri for the first time in years. Jaina released her daughter, tears stinging her eyes.

"I love you," Jaina whispered to her daughter.

Jag lifted his daughter up into his arms and held her for a few moments, not wanting to let her go. Wedge spotted Jaina and Jag from the end of the corridor.

"Colonel! Lieutenant!" Wedge called. "Vong are on the ground! You'll need to fight your way to the hanger bay!"

Jag reluctantly set down his daughter.

"Remember that I'll always love you," Jag told her.

"I love you too, daddy," Kay whispered.

"Grandma will look after you," Jaina said to her.

Jaina looked up at her mother, standing next to Kay. Then, Jaina and Jag ran towards Wedge, ready to protect their daughter.

Kay watched from her window as her parents fought through the Vong, as her Grandma quickly packed their things. They'd need to leave Mon Calamiri soon. The Vong almost had the planet overrun. A ship was waiting at the bottom of the palace to take them away. Leia Solo only looked at her granddaughter when she heard Kay scream.

Leia ran to the window Kay was looking out. She saw a horrific scene before her. Jaina was calling to Jag, telling him to hurry up. A Yuuzhan Vong leapt out in front of Jag, shoving him to the ground. Jag fell to the ground hard, hitting his leg on a stone. Jag's blaster had fell from his hand. Jaina ran towards him, but the Vong used a staff to hit Jaina away. Jag tried to move his leg, to get to Jaina...to fight for his daughter.

Kay screamed louder as the Vong smashed the staff through her father's stomach. Horror flooded Jag's eyes, but he turned to look at Jaina. Jaina looked at her husband, close to tears. He mouthed 'I love you' to her, and...

Present

Kay woke up panting, tears streaming down her face.

tbc
    Short and tragic, sorry.
  18. jedishellyskywalker Force Ghost

star 4
    Thank you so much!!!!!!!!!!
    You made me cry, but thank you K_J_J!
    Poor Jag...
  19. Eowyn_Jade Force Ghost

star 4
    oh my goodness...my gosh that almost made me cry...and I don't cry easily...beautiful chapter...poor Jaina...she lost Jag :(

EJ
  20. JainaJag00 Jedi Master

star 4
    awwww... that was sooo sad!!! poor jaina, and poor kay!
  21. NarundiJedi Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    Awww, that's so sad! Poor Kay! I hope things aren't all gloom and doom for Kay and Gavin in this fic! :( And I don't want to hear the details on Kyp's death! :_|

Jae Angel
  22. Kyp_Jaina_Jag Jedi Knight

star 2
    Yeah! New chapter?

a/n-I just thought of this chapter last night, so it's a little weird. (But I hope you like it.)

Chapter 5

Gavin raced down the streets of Downtown Coruscant. Most people who came down here stopped at the clubs. Other people knew better. Gavin ran through the mazes of alleyways and finally reached a street with neon lights and crowds of people. There were speeders on the streets, still hummed to live from recent races. This was where the real life of Coruscant was. The racing all happened in mostly deserted areas of Coruscant.

"Durron!" Gavin turned to see his friend Damien running towards him.

"Damien," Gavin said, trying hard not to laugh.

Damien's hair was newly dyed platinum white, and it glistened in the bright lights.

"What did you do to your hair?" Gavin asked.

Damien glared at him. "Got in a fight with the bleach bottle," he said bluntly.

"Right...so what's the record tonight?" Gavin asked, watching racers go by.

"130 mph," Damien laughed. "Your friend holds it."

Damien nodded towards a girl in the crowd. Gavin felt his mouth go dry when he saw Kay leaning against her speeder. She wore tight leather pants, and an even tighter navy blue top. Her hair was crimped, and unneeded make-up exaggerated her features. Damien must have seen the look on Gavin's speechless face, because he shot his friend an amused look.

"Yeah...she looks hot," Damien supplied.

"What?" Gavin was jerked out of his thoughts. "It's not that...it's just that..."

"You're with Kira, I know," Damien replied. "But still..."

"I can beat her," Gavin said quickly. "No problem."

Damien looked surprised, but recovered. "Sure...bets are as high as 1000 credits tonight."

"1000 credits richer," Gavin smirked at his friend.

Damien looked doubtful as Gavin climbed into a speeder.

Kay was fuming as Gavin took a place next to her on the starting line.

"You're an idiot if you think you can beat me," Kay shouted to him.

"Keep thinking that, Fel," Gavin shouted back.

Kay glared at him and rolled her eyes. She glanced at Damien, who looked nervous at the thought of her and Gavin racing each other. She smirked. Damien didn't need to worry. She wouldn't actually hurt Gavin. Much.

"Guys ready?" Damien asked.

They both nodded at him, and he gave them the signal to start. They took off.

Kay took an early lead, but it vanished quickly. The twists and turns of Coruscant made it easy for people to crash. They zoomed passed alleys and shops, never slowing down for anything. Gavin glanced quickly to his left to look at Kay. She was deep in concentration, trying to gain the lead. Gavin smirked and shook his head. While Kay went straight, Gavin took a sharp turn to the right. Kay frowned when he did that, wondering what he was doing.

When Kay reached the finish line, Gavin was there waiting for her. Fuming, she stormed towards him. Damien was counting out Gavin's money for him, but when he saw Kay, he took a couple steps back. Kay glared at Gavin, screaming mentally.

"You cheated!" Kay finally yelled aloud.

"Strictly speaking, he didn't," Damien piped up. "I mean...you're free to take charted routes. You just can't leave the course or anything like that. He just didn't take the popular route."

Eyes widening, Kay turned on Gavin, but he spoke before she could. "Hey, you heard the man."

Without a word, Kay shoved Damien out of the way, and ran towards home.

"Woah, keep that anger under control," Jaina reminded her daughter as Kay came in.

"Stupid...arrogant...sithspawn...jerk..." Kay muttered, heading towards her room.

"Gavin?" Jaina asked calmly.

"How could you tell?" Kay snapped.

"I probably said a lot of the same things about his father," Jaina laughed, tucking a strand of hair behind her daughter's ear.

"Like father like son," Kay replied. "I'm going to bed. I can't think."

Stressed, Kay ran to her room, leaving her mother staring.

tbc
    That was kind of a fun chapter that had nothing to real
  23. NarundiJedi Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    You managed to show us how much Gavin is like his father and Kay like her mother. That sort of thing is needed in a story. :)

Jae Angel
  24. Eowyn_Jade Force Ghost

star 4
    hehe... 8-} That was brilliant :D Loved the Race, and jaina's line about Kyp ^_^

EJ
  25. JainaJag00 Jedi Master

star 4
    i agree fully with EJ!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.