main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

I Don't Want to Wait (Love story of J/J's daughter and K/OC's son.) Completed November 1, 2003

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by Kyp_Jaina_Jag, Mar 2, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Eowyn_Jade

Eowyn_Jade Jedi Master star 4

Jan 14, 2003
    A FEW WEEKS!!!?? What in the blazes does that mean? You expect us to wait a FEW WEEKS tofind out what happend? You are totally dead...

8-}

EJ

2. Kyp_Jaina_Jag

Kyp_Jaina_Jag Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 15, 2002
    Angst?

WARNING: If you don?t want to read about Kyp?s death, don?t go any further. :_|

Chapter 17

Dad, dad?please don?t let her die, Gavin silently prayed by some miracle his father could hear him. Dad, I need her so much.

Valin was laying Kay?s limp body on a cot as Octa and Kam tried to heal her.

Dad?dad, please?

Gavin thought this over and over again as he collapsed.

10 years ago: Mon Calamiri

Gavin tackled Ben to the ground, both boys laughing and rolling in the water. Trissi, Lorina, and Anakin Solo grinned from shore, splashing their feet in the tide. Jaina Solo-Fel and Tahiri Veila-Solo watched the children from a few feet away, Jaina?s arms wrapped around her shy daughter, Kay. The houses and palaces on Mon Calamiri had just finished being repaired from attacks about a year ago.

Gavin glanced up at Kay, giving her a small smile. She managed one back, but looked away quickly. Ben glanced at his best friend and they exchanged a look. Kay hadn?t completely gotten over her father?s death, since it had only been a year ago. Gavin looked up as he heard the hum of X-Wings, and smiled when he recognized the Dozen.

Jaina smiled and nodded that he could go meet his parents. It was only after Gavin took off for the hanger bay that Jaina frowned and realized that one X-Wing was missing.

By the time Gavin was at the hanger bay, Han and Leia Solo were there, along with Master Skywalker and Mara Jade-Skywalker. Gavin looked around for the familiar design and colors of his father?s X-Wing. Octa Ramis got of her X-Wing and her eyes teared when she saw Gavin. Octa walked over to Master Skywalker and spoke quietly to him for a few moments.

Gavin watched Luke?s eyes widen and the color drain from his face. Gavin looked for his mother, and watched her limp out of her battered X-Wing and collapsed into Han Solo?s arms.

?Nivea?? Leia asked gently. ?Where?s-"

?He?s dead,? Nivea sobbed, collapsing to the ground.

?Mommy?? Gavin walked over to his mother, his eyes questioning.

?Oh, Gavin,? Nivea Durron took her son in her arms, and cried.

?No!? Gavin shoved himself away from his mother as Han and Leia tried not to cry. ?My father isn?t dead, he?s not!?

?He?s not??

?Gavin!? Aria yelled. ?Gavin, c?mon, Kay?s been asking for you!?

?Kay?? Gavin managed in a weak voice. ?She?s dead, Aria.?

?She passed out from blood loss, you monkey-lizard!? Aria had dry tear-stains on her face. ?She?s been asking for you, but you?ve been out of it.?

Thank you, Dad, Gavin thought silently, before speaking aloud to Aria. ?Where is she??

Aria motioned over to a cot, where Kay was lying down, pale, but alive.

?Hey, Sith boy,? Kay managed to whisper.

Gavin shakily got to his feet. ?Hey?I thought I?d lost you.?

?Nah?it takes more than a stabbing in the back to kill me,? Kay joked.

?Stabbed?? Gavin asked.

?Yeah, Kira told me. A knife in my lower back. Hurt like hell,? Kay told him, wincing as she tried to sit up.

?Lay back,? Gavin told her, gently wrapping an arm around her. ?Wait?Kira??

?She knows, Gavin,? Kay sighed. ?Can?t say she looked happy.?

?How?d she find out?? Gavin asked, frowning.

?Did you think something very loudly?? Kay asked, only half joking.

?I, um?asked my dad for help,? Gavin looked away. ?It was stupid??

?No,? Kay said. ?He?s always going to be with you, Gavin.?

Gavin nodded. It was true in more than the way Kay was talking about. The night before he found out his dad died, Gavin woke up in the middle of the night. His dad had been there, a bluish aura around him. Even though Kyp Durron had been in his forties when he died, he was still handsome and had a roguish look to him.

?Dad?? Gavin had thought he?d been dreaming. He knew his father was away fighting to get Coruscant back with his Dozen, which included Gavin?s mother. Before Gavin knew it, he was back asleep.

The next day, he found out his father was dead.

?I?ll talk to Kira later

3. Eowyn_Jade

Eowyn_Jade Jedi Master star 4

Jan 14, 2003
    Yeah! She's okay!

EJ

4. JediMasterKobe

JediMasterKobe Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 10, 2003
    Hip hip hooray!

*throws ewoks for the heck of it*

:D

5. Jedi_jainafel

Jedi_jainafel Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 5, 2002
    Yes!!Finally [face_love] *sigh*, can't wait to read bout Kira pissed off [face_evil]

nina

6. Saber-of-Light

Saber-of-Light Jedi Master star 4

Jun 18, 2002
    **sigh** Getting rid of Erik and Kira will be messy...unless you put Erik and Kira together :p

Sorry I've been gone!

Nice posts :)

7. JainaDurron

JainaDurron Jedi Master star 4

Aug 8, 2002
    Such a great post. Poor Kyp. Poor Gavin.

~~Jilly

8. NYCitygurl

NYCitygurl Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 2002
    That was GREAT! What's happened to Anakin and Tahiri?

NYC

9. Kyp_Jaina_Jag

Sep 15, 2002
    What's happened to Anakin and Tahiri?

Star By Star did happen in the case of my story, so Anakin's dead. :_| Tahiri is married to Jacen, hence the Tahiri Veila-Solo.

10. JainaDurron

Aug 8, 2002
  11. Kyp_Jaina_Jag

Sep 15, 2002
    Finally updating one of my stories!

*chants* fight, fight in this post! Heehee?

Chapter 18

Gavin found Kira outside the med center, looking longingly out the viewport. She looked like she wanted to be anywhere but here. When she looked at him, her almond-shaped eyes were a mixture of despair and confusion.

?I guess I should have realized it,? Kira finally said, breaking the tense silence between them. ?I didn?t want to see it.?

?I get that,? Gavin whispered. ?It?s more my fault. I should have told you right away.?

?Yeah, you should have,? Kira replied, her voice harsher than she meant. She took a deep breath and started again. ?Does Erik know??

?No?not yet, at least,? Gavin said slowly. ?Are you smiling??

Kira?s hand was covering her lips that had curved into a smile. ?Sorry, it?s just?the look on Erik?s face when Kay tells him will be priceless.?

Gavin smirked. ?Okay?yeah, that?s an upside.?

?Yeah, I?m mad that you didn?t tell me, but I?m not going to be the jealous witch off of some Holo Opera,? Kira told him, causing him to smile a little. She was silent for a few moments. ?You love her??

Gavin hesitated for a few seconds. ?Yes?I do.?

Kira nodded in understanding. ?Um?I haven?t exactly been nice to Kay the past few years??

?Yeah, I?ve noticed,? Gavin replied dryly.

?But, I?ve always kind of?I don?t know?admired her,? Kira stumbled over her words, embarrassed. ?Great pilot, great family, great friends?she always had the perfect life.?

Kira?s words caused Gavin?s heart to twist a little. Kay seemed to have everything he?d been deprived of. A wonderful, sane mother, respect of the Jedi Council, an easy way into the New Republic military?

Kira must have sensed his thought, because she gave him a wistful smile. ?It makes your skin thicker, Gavin. You?ve had to work for respect.?

?I?m not bitter or anything,? Gavin said quickly. ?I?ve always known I?d be an outsider. My father??

?Your father didn?t want his scars to condemn his son,? Kira finished for him, suddenly very serious.

?Yeah? Well, scars run deep these days, don?t they?? Gavin?s voice was harsh and bitter.

They were both silent for a few more minutes. Kira broke the silence as she said, ?We have to leave.?

?We can?t feed these people to the Vong,? Gavin told her, frowning.

Kira shook her head. ?Everyone?s leaving. The people, Octa, Aria, Kam, Valin?everyone.?

?The Vong will keep coming,? Gavin told her.

She glanced up at him, giving him a feral grin. ?We?ll just have to keep fighting, won?t we??

Gavin sighed, and ran a hand through his dark hair. ?Nothing like a lightsaber and an X-Wing.?

?Come on?Kay?s probably wondering what we?re doing,? Kira told him, leading him back inside.

?Kira?? Gavin stopped her.

?Yeah??

?We?re okay, right? Friends?? He sounded hopeful, desperate.

Kira sighed and smiled at the same time. ?Yeah, we?re friends.? She paused, before adding, ?Don?t expect Erik to be this easy, though.?

?Of course?this is Captain Cardboard we?re talking about,? Gavin laughed a little, and Kira smirked for a moment. She paused before speaking again. ?No one else knows??

?Just Jaina, I think?unless she?s already told people,? Gavin replied, and his stomach twisted. He cringed to think of what Mara and Jacen would think if they found out he was dating their niece. Luke wouldn?t mind, Gavin knew that much. And he could handle Han and Leia.

?What about the Council?? Kira asked, sensing his thoughts.

?Stay out of my mind,? Gavin teased. ?And I couldn?t care less about what the Council thinks.?

Kira smirked. ?I guess that?s why you walked out, huh??

Gavin sighed. It was true. He abandoned the Council. He still went on missions if Luke asked him, and he trained with Jaina now and then.

Dad would be proud, Gavin thought to himself as he remembered his Rogue Jedi father.

?Should I tell Kay you?re ready to leave?? Kira asked.

Gavin slung his bag over his shoulder. ?Yeah, I?m ready.?

tbc

One ex? down, one

12. JainaJag00

JainaJag00 Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 11, 2002
    uh boy... a little scare there. but at least now kira knows and kays ok...

-jj00

13. JainaDurron

Aug 8, 2002
    Great post KJJ.

~~Jilly

14. JediMasterKobe

Apr 10, 2003
    Like father, like son. ;)

15. Agent_Jaid

Agent_Jaid Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 21, 2003

*swings feet*

[WSU_fight_song]Mush, mush for 'Don'tWannaWait State and viiiictooory!!!![/WSU_fight_song]

I LOVE THIS!!!

*DAMN* is it good!! :D

*bounces*

Gimmie... Gimmie.... MOREE!!! :D

The one part where Kay's in the bar and her cousin's tell her she should be dateing sounds eirily like my life....

Right down to the "Kay" part... the guy's not Gavin though... :p

16. Agent_Jaid

Feb 21, 2003

More please!!!

*is dieing without her mush*

17. Kyp_Jaina_Jag

Sep 15, 2002
    Don't worry about the next post, it will be up in a couple days. I was going to post this author's note with the story, but I've held on to it for a while, so it's something for people to do if they're interested.

Alright?if anyone is very, very bored and good at fanart/digital edits and for some reason, love this story, I?m looking for someone to do fanart; either ones of characters (Kay, Gavin, Kira, Trissi, Erik, Lori, Anakin, etc.) or a sort of cover art for the whole story. If anyone?s interested, just e-mail me pictures and I?ll tell you if you can post them here on the boards, or if you have a website, you can post it there too. If you need character descriptions, just PM me, and I?ll give you descriptions you need. Why do I want fanart? Well, no reason in particular, I just know that some people love to do fanart and that they are incredibly gifted at it. This would be the first story I would have fanart for, so it would also be kind of fun. In case you?re wondering why I can?t do it myself?well, I suck at drawing and I can?t do digital edits to save my life.

Long notice, huh?

18. Jedi_jainafel

Jedi_jainafel Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 5, 2002
    *Bounces round and round the thread*

Up!!!!

nina

19. Agent_Jaid

Feb 21, 2003

Meh. No artistic bone in my body. But I would've looooooved to do it....

Post!! Post!! Post!!

20. Kyp_Jaina_Jag

Sep 15, 2002
    Only a couple more posts, and then this story is wrapped up. I?m considering doing a prequel, about Kyp and Nivea. If I do decide to write a prequel, it wouldn?t happen for a while. I?m trying to wrap up this story and ?Totally Clueless? so I can focus on ?Dark Future? and the new story I?m planning to write later this year.

Chapter 19

Anakin Solo sensed Gavin?s nervousness the moment he got off the ship. Gavin met his gaze and nodded toward Mara Jade, and Anakin?s father, Jacen Solo. Anakin shrugged, and followed him out of the hanger bay.

?Have fun?? Anakin asked, and Gavin motioned back towards Kay.

?I did?not so sure about Kay, though,? the older Jedi told him.

Anakin noticed the slight limp in Kay?s walk and her wince as she slung her bag over her shoulder so that it hit her back. ?What happened to her??

?Stabbed in the stomach,? Gavin replied. Off of Anakin?s stunned look, he continued, ?She?s healed, and she?s dealing pretty well.?

?Trissi said that Kira found out,? Anakin told him, glancing toward his twin, eavesdropping behind them.

Gavin cast him a wry smile and looked at Trissi expectantly. ?Word travels fast,? he managed dryly.

Trissi blushed and shrugged innocently. ?Sorry. Kay sent me a message saying how things went, and it slipped out.?

?A couple hundred times,? Anakin added in.

Gavin shook his head and looked around. ?Where?s Erik? I figured he couldn?t wait to see Kay after a whole two weeks.?

Trissi frowned, and spent way too much time trying to figure out if he was being sarcastic or not. She shrugged, and said sheepishly, ?Well, when I told Lori what happened??

?Erik overheard you?? Gavin guessed dryly.

Trissi blushed. ?Yeah?so if he comes at you with sharp, pointy objects-?

?Duck,? Anakin filled in. Off of Trissi and Gavin?s looks, he fell quiet and just kept walking.

Trissi continued, ?He seemed very homicidal the last time we saw him. Can?t say Jacen or Mara looked any better.?

Gavin shrugged and sighed. ?They?ll get over-?

Gavin stopped in mid sentence as Erik slammed him up against the wall. Gavin looked at the blonde in front of him, down at where Erik?s hands were gripping his shirt, and laughed.

?Are you serious?? Gavin asked in between laughs.

Trissi let out a snort of laughter at that, and Anakin shook his head. Erik?s expression remained dead serious, and he shook Gavin once.

?She?s my girlfriend,? Erik hissed. ?What gave you the right to touch her??

?Pfft?possessive, huh?? Trissi rolled her eyes. ?Holo-flash, Erik! Kay hasn?t been in love with you for a long time.?

?Really?? Erik mocked back at her. ?Is that why she told me she cried her eyes out after I broke up with her??

?And why is that, Erik? If you missed her so much, why?d you break up with her in the first place, only to say you wanted to make up five minutes later?? Anakin countered.

Erik fell silent for a moment, only to retort, ?I figured she was in love with Gavin, and I guess I was right.? He cast a disdainful look Gavin?s way. ?I wanted to make up because I thought about how ridiculous that sounded.?

?Uh huh?Erik, you?re surrounded by Jedi,? Trissi reminded him. ?We can tell when you?re lying.?

?I?m not,? Erik put on the innocence mask, but Gavin didn?t buy it.

Gavin glanced at Trissi and Gavin for approval, and they nodded. Gavin filtered through Erik?s thoughts and memories, searching for ones related to Kay. He stopped at one memory from a few months ago. It was Erik in downtown Coruscant, paying a twi?lek several credits. Gavin made a face, and jerked out of Erik?s mind.

?You?ve been cheating on Kay with a hooker?? Gavin shrugged off Erik?s hands.

?Ew,? was all Trissi could say. She thought for a moment, and added again, ?Ewww.?

Anakin shot his sister an amused look before turning back to Erik. He kicked him hard in the shins, ?You Sith.?

Erik didn?t waver from his expression. ?What do you expect? Kay?s practically an ice queen. It?s not my fault if she doesn?t have the same advant

21. Agent_Jaid

Feb 21, 2003

Can't Kay kick him while he's down?!

What a sith!!!

The creep!!!

How dare he!?!?

How DARE he?!?!?

*seeths with fury*

:mad:

*shakes with rage*

:mad:

22. JainaDurron

Aug 8, 2002
    Go Gavin! And yeah, let Kay kick Erik when he's down. [face_devil]

~~Jilly

23. JediMasterKobe

Apr 10, 2003
    The heck with kicking...

Kay should've done a legdrop on that Sithspawn! :D

24. padme-96

padme-96 Jedi Master star 4

Feb 12, 2002
    this is actuyally really good now that i've sat down and read it.

25. Kyp_Jaina_Jag

Sep 15, 2002
    Just the epilogue next, and then it?s over. Sorry to say, I won?t be doing a sequel to this, though I?ll be doing a similar story, only much more angst and action. It?s called ?Scars Run Deep? and I?ll be starting it as soon as I finish this story, so sometime probably in the middle of November.

Chapter 20

?Mom?? Gavin whispered as he knelt down beside Nivea Durron. He studied her for a few moments, watching her blank gaze and he shook his head in amazement. ?My force, Mom?what happened to you??

There seemed to be some light of recognition in Nivea?s eyes, but she continued her stare out onto Coruscant.

?You fell in love with Dad because he was fighter, remember? You told me that once,? Gavin reminded the ex-pilot of her Dozen days. ?You told me you didn?t realize you loved him until the battle of Coruscant. When you realized you might lose him. Dad told me?he told me that he loved you the moment he saw you. He said he saw your strength?your light.

?What happened to the woman he fell in love with?? Gavin grabbed his mother by the shoulders, forcing her to look at him. ?What happened to my mother??

The teenager was crying by now, hating the joke fate had paid on him. His father, his hero, was dead. His mother was a shell of the fighter she had once been.

?And now?I don?t even know who I am,? Gavin continued through his tears. ?The Vong will keep coming, and I?m not Dad. I?m not like him, no matter how much people think that. Dad was a survivor, and he was never afraid. And now??

Gavin?s voice trailed off, before he whispered the last of the sentence.

?I?m terrified.?

Nivea stared at her son, tears welling in her eyes. She tried to look away, and Gavin released his hold. He continued to cry as he left the room.

?Gavin??

The voice was raw and raspy; as if from years of lack of speak. Nivea Durron cleared her throat a little, and frowned, as if trying to remember how to use her vocal chords.

?Gavin?? She spoke a little clearer this time, more of the rich voice that used to sing Gavin to sleep. It was the voice that laughed as Kyp Durron spun his wife around after the victory of the battle of Coruscant. It was the voice Gavin loved.

?Mom?? Gavin turned and practically ran to her. ?What it is, Mom??

?Gavin, do you know why I sit here each day?? Nivea asked her son.

When Gavin shook her head, she continued, ?When your father died?it was because of me.?

Gavin opened his mouth, and then closed it, wisely choosing to hold his tongue.

?Nom Anor?he tried to kill me,? Nivea continued. ?He whipped me on the back what seemed like a thousand times before your father managed to cut his hand off. I remember watching as Kyp tried to tell me to run?to get the Dozen and leave. And I remember telling him that I?d never leave him. So he told me?to think about you. To remember that I had a son. And then he said to tell you that he loved you.?

Gavin nodded, tears streaming down his face.

?I ran for my X-Wing, and I watched as Nom Anor ran your father?s own lightsaber through his stomach,? Nivea flinched at the memory.

Nivea Durron reached into a drawer in her dresser and pulled out a silver box. She gave it to Gavin and motioned for him to open it. Gavin opened the small rectangle and pulled out a metal cylinder. There were several lines of black blood in the handle from the hundreds of Vong it had slain, as well as some human blood from the palm it had cut into for so many years. Gavin flicked on the switch of the lightsaber, and the deep violet blade hummed to life. Gavin brought the blade close to his face, studying the eerie glow.

Nivea watched her son in silence, before adding, ?He would have wanted you to have it.?

Gavin nodded and snapped his father?s lightsaber to his belt.

?You?re weak on the left,? Jacen Solo motioned to his niece as he lowered his lightsaber. Kay Fel sighed in frustration.

?I?m sorry, it?s just a little hard fighting a Jedi Master here, Uncle Jacen,? Kay complained, lowering her own green blade as well. ?And I?ve bee

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.