main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

I feel cheated

Discussion in 'Archive: Games' started by SoloCommand, Apr 17, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SoloCommand

SoloCommand Manager Emeritus & GTA Coruscant Developer star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 15, 2001
    I know what you're thinking...
    It's another thread devoted to cheats, whup-de-doo.
    You'd be wrong, Cheats are for Hax0rs. If I had a pound for the number of bozo's I've banned from my CS server for Hacking and using Aimbots I'd be Bill Gates.

Anyway, it's my first games thread since June 02, and it's devoted to the low points in gaming life, be it on or off the desktop.

The times when you really felt like sending an offensive e-mail to Peter Molyneux, or making another Genesis (or Mega Drive) controller sized hole in your floor.

Times like...
    • ...when you realised that the Black and White Game Sleeve was reversable, and you'd just shelled out £60 for both the Black and White copies
    • ...when you realised that you should have found Agent Navarre's killswitch
    • ...when you spoiled yourself as to Aeris fate in FF7 before actually playing the sequence
    • ...when you found out that there was a 'TALKIE' version of Day of the Tentacle, and you'd just spent £20 on the floppy disk version
    • ...when you realised that Commandos was more impossible than you can possibly imagine
    • ...when you actually spent £30 on buying Jedi Power Battles
    • ...when you thought that Voodoo Cards were going somewhere
    • ...when you thought that Jedi Outcast would be better than Jedi Knight
    • ...when you realised that you'd just spent 3 years hyping about Daikatana and realised that it was'nt all that good
    • ...when you actually thought that Duke Nukem Forever would actually come out
    • ...when you find out that Lag is actually on YOUR side
    • ...when you realised Terra could make a better game than anything you ever came up with
    • ...when you're Terra and you realise that SC can complete the game you deemed impossible

2. jp-30

jp-30 Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2000
    When you don't stock up on ammo and medkits in Indy Jones & the Infernal Machine to be able to eventually buy the secret 'Return to Peru' map (level) only to discover you get it for free at the end of the game anyway. [face_plain]

When you get to the end of the TPM game, and force push Maul down the hole without ever locking lightsabers. Mind you that was just as funny as the rest of that game, which is LEC's funniest since Sam & Max.

When you finally give in and read a walkthrough in Monkey Island 5, only to find you're stuck because of a bug in the game, and you ARE supposed to be able to get the symbols with the banana picker.

When you show a friend "You don't know Jack" and they beat you, first time.

3. Koala3K

Koala3K Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 23, 2003
    I can identify with finding out the lag's on my side. Sometimes, you just can't play JK2 MP with a 31.2k modem.

But don't forget--

? When you destroy the last villain in Bounty Hunter in a minute or two.

? When you loan some kid the Indy Atlantis manual and he yoinks it and you have to buy a new copy of the game because you have to get the secret code from the manual to unlock the game to install it.

? When LucasArts makes Dark Forces and JK2 for Mac, but refuses to do the same for Jedi Knight and Jedi Academy.

? When the big Dark Forces map you spend forever downloading on a 31.2k modem doesn't even work.

? When you reccommend a game to a friend, and he downloads it off Kazaa instead of buying it.

? When a competitor steals your operating system, gives it a makeover, and puts it on every PC to be sold in the next 10 years. (This one has never happened to me, but I am suffering from it nonetheless)

? When you realize you can't take points off the JK2 MP Force select screen without a two-button mouse, even though it's a Mac game and no Mac ships with a two-button mouse.

? When you spend forever trying to beat Arcade mode of "Masters of Teras Kasi" on a specific character, just to see the cool victory movie, and it's just a picture and some words.

? When you buy Syphon Filter 3, in a two-disc case, and it's only one disc.

? When you buy "Chicken Run" for PS1.

? When the rating information for "Hitman 2" says it's rated M for blood, violence, and strong sexual content, and it turns out that there is no strong sexual content in the game, at all.

? When you can't put an action figure in the pose shown in all the press photos.

? When Greedo shoots first.

? When you realize that "Jedi Power Battles" is just a more intense version of the TPM game, and you thought you had to go on s00per s3cr3t Jedi missions.

? When a friend steals a "Ghetto Batman" screenplay from your home, marks it all up and writes "THIS IS FUNNY" on all the funny parts, and shares it with his friend circle without ever returning it to you.

? When the Yoda fight lasts about twenty seconds.

The enb.

--Koala3K

4. Sithman

Sithman Jedi Grand Master star 7

Jul 6, 1999
    I never thought about that 2-button mouse thing for Outcast for Mac. [face_laugh]

5. RogueOutcast

RogueOutcast Jedi Youngling

Apr 15, 2003
    Koala3k: Two button mouses are available for mac, I have a mac myself :( .
    I was thinking about getting JK2 in a few days, but if I have to buy a new mouse for around $100 for the game to fulfil its potential...im having second thoughts.

-----------------------------------------------

-When you unload two Thompson clips into a germans back without him even turning around till your reloading for the second time..then to get killed by one pistol bullet.

6. Master Salty

Master Salty Jedi Grand Master star 6

Apr 18, 1999
    The worst for me happened while I was playing Mysteries of the Sith. I was trying to beat Kyle and I turned my saber off by accident. The game ended right then. I was extremely pissed off. That was the worst way ever to beat a game.

[face_plain]

7. Sithman

Sithman Jedi Grand Master star 7

Jul 6, 1999
    I agree. I spent forever trying to kill him, then when I thought that it must be a glitch that he couldnt' be killed, I was gonna just load my game again, but I decided to punch Kyle a bunch for fun before I loaded my game.

You know what happened. :p

8. Master Salty

Master Salty Jedi Grand Master star 6

Apr 18, 1999
    [face_laugh]

That has got to be the worst boss fight ever at the end of a game.

9. Jedi_Learner

Jedi_Learner Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 10, 2002
    "...when you actually thought that Duke Nukem Forever would actually come out"

I forgot all about that! That trailer released two years ago still looks impressive, but if they can't release the game soon I guess it will suffer the same fate as Daikatana.

10. Jomero

Jomero Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 3, 1999
    When you figure out that Uncle Anton in XWA is the bad guy long before they come out and say it, and when he pisses you off by leaving you for dead at Kessel.... and you beat the game only to find out that the Uncle Anton subplot is left hanging in limbo and you will never, ever, EVER be able to extract your revenge on him.

When Force Commander was nothing like you hoped and spent 50 bucks on a game that you ended up only playing an hour.

11. Iron_Fist

Iron_Fist Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 30, 2003
    When you hear that Warcraft III can be toned down to work on lower spec computers, and even after you lower the effects, it still crashes 3 times a day, at the point where you're about to save.

12. Koala3K

Koala3K Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 23, 2003
    I know that two-button mice are available for Mac, but no Mac *ships* with them, so I don't know why the makers would assume that all Macs have two-button mice in making their game thing.

--Koala3K

P.S. Sithy, I still have a mission to kill you again and again next time we meet on the JK2 servers.

13. RogueOutcast

RogueOutcast Jedi Youngling

Apr 15, 2003
    True.

Are you sure there is no way to take it off?
    Have you tried control and click, or apple and click?
    Or your secondary fire button?
    You probaly already have.
    What do you think of Aspyr?

----------
    Back to being cheated..

When Aspyr dont port BF42.

14. Antilles2001

Antilles2001 Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 20, 2001
    I felt so cheated when I found out how crappy Agent Under Fire was. Bad Graphics (well, most of the time,), Everything is operated with a big, flashing green button, the stupidest plot/storyline (hard to follow,too), and Bond isn't the suave 00 Agent we all know and love, instead, he is an ugly old man. The only good thing in the game were how realistic the boobs were, and the driving missions.

15. Mr_Burt_Bacharach

Mr_Burt_Bacharach Jedi Youngling

Feb 14, 2001
    When you realize you've devouted your life to video games that, while made by dedicated, often talented individuals, are still limited in overall innovation and creativity by the marketing departments of corporations that care absolutely nothing for art or yourself.

16. ezekiel22x

ezekiel22x Chosen One star 5

Aug 9, 2002
    When you lose a Street Fighter II or Mortal Kombat II matchup. Wait a minute, that's never happened to me.

17. DarthLuxor

DarthLuxor Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 20, 2000
    *Repeatly getting my @$$ kicked by Lu Bu in a duel in Dynasty Warriors 4

*Having to adjust the camera yourself in Dynasty Warriors 4

*Buying PSO for XBox to play offline with my wife to find out that you MUST HAVE LIVE before you can play OFFLINE

*Not having enough hours in the day to play anymore

*Some 3-D genres are still unplayable ie platforms

18. Invid_Clone

Invid_Clone Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 14, 2002
    When you beat The Clone Wars in less than a day.

When Z.O.E.: 2nd Runner is 1) cel shaded, 2) Nearly as easy as its predecessor, 3) has attrocious dubbing.

When you're hoping The Getaway will be as kick-ass as GTA3 and instead you're put through a so-so british gangster flick with lousy control and the cheapest healing system I have ever seen in a game.

19. JustSaber

JustSaber Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 17, 2003
    I SO agree with you about Anton. That really ticked me off. It was such a great game too. A re-make please?!?!? Here's my list: 1) Waiting for Bounty Hunter to come out then renting it and beating it in 4 school days. 2) Buying the Clone Wars for Gamecube and then LucasArts announces the Xbox version with Xbox Live and extra features. 3) Getting to the last level on the Infernal Machine and losing your saves because your PC crashed--twice. 4) Ditto the Peru map.

20. the_chosen_two

the_chosen_two Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 23, 2003
    ...when in the game Soul Reaver (PSX,DC) your starting to get into it and then when you see a cut-scene it shows you about to fight Kain (enemy boss). You then get pumped to fight him and then once you are ready to begin it goes with a ...

TO BE CONTINUED :(

Then the sequel isnt even as good [face_plain]

21. SoloCommand

SoloCommand Manager Emeritus & GTA Coruscant Developer star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 15, 2001
    I SO agree with you about Anton

I hear that, my very first thread in games back when I was a n00b, ran along the lines...

'XWA is unfinished tripe. Discuss.'

22. Iron_Fist

Iron_Fist Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 30, 2003
    If I were here then, then I would definitely have posted a lot to that. And complained. Loudly and repetitively. Like everyone else. I really felt cheated after finishing XWA and not being able to space Anton (forgot to put it in earlier).

23. Miin_Bodenna

Miin_Bodenna Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 7, 2002
    When your counterstrike game didn't come with a CD-Key.

24. Invid_Clone

Invid_Clone Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 14, 2002
    IIRC, the Counter-Strike CD key should be on the CD case cover. Now, if you bought CS used and/or without the CD case or its cover, you're S.O.L. Your best option would be to get yourself a copy of Half-Life, and (if you have broadband) download CS from the Net (go to www.counter-strike.net for all available mirrors) and use its cd key to access WON. Once you input one valid CD key from HL or any of its expansion packs, you're all set to play online.

25. Terra

Terra Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 25, 2000
    ...when you realised Terra could make a better game than anything you ever came up with
    ...when you're Terra and you realise that SC can complete the game you deemed impossible

Yay, mentions!

* When you're SoloCommand and you get beaten in JK by me again...and again....and again...and again.....and again....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.