main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

I feel like such a nerd

Discussion in 'Archive: Big Brother 3: The Mods Strike Back' started by Terr_Mys, Oct 13, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Terr_Mys

Terr_Mys Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 19, 2002
    So, I just got back from a math team competition. And our school took first place, out of eleven. For the first time in five years. The questions were wicked easy, but still. :)

On the bus ride home, though, we were doing various trivia questions when someone asked for SW trivia. I promptly complied by asking questions...to which no one knew the answers. :( Come on... "What is Padmé's real last name?"; that's child's play.

2. Darth-Seldon

Darth-Seldon Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 17, 2003
    My school had a math league competion today as well. All my friends were going but I could not make it.

I'm more into Model Legislature, Academic Decathlon and Newspaper. Yeah I guess that sounds geeky. But it is not like I don't have a social life.
    Not that there is anything wrong with not having a social life.

I don't know. Congradulations on the score. From what I understand those Math League things are real tough.
    I'm not the best math student but everyone who takes those tests at the competitions always say how difficult it was.

-Seldon

3. Darth_AYBABTU

Darth_AYBABTU Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 8, 2001

In the ninth grade, I was in this advanced math class with a bunch of "gifted" weirdos. We all had to take a qualifying test and the top 4 scores were going to be selected to be a team at some competition. It was a forgone conclusion that this redheaded freak, Brandon, was going to make the highest score, as he was the resident math nerd / hideous freak from whom all girls ran. Well, I was the top score in the class, and he came in fifth. However, our teacher was an anti-social and self-described genius who blew off her last couple of years of high school so she could go to some freakish college. She hated me because I was smarter than she was and conservative, so she put Brandon on the team and left me off.

The team came in second. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

As far as winning these sorts of competitions, it is quite a wonderful feeling. I was on this thing called a "JETS" team my senior year. It was Junior Engineering something or another... I don't remember. Anyway, they lock the 8-person team in a room for three or four hours with this bizarre and abstract engineering test. I went to this underachieving spoiler of a high school, and we got no respect. The eight of us didn't take things very seriously, but we all fancied ourselves evil geniuses.

So we were up against a dozen or so teams, but the favorite was Shades Valley RLC. This is the place that only the gifted qualified to attend, and they took all advanced college prep work and thought they were really something.

They locked us in our room, but we quickly discovered a small access door to the adjacent room. We crawled through, naturally. There before us stood 6 of the most beautiful chicks of all time, and two dorks. Our neighbors were from Bob Jones, a private high school. We hung out with them for a couple of hours, played cards, told jokes, etc. We also did a substantial portion of their test for them, but we mostly just cut up.

Shades Valley came in third, to this day the only time they haven't won it, as far as I know. We won, of course.

We let Bob Jones come in second.

AYBABTU

4. YodaJeff

YodaJeff Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 18, 2001
    Rhett tells good stories. I want more!

5. Terr_Mys

Terr_Mys Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 19, 2002
    We had another math meet today. We came in second. I got 3 questions wrong. I suck. :(

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.