main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

I got expelled from school today for making a controversial film.

Discussion in 'Fan Films, Fan Audio & SciFi 3D' started by BrandonFlyte, Feb 27, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Antilles01

Antilles01 Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 5, 2001
    That makes me sick to hear what Matt said about his little sister facing suspension because the vice principle had differing political views.

2. Master_RIOT

Master_RIOT Jedi Youngling

Feb 1, 2005
    I stand corrected. What you just said makes more sense.

3. durbnpoisn

durbnpoisn TFN Staff Cast & Crew Database star 5 VIP

May 20, 2002

You're exactly right about all of that. That's where I was headed in saying things like "forcing others to join in". Any sort of harassment like that should be kept in check.

4. PatriotFilms

PatriotFilms Jedi Master star 1

Apr 26, 2005
    Regardless of whether we personally think he's right or wrong, I seriously doubt that any courtroom would uphold the right of a student to show homosexual videos in a class as part of his in-school freedom of speech. If they did, it would be a landmark case.

5. jbird69

jbird69 Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 11, 2000
    Do you miss class because your sick or you're playing hookey? And if it's the latter, how do you get away with taht? I was never able to get away with that when I went 10 years ago.

6. oingoboingo

oingoboingo Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 3, 2005
    This is the coolest thread ever.

We've got the heavyweights of TFN duking it out, right here, right now.

And the best part, they're duking it out over a <i>gay jock movie</i>.

I love this place.

Oingo

7. durbnpoisn

May 20, 2002
    He he he... I love it when the obscure perspective enters into the mix... :D

I would like to state two things, for the record:
    1. I am barely a TFN light-middle weight in all things that matter. Well, alright, the whole VIP thing might raise me a bit higher, just like the staff thing... But I am the most humble VIP/staffer of all those that have that rank.

2. I am a royally opinionated SOB outside of anything that deals with my standing at TFN. I would never do anything to put TFN in a bad light. I realize that I do work for them, and therefore represent them in many ways. So I am always cool. But that doesn't mean that I can't speak my mind about what I think is right or wrong. Or, more to the point, in this thread, simply speak about what's going on.

8. Ryan_W

Ryan_W VIP star 4 VIP

Aug 15, 2001

...because humble VIPs take the time to step in and point out that they are VIPs. ;)

9. S1thPunk

S1thPunk Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 8, 2005
    OMG LOL RLMFAO

10. Shadow_of_Evil

Shadow_of_Evil Jedi Grand Master star 6

Nov 18, 2001
    EDIT: On second thoughts...no.

11. Krintar

Krintar Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 10, 2004
    But you know someone else would have said "light-middle? But you're a VIP!!"
    Except probably with less capitalisation and more exclamation marks.

12. durbnpoisn

May 20, 2002

Right... Like you just did... [face_laugh]

Ryan, I like you man, I really do. But you are probably not the one to try and call my hand on that point.

13. Shadow_of_Evil

Shadow_of_Evil Jedi Grand Master star 6

Nov 18, 2001
    But you are probably not the one to try and call my hand on that point.

Hahaha. That's more or less the point I was making in my previous post...that I deleted.
    Good call Durbs :)

14. Ryan_W

Ryan_W VIP star 4 VIP

Aug 15, 2001

I never claimed to be humble.

15. durbnpoisn

May 20, 2002
    HaHa!! That's true!

16. Master-Indy

Master-Indy Jedi Youngling star 1

May 17, 2002
    Ok, I have been reading whis thread for a while now. Usually I am not writing much on this board and read more. But what happened here is something, that could only have happened in the USA (well, not only there but this is the stereotyp thing we in Europe have)!
    Brandon, you made a film which had that snuggle scene in it. The teacher ask you to remove it. (After seeing this scene on your site, I could not believe this! What was so bad about that scene?)
    Well, you obeyed his orders! I, knowing the story only from this forum and your site, also see that this is a class intern order. So you were free to show that scene in other classes.
    One thing that has been said here was the freedom of speech. I don't know if you in the US have freedom of art. Here in Germany we have something like this. And I would say, that if you have such a "human right" in the US, this is what has been voilated by your school.
    Another thing is, they expelled you from school for showing this very scene, even if nobody else had said, not showing this snuggle scene. I say expelled, because what would you call a transfer to another school where you can't say: "No!"?
    This, as is the story in the Oregonion, an abuse of the schools power. I don't know how old you are Brandon, but it is unfair to use this power against a pupil, who, even if he speaks the truth, is not liable in the eyes of the older people.

In my country, everything is different (well, at least now):
    Back at my school days, 5th grade, we had a poster of a nude woman in our class cupboard, the teacher noticed that and nothing happened.
    In the 8th grade, some pupil set the hair of a girl on fire, there was no punishment of all for that (even if he'd deserve that!)

I don't know what you are aiming for Brandon, but I hope, you will come out of this in a way, that the people believe you!

----
    "It is the policy of the West Linn/Wilsonville Board of Education and School District that there will be no
    discrimination or harassment on the grounds of race, color, sex, marital status, religion, national origin,
    age or disability in any educational programs, activities or employment. Persons having questions about
    equal opportunity and nondiscrimination should contact the Personnel Director at the
    West Linn/Wilsonville School District, 503-673-7000"

Source: http://www.wlhs.wlwv.k12.or.us/main.htm

17. Mircat

Mircat Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 3, 2005
    Is this really what we want to aspire too?

I'm not saying that Brandon's movie is anywhere akin to this btw.

- The Cat

18. TAAKIN_GRAND-MOFF

TAAKIN_GRAND-MOFF Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 18, 2004
    haha love the new banner

19. FruityTooty

FruityTooty Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 29, 2005
    Ha! Welcome home, son!

20. Master-Indy

May 17, 2002
    No, what I wanted to say with this is, that a major offensen like setting a girl's hair on fire doesn't get a punishment at all (well, in my country), while something ridiculous like a snuggle scene in a movie leads to expulsion.

21. TAAKIN_GRAND-MOFF

TAAKIN_GRAND-MOFF Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 18, 2004
    "that a major offensen like setting a girl's hair on fire doesn't get a punishment at all"

now where in the hell are you from again?

22. Master-Indy

May 17, 2002
    I am from Germany.

With no punishment I mean, the teacher called the parents of the pupil. There was a conference, the pupil said he would never do this again, and that was it!

23. FruityTooty

FruityTooty Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 29, 2005
    Ah, Germans.

24. BrandonFlyte

BrandonFlyte Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 12, 2004
    For those of you that haven't been checking my website, I am back in school as of Wednesday. I have to have basically perfect attendance for the rest of the year, but that's understandable. The meeting with the superintendent went alright. I showed up with two lawyers on either side of me and that kinda scared the superintendent and the administrators of my school, so we didn't talk about any litigations since their attorney wasn't there. Like I've said on my site, even though I'm back in school, there's no way in hell this is over, despite what the school wants. I'll have more updates later about the action I'll be taking against the school.

25. Khalor

Khalor Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 3, 2004
    Brandon, man, I'll be the first to say - and I'm sure there'll be many others after me - that you're back in - that should be it. The school's lost, essentially. You've won. So... don't push it. I can imagine how you've got to be feeling - I'd be pissed off and wanting 'revenge' after all that too, but... just be careful.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.