main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

I got to see the W today...

Discussion in 'Denver, CO' started by JediDragon, Nov 24, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JediDragon

JediDragon Jedi Master star 5

Mar 11, 2002
    Good times. I knew he was coming through (he was having some shindig at Ft. Carson b/c they've had 32 soldiers die in Iraq so far). I took my lunch at 11:00 involuntarily b/c we didn't have enough people in the shop for me to go at noon when I usually do.

We went to head back to the shop at 11:55 and the cops wouldn't let us out of the parking lot b/c GW's entourage was driving through soon, so we sat in my buddy's car for 30 minutes waiting. Then he finally drove through (right after I lit one up and had my cig hanging out the car window). I saw us and the guys standing next to our car and looked out the window and waved real big.

Yeah, I didn't get to actually meet him, but hey, how often does the President drive by YOUR house and wave at you? ;)

Good times. Also I got 30 extra minutes for lunch (well, we were sitting in the car waiting, but that's 30 more minutes I didn't have to be at work).

Jeebs bless you GWB!!

2. Imperial_Birrer

Imperial_Birrer Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 10, 2003
    So did the daft redneck put a gun rack in the back window of the presidential limo?

3. JediDragon

Mar 11, 2002
    I didn't see one, but the back window was tinted really well.

WATCH YOUR MOUTH CALL GW A DAFT REDNECK!!

er...yeah...maybe not. GW is my boy. end of story.

4. PtrsonsZOO

PtrsonsZOO Jedi Grand Master star 7

Jul 30, 2001
    Spent the first 12 years of my life in and around Andrews AFB... Been there, done that a ton :p

5. JediDragon

Mar 11, 2002
    well THANK you Zoo, for pissing on my parade! :p

;)

my parade remains untouched. it was good times. I've never seen a president in person before.

6. Jedi_Knight_Birr

Jedi_Knight_Birr Retired RSA star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 27, 2002
    thats neat that you got to see him. even better you got a longer lunch cause of him.

7. TK-4752

TK-4752 Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 20, 2002
    OHHHHH! I had to read all the posts in this thread to even figger out what the "W" even was.

Cool. :)

8. StarBlazer

StarBlazer Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 2, 2001
    Peh. He's a monkey. 8-} But if GW is your boy, you're entitled to that. Except for the title of 'boy'. I claim that. (ie, Ashley Lelie is my 'boy') ;)

*SB*

9. buffy_wine

buffy_wine Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 8, 2003
    Very cool. I didn't even know he was in CO right now.

10. Obi_Wannabe

Obi_Wannabe Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 17, 2002
    Hey, he likes him, he was excited to see him, good for him.

Remember we all decided not to engage in political or religious debate here, there's lots of places on the web to do that.

11. PtrsonsZOO

PtrsonsZOO Jedi Grand Master star 7

Jul 30, 2001
    Don't recall anything political about the conversation, just personal observation/opinion... And I think those are allowed :p

12. arrowheadpodracer

arrowheadpodracer Jedi Master star 5

Apr 9, 2002
    Cool for you JD. Very cool. :)

13. Jedi Girl of Corellia

Jedi Girl of Corellia Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 23, 2000
    No fair JD :( I only got to see pansy-ass-lacking-any-genetalia-so-I'm-compensating-with-a-beard-Gore drive by way back when [face_plain] (that's the only political statement I am going to make)

I have had the honor of meeting many high-profile people though :) And I say meet not watch them drive by. :p

I've gotten to dine with a Prince at my home(he brought me stickers! *squeals*), sit next to the guy who played Dr. Green on ER (this happened this weekend mind you), and some other people, like Colin Powell (I was just a baby at the time though) and um... yeah.

14. Grimby

Grimby Technical Consultant & Former Head Admin star 7 Staff Member Administrator

Apr 22, 2000
    hey, he's not just the president. he's also a client. ;)

15. Mistress

Mistress Jedi Knight star 6

Oct 28, 2002
    Kewl, JD. I saw his limo go by one of the last times he was up in Denver, and even though I couldnt really see anything, it still felt great.

16. yodaman12002

yodaman12002 Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 24, 2003
    saw his limo once in loveland, wish i could get away with driving that fast. cool for you to have had him wave

17. buffy_wine

buffy_wine Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 8, 2003
    I saw him in Loveland once too when he drove by. I thought it was pretty cool.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.