main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

I gotta give George credit

Discussion in 'Prequel Trilogy' started by BaronFel88, May 22, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BaronFel88

BaronFel88 Jedi Knight star 7

Jan 25, 2004
    I was nervous being with my dad as he watched AotC on FOX tonight, but he enjoyed it a lot, and is excited to see RotS. Considering he did not go in with the incredible scrutiny and expectations of a fan, he had no problems with the film (though not seeing TPM hurt a bit). The plot really intrigued him, and I have say with a completed saga, it looks really good.

2. WLDB

WLDB Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 11, 2004
    Same reaction with my dad. We watched TPM and AOTC last summer on DVD. I set him straight on why widescreen was better than fullscreen. He actually liked TPM. He found it weird that Darth Vader was a nice kid. Right after AOTC was over he asked me, "Do you have 3 yet?" I wish I did. was my responce.

3. BLACKJEBUS

BLACKJEBUS Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 9, 2002
    My buddy's girlfriend never saw any Star Wars before, so they watched TPM and she loved it. They went to AOTC in theatres and she loved it. She just saw ROTS this weekend and she loved it, but is devastated that all those characters died, Anakin turned bad and was disfigured and the villains won!

Apparently she has wanted to watch the OT for a long time, but has been holding off until the PT is completed.

I guess she is really pumped to watch the OT now!

Yes, George deserves credit - he knows how to tell a story.

4. thegoldeneel

thegoldeneel Jedi Youngling

May 22, 2005
    Agreed, I truly love all six of these films. He constantly suprised me, I wasn't too big a fan of ROTJ until the prequels added a much needed depth to the most of the scnes scenes and now after ROTS I think that ROTJ is equal quality with the rest of the films. I truly am thanful that these movies were made.

5. LovedAnakin

LovedAnakin Jedi Youngling star 2

May 21, 2005
    Did anyone notice that anakin, in episodes II and III, is constantly staring out at the sky or into space (like he is in deep thought or meditation)just like the how Darth vader constantly does on his ship in episodes IV, V and VI?
    I really appreciate the consistancy George Lucas had. It really helps in connecting the younger anakin to darth vader. Any thoughts on that?

6. Panaka_kicked_Padme

Panaka_kicked_Padme Jedi Youngling star 1

May 31, 2005
    I agree. I always get the idea that in the early episodes anakin has high expectations for his future. As vader i cant help but noticing a certain amount of regret he has

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.