main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

I guess I going to do a costume but I need help please?

Discussion in 'Denver, CO' started by chunk_the_jawa, Mar 25, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. chunk_the_jawa

chunk_the_jawa Jedi Knight star 5

Feb 8, 2002
    I going to do darth maul cause hes cool and the sith of the group are out numbered.
    I have my kung fu gi that I'm going to rob the pants from as they are baggy and light weight and have elastic at both the waist and legs . I'm going to do some thrift store shopping for a top more fiting of maul I will dye the both black to match . I then need to work on horns. I think balsa wood would work well as its light weightand easy to carve. my big problem is I cant sew and neither can mrs jawa , so if somebody could help me out with a cloak I would be very very happy. then I figured some of those boots from the place obay wann talked about ? what was the name? and I would be done.
    well except a hilt but I can scrounge something up.

2. PtrsonsZOO

PtrsonsZOO Jedi Grand Master star 7

Jul 30, 2001
    I have a pattern for a robe that would work for your Jawa garb. Then you just need to sling a belt over your shoulder, black gloves, black your face (w/ make up or scrap fabric) & get some welder's goggles (not to mention your creeper). You could also try the costume shops on Broadway for a robe.

3. chunk_the_jawa

Feb 8, 2002
    the bad thing about the jawa is I would have to be put in a stationary spot cause it would be hard to move around.

4. PtrsonsZOO

PtrsonsZOO Jedi Grand Master star 7

Jul 30, 2001
    Try Flossy McGrew's for a cloak, they had all kinds of them the last time I was there.

The Sportsmen's Guide is where we got the boots. I forget the website, but if you search with the title it'll come up.

5. Joseph_Orion

Joseph_Orion Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2001
    those boots were called "Nazi Goosesteppers" or they sounded like that anyway. I can't remember the name of the store though, hopefully good ol' OW sees this thread

6. chunk_the_jawa

Feb 8, 2002
    how much do you think it will run me? and where is this floosy's at?

7. Joseph_Orion

Nov 9, 2001
    I believe he said something about 12-15-20 dollars lol I can't quite remember but very inexpensive boots. But you have to have a certain calf size i think.

8. chunk_the_jawa

Feb 8, 2002
    yea I remeberd the calf size was an issue.

9. kitarusapien

kitarusapien Former RMFF CR star 6 VIP

Nov 19, 2001
    Not fer you, CHUNKLESS! And yes, the boots were twenty dollars....

10. Joseph_Orion

Nov 9, 2001
    I want to go as a bounty hunter but maybe i'll do that at the premiere, i'm not going to buy 5 million dollars worth of boba fett stuff just to look like something out of the movies... And I want to be a BH who carries a lightsaber, and I want to kill a few of you in a skit... lol

11. chunk_the_jawa

Feb 8, 2002
    what do you think of balsa for my horns boss?

12. Joseph_Orion

Nov 9, 2001
    are you gonna shave your head too?

13. kitarusapien

Nov 19, 2001
    The balsa is probably the way to go, CHUNK, and if you build up the horn bases with a material called Microballoon, you can lay a thin coat of epoxy on the horn base, let it dry thoroughly, and then use a thin layer of contact cement to attach them to your head just before final painting of your face and head. This way they are really light, they can be heavily detailed(dry-brushed), and removal will be less irratating to your skin than the epoxy putty. You might also try a semi-hardening silicon rubber to hold the horns on....that's what they use for medical leads, but they are usually only good for one sticking, and no reattaching. Also, see if you can get the CF double saber....it really is the best for the money....we can modify it if needed for light.

14. chunk_the_jawa

Feb 8, 2002
    yepers bald no hair .

15. kitarusapien

Nov 19, 2001
    "and I want to kill a few of you in a skit!"......how's it feel to want, JO? {;->

16. chunk_the_jawa

Feb 8, 2002
    cf saber? man you forgeting I dont have a job?
    I had thought about trying to make my own.
    dont be surprised if I keep asking about the horns.

17. JediDragon

JediDragon Jedi Master star 5

Mar 11, 2002
    you could look online and find some of those contacts that change your eye color (If you got those I would get them asap so you can get used to having them in your eye if you don't already wear contacts). If you already wear contacts, that might be out, b/c I think to get those perscription is pretty expensive.

18. Joseph_Orion

Nov 9, 2001
    feels great. I want to skewer some Jedi. I've always loved the Dark Side...none of this peace loving crap, we must all hate each other, be greedy with our money and belongings and kill the competition. Yeah lol

19. chunk_the_jawa

Feb 8, 2002
    this could get expensive fast.

20. kitarusapien

Nov 19, 2001
    CRAP! That's right....skip that.....ok, go to your nearest cubby-hole and find a length of cardboard tubing(2ft), Elmers glue, and plastic wrap.....coat the tube in Elmers lightly, and wrap tightly in the plastic wrap with the ends open until the glue fully cures(then remove the plastic wrap)...then go somewhere and get two little teeny round mirrors to put in the ends as emitters....mount them on foam or some cardboard blocking material. Then install fake gems in the hilt at strategic locations along it's length. Apply a support clip on one end, select a nice, dull metallic colour for the hilt and have at it! Use images of Maul's hilt to finish the piece, and use either epoxy putty and/or Microballoon paste to do any build-up areas since they are both easy to carve.

21. chunk_the_jawa

Feb 8, 2002
    I got a cardborad blade already just didnt want to make us look bad by using it.
    I will bring it with me to the meeting . I could definatly doctor it up.

22. kitarusapien

Nov 19, 2001
    Yea, don't worry 'bout the blades, just concentrate on a nice hilt, bro.....

23. chunk_the_jawa

Feb 8, 2002
    I had made a bow out of heavy card board tubing and painted it to look like a double sided saber I messed with it a couple time but its been for ever since I really done any kata's with a bow so I felt like a tool and now it collects dust.

24. kitarusapien

Nov 19, 2001
    If you could find a metal shop with some scrap aluminum tube, that would be the way to go, bro....shouldn't be more than ten bucks for a two foot piece. You could use epoxy putty and those mirrors I mentioned before to finish off a nice hilt.

25. darth_hair

darth_hair Jedi Master star 5

May 8, 2001
    JEDI PILOT MADE A COOL SABER FROM THE PLANS AT BIG YELLOW BOX . THEY ARE CHEAP TO MAKE BUT THEY LOOK GREAT . I JUST WANTED TO HAVE TIME TO FINNISH MY COSTUME BEFORE THE CELEBRATION .

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.