main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

I guess i just have some questions about life in general

Discussion in 'Denver, CO' started by Qui-Gone-Drinkin, Oct 28, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Qui-Gone-Drinkin

Qui-Gone-Drinkin Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 12, 2002
    lets see...

do you believe in fate?

do you believe in love (like falling in love, not family love)?

do you believe in heaven and/or hell?

2. PtrsonsZOO

PtrsonsZOO Jedi Grand Master star 7

Jul 30, 2001
    Is someone taking a philosophy class?

3. Obey Wann

Obey Wann Former RMFF CR & SW Region RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 14, 2000
    do you believe in fate? --yup. the Force is strong with this one. It is your dessssstiny. [face_devil]

do you believe in love (like falling in love, not family love)? --Yup. I'm in it. Deep. Happily. [face_love]

do you believe in heaven and/or hell? --Yup. And i'd prefer to go upstairs, you know?

That was difficult, now wasn't it? :p

4. PtrsonsZOO

Jul 30, 2001
    I'll have a real answer tomorrow, too tired right now

5. spikealus

spikealus Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 30, 2002
    the fate q- I like to think, we create our own fate, but I probably change my mind tomorrow or when the mood suits me

oh, on the love issue-definately, it has to be more than a chemical reaction b/w people. I believe you should fall in love as often as you can. There are some people in my life now I have fallen a little in love with, sweet torture. [face_love]

"poor is the man, who's pleasures depend on the permission of another."

and finally, certainly not in the least- heaven or/and hell, yes they exist but can't exist without each other. I am into balance, too much of one thing well frankly, is boring to me. I'm comfortable w/ both their existances.

okay, letting out the hot air now. hope that is interesting or helpful for you.

6. Qui-Gone-Drinkin

Qui-Gone-Drinkin Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 12, 2002
    actually im not taking a philosophy class... but this is just general stuff that i think about all the time... fun eh?

destiny.. well i sort of believe in it, sort of dont... i guess some things seem destined to happen but a lot of it happens by chance... like you meet certain people by destiny but what happens is up to you...

falling in love... im not so much of a believer since ive never experienced it and im in that whole "its just a chemical reaction, and pheromones cause the feelings, and its all so we can genetically reproduce" and after enough time together, anyone can feel close like family, which is why some people stay together for years... and why after that passion periods over, some people dont stay together,

im not sure whether i do or not, i believe in balance too, but if heaven and hell are opposites in balance, what is earth, an opposite to both? i dont know... sometimes it'd seem easier to know that i wouldnt exist at all after death. then i wouldnt have to worry about existing forever (something about that scares me)... and if heaven is perfect, wouldnt it get boring after a while? cause without the sour, the sweet aint as sweet... so if everythigns great, then wouldnt everything become mediocre? i dont know, im young... i dont know why i think about all this stuff yet...

at least i aint afraid to die. lol

7. PtrsonsZOO

Jul 30, 2001
    Destiny - I honestly believe that there is something to be said for Destiny, however, I do believe that our actions & attitudes influence that outcome on a constant basis. Somethings do appear to be a phenomenon of Fate, but they wasy react to those things determine our Destiny. Afterall, Destiny is only the place you are at the end of the road. Life, on the other hand, is in constant motion and although certain events can shape that path, they are not the path itself. Or to quote the master "Difficult to see, the future is, always in motion." :D

Love - Yes, I do happen to believe in it, though I am no longer a practioner of it. I've experienced it and believe that it is an amazing phenomenon. However, I also believe that it doesn't happen as often as the marriage/divorce rates would indicate. TOo often people convince themselves that caring or infatuation is "true love," when in fact that particular pleasure is not as common as plastic forks. I believe that true and honest love is so much more than caring, attraction and companionship. I have all of those things in one relationship, but we are not in love w/ each other. True love is not an easy thing, it takes work and committment and dedication, and sacrifice and most people simply do not understand the real nature of making that kind of thing a success.

Sorry, I didn't mean to get all militant, but I've seen the idea of love distorted so much over the years that I honestly believe it belittles the real act.

Heaven/Hell - To be perfectly honest, the only part of the afterlife concept that I agree w/ is "and unto the earth you shall return." I believe that when we die we all become one w/ something so much larger than we are as we live. We live on in the way that we have affected the lives of others. I live my life under that principle, because when I am on my death bed I want to know that my life made a difference in the world, that I wasn't just taking up space. I can't live my life based on a concept that if I don't behave by a certain set of unwritten rules that I get punished when I die. Where is the real incentive there? You're already dead when the punishment comes, so what's the point of behaving by these so-called rules.

If I neglect to provide for my nieces and nephews when they are in my care, I am hurting them not just now, but later in life as well. It could easily effect generations of children! So, when I try to think of things in the terms of heaven & hell, it just seems to pale in the comparison of something like that.

See, you ask a serious question and you'll get a volume. [face_blush]

8. BountyHunter-Firefly

BountyHunter-Firefly Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 27, 2002
    Destiny - Yes. Everyone has a destination; your life and the choices you make determine how long and what struggles you face to get there. There's no set route for anyone. I think the only time in life when anyone knows anything is in death.

Love - Yes. I've been in love. I did want to marry her someday. Circumstances dictated otherwise. It's probably just as easy to fall out of love as to fall into it.

Heaven/Hell - Yes. I hope to accomplish what noone else, except for maybe Gilbert Godfreid, could ever accomplish - get kicked out of Hell. It sounds impossible, but it might not be as hard as you would think.

I hope I have enlightened your day. Take care, bye bye then.

9. JediDragon

JediDragon Jedi Master star 5

Mar 11, 2002
    I've avoided questions like these in the groups as sometimes religious differences may alter people's view of each other...

10. PtrsonsZOO

Jul 30, 2001
    Couldn't happen, we already think you're a nutball. ;)

11. Jedi Girl of Corellia

Jedi Girl of Corellia Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 23, 2000
    This is a can of worms I do not wish to burden you all with. :D

12. cyodarun

cyodarun Retired RMFF CR star 4

Apr 23, 2002
    Hmmmmmmmmm........

Destiny - yep, I think we all have a path, just too often we choose the wrong fork in the road and have to wander around for a bit, with a little luck we get there....

Love - yep, incredible, it is....when it is true.....much work as well, with equal rewards......

Heaven and Hell??? - not big on that sort of thing, but I suppose we will all find out if we get there.....

13. EmprsHandMick

EmprsHandMick Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 7, 2001
    Destiny- Yes, though I tend to think it's more specific and defined for some people than for others. For some it dictates most of their lives, for others it barely touches it.
    Love- Oh yes, finally experiencing it too. A wonderful thing.
    Heaven/Hell- Yep, purgatory too just to round it out :)

14. arrowheadpodracer

arrowheadpodracer Jedi Master star 5

Apr 9, 2002
    Do I believe in:

Fate/Destiny-Yes & No.

Love-Yes & No.

Heaven/Hell-Yes & No.

It's all relative.

15. darth_hair

darth_hair Jedi Master star 5

May 8, 2001
    do you believe in fate? not really

do you believe in love (like falling in love, not family love)? yes

do you believe in heaven and/or hell? no , i believe in here where i am , what i can see .

16. kitarusapien

kitarusapien Former RMFF CR star 6 VIP

Nov 19, 2001
    FATE? We are all fated by our own wills, or lack there of.

LOVE? Again, true love is an act of will.

HEAVEN OR HELL? Used to belive that.....now it's more like the ending on "The Black Hole" where your eternity is fated by your previous life, although if John Edwards has it right, the afterlife is nothing more than some otherworldly dimension where reality is cast off in an ethereal sense.....he seems to suggest that bonds remain, but mistakes and torment are dismissed wholly.....interesting.

17. JediDragon

JediDragon Jedi Master star 5

Mar 11, 2002
    fate: no. the only meaning in your life is the meaning YOU give it.

love: yes. not like love at first sight, or anything mystical or supernatural, but the feeling of loving someone.

heave/hell: no. some people thing the belief that there's no afterlife would be depressing, but it's actually quite relaxing and somewhat uplifting (at least to me).

18. SITH__CHICK

SITH__CHICK Former RMFF CR star 7

Mar 25, 2002
    Fate? I think it could be called a lot of things.

Love? Well of course, it's that feeling of thinking of that person all day. Getting butterflies when you do. Just happy to sit in the same room with someone, even if your not talking. I could go on forever about this one.

Heaven and/or Hell? That's a tough one. I like to believe there is a higher, kinder Power To Be, but if there is why would there be Hell? Aren't we there already? I can talk on this forevr too, so I'll leave it at this.

Oh, SS I'm not even going to read your post when it comes to this topic. I don't have a year to waste :p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.