main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

A/V SOLO: A Star Wars Story (untagged spoilers allowed)

Discussion in 'Literature' started by CooperTFN, Jul 9, 2015.

1. Havac

Havac Former Moderator star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 29, 2005
    Yeah, I mean . . . Lando. Donald Glover as Lando. It's perfect. It's Lando.

HOW CAN YOU NOT BE EXCITED FOR LANDO?

2. Daneira

Daneira Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 30, 2016
    It's weird... I have a very complicated relationship with everything that's happened since April 2014. I had no interest in TFA, but i'm really excited about Rogue One. The difference is that TFA is absolutely contradictory to the EU, but there were so many conflicting stories about the Death Star plans that Rogue One being a new approach to that doesn't bother me. I'm imagining that the Han movie isn't going to follow the Crispin/Daley stuff, so right now I don't really care about it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. AdmiralWesJanson

AdmiralWesJanson Force Ghost star 5

May 23, 2005
    Between Donald Glover as LAndo, Joel McHale in a new series, when are these people going to find time to do the Community Movie? Priorities, people!

4. Ulicus

Ulicus Lapsed Moderator star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 24, 2005
    I have no interest in this film at all as a concept. It feels like the laziest choice that isn't a Boba Fett film, and -- while it was always going to happen -- I'm not convinced audiences are ready for a new guy to step into Han's shoes.

It's going to take a trailer before I genuinely wake up to it.

Glover's a great choice, though. I hope Colt 45 capitalise on this opportunity.

5. BobaMatt

BobaMatt TFN EU Staff star 7 VIP

Aug 19, 2002
    I think it's going to be hard to be properly stoked for this movie until we have a hint of what it's going to be, though the team working on it is certainly shaping up to be very promising.

I still want Lando in Episode VIII please.

6. SilentGuy66

SilentGuy66 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 1, 2014
    I keep wondering whether this film will try to justify it's existence to the fans by somehow showing that Han survived TFA?

2 hours of a young Han (not at all like Harrison Ford's portrayal I bet)......then as an after credit scene we flash forward to the TFA and see Han escape Starkiller Base with a lightsaber through his chest :p

Darth Basin likes this.
  7. Rax

Rax Jedi Master star 3

May 1, 2015
    I'm sorta excited for the movie, it will be fun to see it, but still there were a lot of other choices lucasfilm could have done. I like the casting we're getting on this movie though.

8. Taalcon

Taalcon Chosen One star 4

Jul 12, 1998
    I do find it funny the pronouncements of how lazy this story apparantly is while knowing literally nothing about the story being told, except involving 3 known characters.

9. TalonCard

TalonCard •Author: Slave Pits of Lorrd •TFN EU Staff star 5 VIP

Jan 31, 2001
    I could see where this movie sounded like kind of a bad idea in the early rumors stages, as though all you needed to say was "Han Solo movie" and it was automatically going to be awesome. But every announcement so far has demonstrated that they're making all the right choices. Miller and Lord can make anything work. Kasdan and son are writing the script. Alden Ehrenreich tucked his role in Hail Caesar under his arm like a football and ran away with the entire movie. People were going crazy about Donald Glover playing young Lando before he was even cast. The only remaining element is to see if the film will be able to successfully capture the look and feel of a pre-ANH galaxy in the same way that Rogue One has.

Say what now?! How did I miss this movie?

TC

CnlSandersdeKFC, CooperTFN and Kylun like this.
  10. BobaMatt

Aug 19, 2002
    And considering that Rogue One has, we have no reason to doubt it will.

What I'm most curious about is what is this movie besides "the Han Solo movie." I think casting Glover as Lando gives us a good idea - it's going to be a romp.

CnlSandersdeKFC likes this.
  11. JediMara77

JediMara77 Force Ghost star 4

Mar 5, 2004
    Hopefully this will be Scoundrels: The Movie.

12. Master_Rebado

Master_Rebado Chosen One star 6

May 31, 2004
    Thread title is quite accurate for me

Iron_lord and revan772 like this.
  13. Cynical_Ben

Cynical_Ben Force Ghost star 4

Aug 12, 2013
    You know, a romp is exactly what they need to do in order to diversify the Star Wars film concept. It took Marvel until when, Guardians of the Galaxy to do anything like that? For the fourth film in the Disney/Lucasfilm era to be a straight action-comedy would be a fantastic indication of how diverse they're being with the ideas, themes and tones for the films that are coming out.

14. seventhbeacon

seventhbeacon Jedi Knight star 3

Dec 3, 2015
    I hear Papa George is helping with the script! He's got a really emotional scene planned for Lando, too. Check out some of the dialogue!

[​IMG]

15. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998

I have mixed feelings on that. Sure, it could be amazing, but back in the 80's we thought it would be amazing to see Anakin turn into Vader. The truth can disappoint. Some things are better left to the imagination.

16. General_Leia_Organa

General_Leia_Organa Jedi Knight star 3

Feb 23, 2016
    I care...
    [​IMG]

I'll care a lot more when we know the title and the general story to expect. Knowing Lando is going to have a big part is exciting though. Glover is a great choice! So that brings the known cast to 3 or 4? Alden, Donald, and I would assume Joonas and maybe(?) Peter are going to be Chewie. If they throw Tessa Thompson into the mix I'll be a happy camper.

Master_Rebado likes this.
  17. TalonCard

TalonCard •Author: Slave Pits of Lorrd •TFN EU Staff star 5 VIP

Jan 31, 2001
    I think the prequels are amazing, but I'm a 90s child. [face_laugh] It's all subjective.

TC

18. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    I love the Han Solo trilogy by AC Crispin so no real pressure on the new movie imo.
    Let them do what they want.

19. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    fuzzy dice origin story

boomx2sjk likes this.
  20. BobaMatt

Aug 19, 2002
    I 400% agree with you. (Back when it came out, I called GotG the best Star Wars movie since Return of the Jedi.)

21. sidv88

sidv88 Force Ghost star 5

Aug 22, 2005
    Differing opinion here, I really hated Guardians of the Galaxy. I wrote a short summary a few years ago why, I copied and pasted them here:

I found the characters hard to relate to, and didn’t understand why the main character, Peter Quill, never tried to return to Earth, or why the villain Ronan wanted to destroy that one planet at the end so much. The main character and the raccoon did not seem like very nice people—the raccoon wanted to steal someone’s leg because he thought it was funny, and the main character had multiple girlfriends, only cared about money and did not seem to become heroic at all until the very end. Also the blue person that he worked for, Yondu, was nasty and killed a lot of people with his floating arrow—I didn’t understand why the main character kept working for him and didn’t try to run away. (Ironically in the original comic book, Yondu was a good character and not at all like the cruel captain he was in the movie).

I wouldn't feel Guardians of the Galaxy is a good Star Wars movie, and I'd sooner watch the 2 Star Wars films I like the least (Attack of the Clones and The Force Awakens) again than watch Guardians of the Galaxy again. :p

22. Vthuil

Vthuil Force Ghost star 5

Jan 3, 2013
    TBH, that sounds far more on you than the movie.

23. starfish

starfish Chosen One star 5

Oct 9, 2003
    Hopefully we get to see Lando flying the falcon again, that would be wicked.

spicer and BobaMatt like this.
  24. Karl0413

Karl0413 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 11, 2015

HAPPY DAYS ARE HERE AGAIN! LANDO AND HAN TOGETHER AGAIN![face_dancing][face_dancing][face_dancing][face_dancing]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

25. revan772

revan772 Jedi Master star 4

Aug 5, 2014
    Some things I am hoping for: Camero by Harrison Ford as old Han, either at the end (like a time jump to right before TFA or something) or another story that old Han is telling, like he did in that one JTTFA book.

Another thing I really want is Sana to have a role in this movie. If she does, then we will get a Sana action figure, but more importantly, if she does, Aphra could make a potential cameo. :D (Even if just as a mention.)