main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

I guess I'm new

Discussion in 'Welcome New Users' started by MeleanaKenobi, Nov 7, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MeleanaKenobi

MeleanaKenobi Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 28, 2002
    A friend of mine told me to start posting here. And since the fire wall at work doesn't block the site I figured I'd give it a try. It turns out I have been a member for 6 years... and this is my first post... I promis I haven't just been lurking around like a weirdo. Well not on this board at least.

2. Trika_Kenobi

Trika_Kenobi Jedi Grand Master star 6

Nov 4, 1999
    Hi, there! Wow... you're just about older than most everybody here at WNU by registration date. Haha. I'm assuming you lurked about other boards and just sporadically logged in on occasion? What boards have you been and are you interested in?

Don't be a stranger. We're rather nice around here and enjoy the company. I need fellow WNUers to help me hide Skiara's keys... whenever I don't lose them on accident, anyway.

Enjoy the JC! And post some! ;)

Trikes

3. snowspeeder_gunner

snowspeeder_gunner Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 10, 2007
    Hey Meleana!

You should stay around this time! It'll be awesome, I promise!

4. MeleanaKenobi

Jun 28, 2002
    Honestly I totally forgot I had an account at all. I used to be a message board junkie like 7 years ago stopped when I started playing online games. Now that I've stopped playing online games I need new online social interaction.
    I think I must have created this account when I was in an article on the force.net. My lurking comment was directed more at my actual job since at the time I was sitting in a corner and everyone who walked by seemed not to notice me even though I greeted all of them. Makes me feel creepy just watching people who don't know I'm there.

5. Skiara

Skiara ~• RSA FFC •~ star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 5, 2002
    Trika! What are you doing?!

*waves hand*
    You don't need to help Trika to lose my keys. You can't even remember Trika asked you.

*hopes that this helps* [face_praying]

Good that I have my keys inside of my... *fumbles around for them* ... Trika! Where are my keys? You know that I need them... [face_plain]

*sighes*

Meleana, that's Trika. She's always catching my keys when I need them... [face_plain] :p

But other than that, she's a nice (but weird) girl. :)

I still wonder how you manage to stay away for six years, but it's great that you found your way back. I really hope that your posting-speed will increase a bit. ;)

Enjoy your stay and let me know, if you found my keys. :p

6. MeleanaKenobi

Jun 28, 2002
    I won't steal your keys! I promise. I have to many of my own. I don't need extra key's confusing me even more! Opening the front door is hard enough without throwing in decoy keys. I'm sure I'll start posting more once I figure out what's going on. I have a job that involves doing absolutly nothing and I've got a computer in front of me all day. Posting here will distract me from watching customers do weird things. Like taking all the paper towel holders off the shelves and putting them in our display kitchens...

7. Skiara

Nov 5, 2002
    I'm not supposed to understand why they are doing that, right? o_O

But it sounds like the perfect job to be around here more often and don't worry, you'll get addicted sooner than you think. ;)

Oh, and if Trika reads about the many keys... I think I know where I have to look for them the next time. Seems to be a good place to hide keys... :p

Btw, has anyone seen the keys? I need to open the kitchen, otherwise we don't have anything to eat later on and no chocolate at all. Anyone? [face_batting]

8. MeleanaKenobi

Jun 28, 2002
    I wish I knew why the customers do the things they do. I don't really care, wether or not it is my job to care is still up in the air. My coworkers and I are fairly sure our department is here to keep pretty people on the sales floor. We're the only ones with desks, and we don't actually sell anything. My coworker has insisted I tell everyone he is single...... he gets to be the pretty one today...
    As for my keys they are misticly boung to my purse and cannot be stolen.
    I am confused as to why your kitchen is locked, and why you keep food in there. I keep my food at resturants down the street. The kitchens just for show.

9. Trika_Kenobi

Nov 4, 1999
    //burps up kitchen key

10. Skiara

Nov 5, 2002
    Oh, the kitchen has a secret way to another room full of wonderful chocolate and if we are away (e.g. at the beach), we just take care that no one else is trying to get them. It's a mass afterwards mostly, because they turn the kitchen up-side down and we prefer having fun than tyding up all the time. :p

The idea with the restuarant is interesting! :D

Ah, there it was, Trika. But how did it get there? :eek:

11. MeleanaKenobi

Jun 28, 2002
    Oddly I leave chocolate on my dinning room table at home and no one eats it. Lots of chocolate, candy bars, m&m's, cakes, chocolate soy milk. No one even looks like they are thinking about eating the chocolate.

12. Skiara

Nov 5, 2002
    Then you're lucky. I wouldn't do that in the Newbie Welcome Party though. ;)

13. Lady_Belligerent

Lady_Belligerent Queen of the RPF, SWC, C&P, and Pancakes & Waffles star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 29, 2008
    Hi MeleanaKenobi! I'm glad you decided to stop in!

14. MeleanaKenobi

Jun 28, 2002
    I actually have a surplus of chocolate that didn't get eaten at a party. I've been brining some stuff into work to get rid of it. If anyone can virtually eat then they are welcome to the cheesecake and the m&m's.

15. Trika_Kenobi

Nov 4, 1999
    //burps up cheesecake, M&Ms, and another key

16. Blue_Lightsaber42

Blue_Lightsaber42 Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 7, 2007
    Trika, what have you been eating lately?:p
    Welcome, Meleana! And yes, you will get addicted quickly...very quickly...[face_devil] [face_whistling] Make sure you join us in the pillow fight!:D

17. MeleanaKenobi

Jun 28, 2002
    *gives back M&M's* You can keep those.

18. Skiara

Nov 5, 2002
    At least too many keys lately, Blue. :p

*takes cheesecake and M&M's and brings them to the WNP*
    Thanks. :D
    You'll come as well, right?

Thread Status: