main
side
curve

I guess you had to be there . . . : Your favorite JC anecdotes

Discussion in 'Anniversary Forum' started by poor yorick , Jul 9, 2018 at 5:35 PM.

1. poor yorick

poor yorick Ex-Mod star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jun 25, 2002
    Inspired by the "Way We Were" thread, I checked out my first recorded thread, which was from '06:
    "Based On A True Story:" film your favorite JC moment. Not a terrific thread, but in it I reminisce about an event I'd totally forgotten about--that time Errant_Venture & malkieD2 went mano a mano with the entire 3SA forum. For some reason they were the only mods on one night right around RotS's release. 3SA's front page was filling up with stupid and redundant n00b threads faster than they could close them. At some point during the wee hours E_V staggered into Comms and basically said, "It's horrible out there! I can't stand another minute! God help me, I turned the new thread creation function off . . . don't kill me, you circling vultures!"

3SA's reaction was essentially, "*golf clap* Good show, old boy. Nice weather for it."

You know there were some epically stupid threads being posted when the most fractious forum on the site is happy to have its new thread creation function turned off.

JoinTheSchwarz likes this.
  2. Kyle Katarn

Kyle Katarn Force Ghost star 6

Jul 10, 1998
  3. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval New Films Fearless Vampire Killer star 8 Staff Member Manager

Aug 19, 2003
    With the vastest of shame I admit to producing a fair share of the TOOL-themed threads which sullied the first page of YJCC on that disastrous day in history.

JoinTheSchwarz likes this.
  4. episodenone

episodenone Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 13, 2001
    My ALL TIME favorite was the ABSOLUTE CERTAINTY so many posters had in believing Senator and the subsequently Chancellor Palpatine and Darth Sidious were 2 different people / beings despite the Occam's Razor clearness that existed in soooooooo many ways.

It went on endlessly -- and I just wanted to see a new thread posted along the lines of "I am here to be counted, identified, and exposed as one of many who insisted they were not the same person but am now offering my firmest mea culpa"

And I wanted it locked for posterity to be looked back upon for eternity. [face_laugh]

poor yorick likes this.
  5. poor yorick

poor yorick Ex-Mod star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jun 25, 2002
    I actually found an image of the first page of JCC from 5-19-2005 on the Wayback Machine. Sadly, there are no TOOL-themed threads to be found. Perhaps the snapshot was from before the spree?

(I can't get a good screencap, so here's a link.)

6. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval New Films Fearless Vampire Killer star 8 Staff Member Manager

Aug 19, 2003
    Shinjo's House of Weird People!

Boba_Fett_2001 likes this.
  7. Obi Anne

Obi Anne FF manager Celebrations star 8 Manager

Nov 4, 1998
    That time when FanForce Sweden started a war with FanForce Canada. It was a bit unclear how the war played out, but Sweden won and Canada sent us a bottle of maple syrup as a tribute, which we ceremoniously consumed during a big pancake party.

poor yorick and teamhansolo like this.
  8. VadersLaMent

VadersLaMent Chosen One star 10

Apr 3, 2002
    Bib....he was going to be the first person to hit 100,000 posts, by a mile, and really wanted it. He got permbanned before reaching his goal. [face_rofl]

9. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    Love can't blossom on a messageboard, lol...

10. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin and Collecting/Lucasfilm Ltd Mod star 9 Staff Member Administrator

May 25, 2002
    GrandAdmiralJello is within 5K of 100K. he's at the top of the Notable Members list. (Pretty sure banned users aren't included on that).

11. Ramza

Ramza Administrator Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP

Jul 13, 2008
    If memory serves you show up on that list unless you suffer the OMEGA SANCTION - THE BAN THAT IS REGISTRATION. Mostly because we had to do that to a certain individual to get them off it. That could've changed with the upgrade, though.

Last edited: Jul 15, 2018 at 9:28 AM
  12. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin and Collecting/Lucasfilm Ltd Mod star 9 Staff Member Administrator

May 25, 2002
    If that's the case then Jello is definitely top of the list.