I had SPAM for the first time ever tonight

Discussion in 'Archive: Your Jedi Council Community' started by DarthTunick, Nov 12, 2011.

1. DarthTunick SfC Part III Commissioner

Game Host
    star 10

Nope. The food itself looks like dog or cat food, but the taste is quite nice.

Laker games cancelled (so far) due to the current NBA lockout: 14[face_frustrated]
  2. tom Chosen One

star 6
    this is fascinating.
  3. DarthTunick SfC Part III Commissioner

Game Host
    star 10
    I can be interesting from time to time, sure..............its not like I can share it all out in an interview, though. :p

Laker games cancelled (so far) due to the current NBA lockout: 14[face_frustrated]
  4. Healer_Leona Manager Emeritus

star 9
    I grew up eating spam because it was then cheap. Never cared for it.
  5. Darth_Invidious Chosen One

star 5
    That's always been a winning combination for me as well.
  6. Darth_Maestro Force Ghost

star 4
    Cooked Spam slices with white rice.

Simple, and delicious.
  7. LAJ_FETT Tech Admin and Collecting/Games Mod

Administrator
    star 9
    It's not bad as part of a cheese omelette either.
  8. DarthTunick SfC Part III Commissioner

Game Host
    star 10
    Interesting, interesting ideas & such here to use/consider for my next SPAM purchase.

9. Lady_Sami_J_Kenobi Force Ghost

star 6
    Spam, the food, you meant, not spam the internet scourge.

Okay, my favorite spam recipe (if you're broke or alone at Christmas or Thanksgiving, try it) is: remove Spam from can, place in baking dish. Make diagonal slashes with sharp knife across top, dot with whole cloves in each diagonal intersection. Place pineapple slices on top and sides (cut pineapple slices in half if necessary to fit on sides). Mix pineapple juice from can of pineapple slices with some brown sugar (1/4 cup) and pour over Spam. Bake in 375 degree oven until heated through.

Yummy! I serve it with sweet potatoes and other side dishes.

I swore once I had a good enough job, I would never, ever, eat Spam again. :D

10. duende Force Ghost

star 5
    panic attack coming on

wish me luck
  11. xblackout Force Ghost

star 4
    That is so wrong.
  12. DarthTunick SfC Part III Commissioner

Game Host
    star 10
    Explain how. :p

Los Angeles Lakers: Drama, guaranteed.
  13. Jabbadabbado Manager Emeritus

star 7
    I've never tried canned meat of any kind. I saw a can of chicken at Costco once and was tempted to buy some, just for the novelty of it. But I didn't. Because it was canned.
  14. Ostrich_Stapler Force Ghost

star 5
    I've never tried it. For me it's an appearance/texture thing. Spam, refried beans, everything with that weird...mushy texture is to be avoided. Honestly, one time I saw someone eat refried beans and actually had to puke. I don't like pork so I think spam must be a million times worse.

If you want cheap food, rice and oats are my personal staples. I have one of those for just about every meal. [face_tired]
  15. R2-DK Jedi Grand Master

star 2
    I don't know if I've ever had spam or not, but I'm the same way about what I eat. If something looks weird or smells funny, I just can't put it in my mouth.