main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Arena I Hate Boston Sports (And So Can You!)

Discussion in 'Community' started by DarthIntegral, Dec 17, 2007.

1. Grimby

Grimby Technical Consultant & Former Head Admin star 7 Staff Member Administrator

Apr 22, 2000
    What I'd really love to see is the smashmouth Jacksonville Jaguars march into New England and kick the Patriots' ass up and down the field. It's a longshot, but hey, it could happen. ;)

2. rechedelphar

rechedelphar Jedi Master star 6

Mar 29, 2004
    The Jags probably do have the best chance

3. EmperorSorridom

EmperorSorridom Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 2, 2005
    I dislike all Boston teams, but it's the Celtics who've really earned my ire lately.

4. Master_Kast7

Master_Kast7 Jedi Knight star 6

May 12, 2004
    over the Pats? You're crazy.

5. DarthIntegral

DarthIntegral JCC Baseball Draft/SWC Draft Commish star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jul 13, 2005
    Hatred: Red Sox > Pats > Celts

6. DarthWormie

DarthWormie Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 22, 2004
    So basically any team from Boston that beats a team from Cleveland, right?

7. DarthIntegral

DarthIntegral JCC Baseball Draft/SWC Draft Commish star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jul 13, 2005
    Yup. It breaks my heart to see the Patriots destroy the Browns. Completely tears me up inside. Takes me days to recover.

(Or, you could actually read the entire thread, see the bias I admit to having, see the specific things I reference, and actually come to understand what I'm saying in this thread. It's really about how special things are in Boston and can be seen as respect, tribute, and admiration of them coming across in the form of hatred)

8. DarthIntegral

Jul 13, 2005
    Major props to the 12-21 Charlotte Bobcats and their resounding win in Boston last night. :cool:

9. Darth McClain

Darth McClain Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2000
    I couldn't agree with this thread more. I really despise the Pats. The Red Sox are the new Yankees. I don't like the Bruins (although not as much as the Rangers and Devils, though), and tend to ignore the NBA, so I guess the Celtics get the hook.

10. DarthIntegral

Jul 13, 2005
    Welcome aboard my friend. There's always room on the hatewagon.

11. Darth McClain

Feb 5, 2000
    Thanks, although 'wagon' implies that it's not a short term thing... [face_whistling]

12. timmoishere

timmoishere Force Ghost star 6

Jun 2, 2007
    Before this year, Boston was nothing, so there was no reason to hate them. So for right now, it is a wagon.

Not like, say, the Lakers, whom I've always hated.

13. s65horsey

s65horsey Otter-loving Former EUC Mod star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 24, 2006
    Before this year? Riiiight, cuz the Pats haven't been good for the last 7 years. :rolleyes:

14. DarthIntegral

Jul 13, 2005
    Because no Indians fan under the age of 60 ever got sick of hearing about the long suffering Red Sox fans?
    Or no Cubs fan alive got sick of hearing about the long suffering Red Sox fans and their curse?
    Because Kordell Stewart and Troy Edwards didn't giftwrap a trip to face St. Louis to the Pats a few years ago?
    Because Tom Brady didn't go to M*ch*g*n?

Riiiiiiiiiiiiiight. All Boston hate started in the last year :rolleyes:

15. Darth McClain

Feb 5, 2000
    Exactly. As a Steelers fan, I've hated the Pats for a long time. 2001 AFC Championship game. And the Tuck Rule is still ridiculous. I've only been anti-Red Sox since they started going all Yankee style after they won the Series in '04, although listening to the curse is old. Especially as a Pirates fan. At least they had some good teams that made it to the playoffs. We've been doomed since 1992. I realize that's not as long as the Red Sox went between winning World Series, etc, but still, that's a long time of really bad baseball.

16. imperial_dork

imperial_dork Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 11, 2003
    My hate for the Pats extends back to the Drew Bledsoe days. He's a former Cougar... that's all the reason I needed. :p

17. DarthIntegral

Jul 13, 2005
    Pretty sure this is the only time in my life I'll say this, but I really want to see the Chargers go to the Super Bowl.

And beyond that, I really want to see Brett Favre hoisting the Lombardi trophy in a few Sundays.

18. DarthApocalypse

DarthApocalypse Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 29, 2007
    Being a Yankee fan, the Red Sox automatically suck. But I like the Patriots.

19. DarthIntegral

Jul 13, 2005
    The Celtics are on a losing streak. :cool:

20. yankee8255

yankee8255 Force Ghost star 6

May 31, 2005
    For me:

Hatred: Red Sox >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Celtics>Bruins>Pats

To be honest, I don't really hate the Pats, and wouldn't entirely mind seeing them go undefeated, since the 72 Dolphins have always been pretty classless whenever anyone has come close to matching their undefeated season.

21. Thrawn1786

Thrawn1786 Jedi Master star 5

Feb 8, 2004
    I would love to see Brett beat Brady...[face_devil]

22. Darth McClain

Feb 5, 2000
    That would truly be amazing. I really hope that it happens.

23. timmoishere

timmoishere Force Ghost star 6

Jun 2, 2007
    Brett won't beat Brady because the Chargers will do it first. :)

24. DarthIntegral

Jul 13, 2005
    *fixed ;)

25. imperial_dork

imperial_dork Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 11, 2003
    [face_praying]

Honestly, I don't care who beats him/them as long as someone does. :p