Arena I Hate Boston Sports (And So Can You!)

Discussion in 'Community' started by DarthIntegral, Dec 17, 2007.

1. DarthIntegral Streak for the Colors Winner

Game Winner
    star 7
    It's always a little iffy on the ethics of laugher/joy when an injury is involved, that's all.
  2. Rogue...Jedi Administrator Emeritus

star 7
    True, but I'm not really laughing so much at the injury as the situation its created. I don't generally laugh at injuries because I don't like seeing people get hurt no matter what team they're on. But the situations that can be created... thats another matter.
  3. DarthWormie Jedi Master

star 4
    Go right ahead, that's what the Boston fans are doing.

If he was a projected 1-2 or 3 starter, there would be some worried people. He was probably a 4 starter this year with not much expected from him. He was given a relatively small contract with a ton of incentives which he obviously now will not meet.

I'm sure the Red Sox will be able to scrape up some starter somewhere to give them the 6-8 wins Schilling would have.

No big loss.
  4. Armenian_Jedi Force Ghost

star 7
    I find the Schilling thing funny... nothing to do with Boston though. Schilling's just one of the biggest jerks in the sport, so I could care less when he gets hurt.

I hate Tom Brady, but at least he's not a dick. I wouldn't laugh if he got hurt, but Schilling's just an ass.
  5. New_York_Jedi Force Ghost

star 6
  6. Onoto Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    I'll disagree and say that I genuinely like Schilling. The whole chatting with the Sons of Sam Horn before coming to Boston has always struck me as really cool, and the guy pitched marvelously while being held together with sutures. A winner, if nothing else. He can definitely be annoying on occassion, but at least he's actually done something.

But so as to not stray from the thread's theme: I hate Tom Brady. I think that he, like his coach, is short on class. How you handle yourself matters, which is something the Favres of the world understand. He's obscenely smug, and he doesn't impress me as a football player the way that Peyton Manning does. I'm also disappointed that he hasn't received anywhere near the same treatment that guys like Tony Romo have, given the fact that he's up and impregnated one of those supermodels. I'm not sure that he deserves it, but if that's the way the media operates, they should at least be consistent.

Anyhoo, that's my $0.02.

(Off-topic: does anyone know why it's two cents?)
  7. Eeth-my-Koth Chosen One

star 9
    http://break.com/index/patriots-parody-you-cheated.html

:)
  8. DarthIntegral Streak for the Colors Winner

Game Winner
    star 7
    I haven't been so happy for a good result for the Habs since they messed with Roy.

Way to beat down Boston! :D
  9. DarthWormie Jedi Master

star 4
    Congratulations Canadiens. It took the No. 1 seed in the conference 7 whole games to knock off an untalented #8 seed who everyone predicted would get swept.

Way to go.:rolleyes:
  10. DarthIntegral Streak for the Colors Winner

Game Winner
    star 7
    ... but it was the heart-breaking fashion in which it was done ... after the Bruins battled back to force a game seven.

(not that I have a lot of love for the Habs ... don't confuse me there ... I just hate Boston more at the moment)
  11. DarthWormie Jedi Master

star 4
    Maybe for the team, but not for die hard Bruins fans. This was another season where they were predicted to finish near or at the bottom and miss the playoffs. They lost their #1 goalie & #1 offensive player for the season about a month in and still managed to make the playoffs. Then they were predicted to get swept by the #1 team in the conference and they came darn close to pulling one of the best upsets of recent NHL playoffs.

So yeah, it was a tough way to lose after outplaying Les Fraudiens for most of the series, but it wasn't heartbreaking. In fact the talk around here since Saturday night is win or lose, the Bruins are finally on the right track to turning the team around. There's finally some hope for the team regardless of tonight's outcome.
  12. Evil_X_13 Jedi Knight

star 2
    The only team I hate is the Pats.:p
  13. Humanity Jedi Padawan

Humanity is a fan of Tom Brady and the Celtics. The Red Sox, on Humanity's other hand, can be annihilated from the face of Humanity's Earth.
  14. DarthIntegral Streak for the Colors Winner

Game Winner
    star 7
  15. darth_gersh Force Ghost

star 6
    Yes, Hawks can do it tonight. As long as that senile old ref doesn't go all celtic crazy.
  16. ApolloSmileGirl Jedi Grand Master

star 8
    Why should this be any different than any other games in the series?
  17. darth_gersh Force Ghost

star 6
    I not sure I understand the question fully.
  18. darth_gersh Force Ghost

star 6
    http://msn.foxsports.com/mlb/story/8107040/Yanks-fan-charged-with-murder-in-Sox-fan-death?MSNHPHCP&GT1=39002

Crazy Yankee fan.
  19. Rogue...Jedi Administrator Emeritus

star 7
    Now this is taking things WAY too far.

Stupid fans.
  20. DarthIntegral Streak for the Colors Winner

Game Winner
    star 7
    Man ... first I have to cheer for Eli "The Crybaby" Manning, and now for "Colorado" Kobe.

I really hate Boston.

:mad:

Go Lakers!
  21. Darth McClain Arena Manager Emeritus

star 6
    Yep, :mad: is appropriate. And I don't even get to cheer for the Spurs, who I actually like. But I guess the Lakers are the lesser evil.
  22. SaberJedi2 Force Ghost

star 4
    Wow....not much activity in this thread in over a month.....I wonder why....

Actually, I'm one of the few Bostonians (if not the only) who hates the Red Sox. And it's actually pretty easy to understand why everyone else in the world could hate them also. I could really care less about the Patriots and the Celtics. The only team I've always rooted for has been the Bruins. For one, hockey is the coolest sport, and two, I'm not a bandwagon jumper like MANY other people around here I know. Always liked them....and always will.
  23. DarthIntegral Streak for the Colors Winner

Game Winner
    star 7
    Once again, thank God for the New York Giants.
  24. Darth McClain Arena Manager Emeritus

star 6
    I guess I'll let the Bruins thing slide a little bit. Although they did try to prevent the Pens from switching to their black and (now Las Vegas) gold, like Pittsburgh's other two teams, the city flag, and other hockey teams that played in Pittsburgh. But, at least you're a hockey fan. :p
  25. Darth Tunes SfC Part III Commissioner

Game Host
    star 10

Can I say that you jinxed them?

2008: The 50th season of L.A. Dodger baseball! :cool:

The Lakers WILL rise again