main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

I hate Caps Lock but...GOLDENBLIND !!!!!! (at last !)

Discussion in 'Fan Films, Fan Audio & SciFi 3D' started by JEDIBYKNIGHT, Mar 4, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JEDIBYKNIGHT

JEDIBYKNIGHT Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 17, 2001
    I hate the use of Caps Lock on the Net ( ;) JediTAC !). Especially when people here use them to advertise for their movies. But I never really understood until today, plus the fact that it has become...a standard. so :

GOLDENBLIND !!!!

First it was the website (august 2001) and I was telling you guys (that is, the ones that were kind enough to read my post...)that our movie "should be out very soon". On the website, I was aiming at a December release.
    The worse part is when we were shooting it. We thought it would be up on the Net by the next month or so...eh eh...fools we were.

Then, I used Caps Lock to tell you that the new site was up. How terrific. [face_plain]

But today...Today is different. After 19 months of waiting, we have a host. Why 19 months ? Yeah, why ?
    The thing is, my "partner" in this thing didn't want to pay any Internet host. Ok. But I didn't want to cut the movie in several segments.
    Does that sound like a no way out situation to you ? Eh eh... No. Because we found this French host (FRENCH, guys, French...) that gives 200 Mb of space and 2Gb of monthly bandwith. :) For... US $4 a year ! :D
    Remember guys, it's a French server. And, the guy actually makes a selection. So...

Well, now that you just want to kill us, why don't you calm down by watching GOLDENBLIND ?!? :D
    The image and sound quality are crappy (we didn't know how to use a capture card then), but the movie is, we believe, most enjoyable.

Click here and go to the Downloads section, in the Goldenblind page.

We're waiting for your comments ! :)
    PS : you can comment on the image and sound, but not too much, ok...? we're the first ones to hate it :mad:

SAM
    YOSSAMFILMS.

EDIT : Alright, I'm fed up. I don't want to click "edit" anymore, so...if you saw any typo or mistake...just forget what you saw :D

2. JediTAC

JediTAC Jedi Knight star 5

Nov 30, 2000
    I really cannot understand what some of you guys' hang-up is with HTML grammatical influctuations and such. My use of the HTML modifiers and caps lock is simply a way to add certain stress and influctuation to whatever message I am trying to convey. It's simply another form of communication.

SHEESH .... there are more important things in this world to be concerned with.

Good luck with your film, JEDIBYKNIGHT.

3. DaftMaul

DaftMaul Former TFN Fan Films Staff star 5 VIP

Feb 18, 2001
    influctuation
    That's my non-word of the day. Inflection maybe?

Anyway. You crazy French people! The basis of the humour seemed to be centered around the fact that the entire army couldn't see (hence the name GoldenBlind) making them about as useful as stormtroopers when it comes to guarding/protecting something. This gag was okay in places, although personally it was drawn out just a tad long for my taste. Having said that there where some really good bits of humour in there, the absolute gem of the piece being the gaurdekas. I laughed out loud at them as they entered, very good stuff. :D

As a whole is was okay, all a bit of fun, with a slightly 'PG' ending huh? (I guess in true James Bond style right?) As I said, there where some gags that worked well for me, and others that didn't work so well (which I find with pretty well every comedy whether it is amateur or pro - so maybe it's just me :_| )

So why did you use Sorenson to compress the actual film? The quality was a little ropey throughout, mostly I guess becuase of the compression/filesize. Is it just a compatibility issue you have been experiencing?

4. JEDIBYKNIGHT

Jan 17, 2001
    I did put a ;) after my statement, TAC... Wasn't it you that said every humoristic post should have a ;) or 8-} to tell it is more a joke than anything else ?
    Sorry, I didn't mean to bother you :)

EDIT :
    Thanks Daft, I knew this Guardeka gag would work on a StarWars forum...eh eh...
    We used Sorenson 3 because we could drop the spatial quality in Cleaner, and this way we got a much smaller file size (37 Mb opposed to the original 82 Mb...).
    The French version does not look better really (a bit...but the difference is not obvious). We just thought we could sacrifice some image quality in the English one, because the subtitles and sound were more important...

5. DarkLordofSmith

DarkLordofSmith Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 27, 2001
    Hi, went to your site, to download film, and I coudln't download them.

6. JEDIBYKNIGHT

Jan 17, 2001
    AH...

I just went to check and it works perfectly... Perhaps the problem is that you're using Netscape Navigator ?
    I really don't know, everything works just fine. You can open it in the browser or save it to your hard drive... Everything works with me...

7. JediTAC

Nov 30, 2000
    You didn't bother me .... just further clarifying/justifying my influctuationarianism.
    (That one was for Daft) ;)

8. Amidala_Nutley

Amidala_Nutley Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 14, 2001
    Got to love your signature on days like today TAC :) ;)
    and as it is now the 'non- word' of the day, I think there is an over the counter remedy for influctuationarianism, or am I thinking about something else ;) lol

"The ability to speak does not make you intelligent ... now get out of here"

9. JediTAC

Nov 30, 2000
    Live and Learn, Nikki. :cool:

10. DarkLordofSmith

Feb 27, 2001
    Nope, I'm using IE 5.5, it doesn't make any difference if I use a download manager or a save as.

11. JEDIBYKNIGHT

Jan 17, 2001
    strange...

Have you tried to open it in the browser window itself ?

12. DarkLordofSmith

Feb 27, 2001
    Hi, for hte trailer it opens a page to Tripd and says Tripod Not available for download.

For hte movie, it tkae a while to get the to the page, but eventually will play, I'm on ISDN.

And for the bloopers, the same error as for hte trailer.

I was hoping to be able to download the film, and watch it later.

13. JEDIBYKNIGHT

Jan 17, 2001
    Oh Ok I think I know what the problem is, it happened once or twice already...

I'll try to fix that now.

EDIT : I exceeded my alloted bandwith on Tripod. Eh eh...this is the first time it happens, it's both cool and frustrating...
    So nothing can be done but wait about an hour if you want to see the bloopers. I am uploading the Trailer on the other server right now, which should take about 30 minutes. Then you will be able to download it. :) . I'll post another message when everything is ready.

14. DarkLordofSmith

Feb 27, 2001
    Cool, I'll watch this space.

15. JEDIBYKNIGHT

Jan 17, 2001
    Ok, it's done. It takes a while to get the trailer as well, as it does with the movie, but it's working. :)

16. sqerl

sqerl Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 12, 2002
    OK... I admit.. i watched it...

LOL... gaurdekas .... LOL

And the light saber... red. no green..ahhh.

Nice and simple. good job!

what kind of camera did you use??

sqerl

17. Shawn PTH

Shawn PTH Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 22, 2000
    Why dont you move your html over to the server where your storing the movie?

18. JEDIBYKNIGHT

Jan 17, 2001
    SQERL : Thanks for the compliment ! :)
    Mmmmmm...I don't remember what cam we used. I borrowed it from my uncle. Sony. Analog. Pretty old. That's all I remember. Then we used an All-In-Wonder capture card, but we only had a 7 Gb HD. So, this image size is the only one we have :_|

SHAWN :
    Are you talking about the trailer ? If so, this is what I've been doing this last hour, but I don't know if it really works. And Tripod doesn't seem to be working either. I hope it's just my computer. Anyway, if it doesn't work now, I'll try to fix it in the coming days.

EDIT : Now I'm off to bed. Almost 1:00am here. I'll probably set up a mirror tomorrow for that trailer (which won't work long...anyway...)

19. DarkLordofSmith

Feb 27, 2001
    Hi, sorry to be a pain again :(

I can now download the download the trailer, with no probs, but still having probs with the bloopers and the main film.

20. JEDIBYKNIGHT

Jan 17, 2001
    Don't worry, you're not a pain, it's important to me that everything works okay.

Now. Trailer is working. That's good.
    The bloopers. If they can't be downloaded, that has to be because of Tripod. I'll try to fix that in the coming days.
    But the movie...you said it was working fine a few hours ago... *going off to check* You're right, it doesn't work... :mad: I did ask the host to do anything to prevent a high server load...mmmm...I said I was sure there wouldn't be any problem...Maybe he has suspended access to this file until a certain time. Maybe tomorrow, maybe sooner...I dunno...

Anyway, sorry to leave you now, but I must get some sleep. just try again if you feel like it, I'll try to fix everything that's not working properly tomorrow...

21. Neszis

Neszis Jedi Padawan star 4

May 23, 2001
    As I have spoken to you about this previously, I am really looking forward to it. Sadly, my new comp is out of whack (idiom spelling?), so I can't download it (I'm on my old, crappy one). And dont worry about caps lock, because I LIKE CAPS LOCK. ITS AS TAC SAID, A DIFFERENT FORM OF COMMUNICATING A [NORMALLY LOUD, ANGRY] THOUGHT. AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!

done. I'll download GB when I get my comp working again. Great job completing it, JBK. I just bought the website to host our movie from aplus.net, which gives 500 mb and unlimited bandwidth for 10 bucks a month :) so everyone, expect to see my movie soon (once I recompress with kingly MoffJake's mp3 method). It was a year ago tomorrow that I thought up my movie...it is now a reality :D. Cant wait to see GB, again!

~Neszis~

22. JEDIBYKNIGHT

Jan 17, 2001
    I couldn't sleep. My head was full of numbers, I was thinking maybe my bandwith is already used...
    In a few hours, we got approximately 90 hits, and 2 Gb of bandwith allow us about 50 downloads...

mmmm...I gotta find some more ways to make it available... I'll work on that. If I can't, next month for the ones who want to see it... :(

23. DarkLordofSmith

Feb 27, 2001
    I'm surprised that Nick Long or one of the other people from FanFilmFX hasn't mentioned there site here yet?

24. JEDIBYKNIGHT

Jan 17, 2001
    Funnier thing :

we submitted it to FFX, but never got any answer. :confused:

I might have worked out some ways, but it might take a while (a week, maybe)...
    Looks like this hasn't worked like I thought it would :(
    I'll get it fixed.

25. NickLong

NickLong Jedi Master star 4

Sep 29, 2000
    <<we submitted it to FFX, but never got any answer>>

You did??

I don't ever remember receiving a submission form for this...

sorry!

you could always resubmit.

anyway,

Nick "Shorty" Long

P.S. FYI, There was a problem with the form a while back.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.