main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

I hate Caps Lock but...GOLDENBLIND !!!!!! (at last !)

Discussion in 'Fan Films, Fan Audio & SciFi 3D' started by JEDIBYKNIGHT, Mar 4, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NickLong

NickLong Jedi Master star 4

Sep 29, 2000
    <<So why did you use Sorenson to compress the actual film? >>

Daft - are you on On2's payroll?

anyway,

Nick "Shorty" Long

2. JEDIBYKNIGHT

JEDIBYKNIGHT Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 17, 2001
    Nick :

yeah, that's what I thought. FFX was an option for us (my 'partner' liked the idea of a free, reliable host), but as for me, I don't think it's the same thing saying "you can download my movie from my website" than "it's available at FFX"... Which doesn't mean I don't like ffx. It's just a question of style...eh eh...
    Anyway, I'm still thinking about solutions that could help, ffx being one of them... We'll see what happens...

"Daft - are you on On2's payroll? "

I forgot to say that at first it was compressed with On2. But S3 worked better (file size, I mean), and I did encounter some problems with On2 (people wanting to see the trailer, but couldn't, and QuickTime wasn't downloading the codec...)

EDIT: Just PM Nick that edit - you never know who might type in the URL. :)

3. DaftMaul

DaftMaul Former TFN Fan Films Staff star 5 VIP

Feb 18, 2001
    But S3 worked better (file size, I mean)
    Cough-cough-spluttter. I'm choking on my own rage here - cough-cough... :p

On2 does seem to have an intermittent problem with the Quicktime auto download. I can't understand why they (apple) haven't managed to fix that one.

4. wixmmm

wixmmm Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 8, 2001
    Daft, the reason he gets better size with Sorenson 3 is because he has media cleaner, which works hand in hand with sorenson.

When you have high end compression tools like that the free things eventually have to be passed up. Sorry Daft, it's the circle of life. :)

Cya
    Mike

5. JEDIBYKNIGHT

Jan 17, 2001
    Lol

Yeah, I could drop the spatial quality in Cleaner, using S3. Funny thing is, I think it looks better than the 100% quality one... Maybe. I think it gave it a more blurry look, thus erasing the pixel look. And since the image quality wasn't good from the beginning, blurry is not a problem. I'll have to watch it another time and compare.

And, for the ones here who are still reading this thread but having seen the movie yet :
    I asked my host why it didn't work anymore. He has removed the file temporarily (is that a correct word...or is it the "non-word" of the day ? :) ) because there was about 10 downloads in 1 hour. Apparently, it almost crashed the server. :confused:
    Anyway, I worked out a way, everything should be working tomorrow. If everything goes well, you'll be able to see the movie with no problem soon, and I'll have to start a sect and worship my new God (I'll explain that later :) ).

6. JEDIBYKNIGHT

Jan 17, 2001
    (I just thought I'd bump this thread as well, if some of you were still keeping an eye out for it... :confused:
    Everything should be working well now...don't expect too much from the Tripod server, though - that's for the Bloopers :) )

7. JediTAC

JediTAC Jedi Knight star 5

Nov 30, 2000
    Ummm ..... I think you OTHER/NEW thread was pretty clear.
    (Although ... you forgot to use CAPS) ;)

8. JEDIBYKNIGHT

Jan 17, 2001
    You hit the nail on the head, TAC ! I needed one thread WITH caps, and the other without. Isn't it simple ???? 8-}

9. JediTAC

JediTAC Jedi Knight star 5

Nov 30, 2000
    I Approve.

LONG LIVE THE CAPITALists. ;)

10. Neszis

Neszis Jedi Padawan star 4

May 23, 2001
    bump

AAHAHAHAHAHAHA ALL THE WAY FROM PAGE 32 BUMP BUMP BUMP

~Neszis~

11. JEDIBYKNIGHT

Jan 17, 2001
    Geez, what a surprise... I didn't see that one coming, Neszis...should I bump your "Jedi Apprentice" thread ? ;)

Anyway, just to let you know (as I understand this bump to be a way to ask me "where are you ?"), that I am changing my connection to DSL. However, the ****ers sent my new modem to the wrong adress and I never got it, so I had to call them and have them send another one. I should be getting it next week or so (I hope !). I am posting this using a very old phone number, so it's costing me something like 5 times the usual price...
    *sigh*

:)

PS. By the way, good timing on the bumping... I wouldn't have done this myself, but thanks, now the newbies know about it (just saw how many they are today...wow.)

12. niennumb1

niennumb1 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 10, 2001
    Oh my... To be honest I didn't find this trailer to be at all appealing. Looks like a bunch of senseless violence with FX clips taken from Independence Day.

Of course I'm not a Bond fan, so take my comment with a grain of salt.

Anyone else's thoughts on this?

13. JEDIBYKNIGHT

Jan 17, 2001
    Well... That's your opinion, Nien, I respect it.
    I really don't mind. We had fun making it, we thought it was funny... That's all.
    This movie was only summer fun, we wrote it in a week, shot it in one day...
    I'm not a really big Bond fan either, but the movie was started with the paradox : Bond VS blind guards.

And yes, we know those are "stolen" clips from ID4. But they are not in the film itself (in fact, there is no explosion in the film...)
    :)

14. niennumb1

niennumb1 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 10, 2001
    Bond Vs. Blind guards?! That sounds funny!!! So that's what was going on there... Okay...

I know you probbaly have no control over it, but would be cool if you ever re-did this someday when you have more resources on your hands (like how I wish I had more of that too) would be to get some good office building interior shots of these blind agents. That would be pretty cool!!!

Hope your project turns out well in the end.

15. JEDIBYKNIGHT

Jan 17, 2001
    I was actually thinking of this, I think it wouldn't be too much work, since it's all editing work (except for...you'll see if you watch the movie... ;) ). But I don't think the actors would agree on doing it all again... I dunno...

Well, I really don't know. I was thinking of it but at the same time I think what we got here is enough. The image quality is crap, the sound as well, but we had fun making it, and it is a 'witness' of what we could do for a first movie...

Maybe a special edition, someday... If there's any way to make it look better...

16. Neszis

May 23, 2001
    Big bump

Just returning the "Favor", JBK.

Heh heh heh.

~Neszis~

17. Neszis

May 23, 2001
    Bump...

JBK stop eating and come see this!

~Neszis~

18. JEDIBYKNIGHT

Jan 17, 2001
    I'm done eating. See what ? You bumping the thread ? :)

19. Neszis

May 23, 2001
    Yes. And i wont let this one die.

~Neszis~

20. JediCias

JediCias Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 9, 2002
    that movie left me confused lol
    but confusion is always a good thing

21. JEDIBYKNIGHT

Jan 17, 2001
    eh eh "confused"... I take it as a compliment, thanks ! :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.