main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

I HATE DELL!!!!

Discussion in 'Denver, CO' started by JediDragon, Mar 26, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JediDragon

JediDragon Jedi Master star 5

Mar 11, 2002
    They canelled my order AGAIN!!! No notification or anything. I'm definitely calling and spending as much time as it takes on the phone to figure out what the hell is going on here. It's the second time they cancelled it w/o notification.

I always told myself I'd never go there again, but I think I might go to Gateway. Unless someone knows somewhere else I can finance a computer (if you think about mentiong compaq or HP, just don't even talk to me).

Any ideas?

2. kitarusapien

kitarusapien Former RMFF CR star 6 VIP

Nov 19, 2001
    Did you order it through the Net site? My wife ordered her's last week, and it's here bein' set-up!

3. JediDragon

Mar 11, 2002
    yeah, i ordered it online.

is she financing it or is she just being it straight up? I don't have the money to just buy it outright right now. And I should have good credit, so that shouldn't affect it...it's just pissin me off.

4. Obi_Wannabe

Obi_Wannabe Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 17, 2002
    I had problems getting one from them last year and I wasn't even financing it. I ended up building my own.

Being in business for myself, I always try to keep to the motto "Never make it difficult for people to give you their money, if you do, they won't!" There's lots of e-commerce sites that could take that to heart.

Gateway has a retail store right across the highway from the Country Buffet we met at last Sunday. You can check out PCs, pick one, apply for the credit and order right from in the store.

5. JediDragon

Mar 11, 2002
    yeah, there's a gateway store here in the springs too, I think I'll check it out this weekend.

6. kitarusapien

kitarusapien Former RMFF CR star 6 VIP

Nov 19, 2001
    Tell your Dell rep if you get cancelled again, you're gettin' a Gateway!

7. Obi_Wannabe

Mar 17, 2002
    DUDE!! YOURE NOT GETTING A DELL!! I couldn't resist.

8. JediDragon

Mar 11, 2002
    oh, I plan on it. in fact I'm about to get off the computer here to go back to my room to call the turds at dell.

9. PtrsonsZOO

PtrsonsZOO Jedi Grand Master star 7

Jul 30, 2001
    CompUSA & Best Buy have finance options. I am a Best Buy junkie, but when I got my Dell, I bought it outright. It still took a little over a week, since they build them after you buy.

10. teneniel_djo

teneniel_djo Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 6, 2000
    i dunno....i have issues with gateway....i'd stick with dell despite the customer service. i think their comps are just higher quality.

but that's just my $.02. :)

11. PtrsonsZOO

Jul 30, 2001
    On the Gateway issue:

Even the City & County of Denver (not well known for their ability to admit mistakes) scrapped their contract w/ Gateway a few years ago, because of poor quality.

12. Obi_Wannabe

Mar 17, 2002
    Gateway experiences:

Useless as a corporate PC, on their support site they actually promote the fact that they change components every couple of weeks.

As a home PC, my dad has bought a couple including his current PIII 1Ghz with very few problems, before I started building my own I had a couple and they were OK. Quality wise I'd have to give Dell the edge. If you can actually get through their process to get one!

13. JediDragon

Mar 11, 2002
    I love best buy but I hate compaq and HP which is what they sell I believe.

I tried to call dell last night but I could never get a hold of a single freakin human being. Keep pushing numbers to go to the function you want, but once you get there it's just more options and finally it asked me if I wanted to talk to someone from the office, I pushed that button, then it asked for my order number, after I entered that it says "your order is still in processing." and it ends the freakin call. according to the web site it's NOT STILL IN PROCESSING, IT'S CANCELLED.

Now understand this, I absolutely despise gateway from past experience, but Dell is REALLY ing me off. Apparently they just don't want to sell me a computer.

14. PtrsonsZOO

Jul 30, 2001
    Best Buy has Sony & Toshiba too.

15. JediDragon

Mar 11, 2002
    they got Sony desktops? hmm, I'm going to best buy this weekend to check them out then.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.