main
side
curve
  1. Welcome, Guest

Upcoming events:

Star Wars: Andor - Disney + - 21st September

2. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

FF:NZ I hate PC techs

Discussion in 'Oceania Discussion Boards' started by ACERIMMERROCKS, Oct 21, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ACERIMMERROCKS

ACERIMMERROCKS Jedi Padawan star 4

May 25, 2001
    my computer has been trucking up for a month in a half it got tokin away for 5 days and it still aint fixed it bearly runs internet explorer with out crashing damm it. the tech is coming back tommorow so who knows.

2. Buzz-Bumble

Buzz-Bumble Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 27, 2000
    Most so-called "experts" in ANY field are hopeless and have no real clue - AND charge you the earth for the priviledge of mucking you about. :(

This is best shown by TV shows like Target and a couple of British shows.

For another good example:
    My brother had a CD-writer at work that wasn't accepting any disks. He got the "experts" to look at it and they couldn't fix it and suggested they buy a new one (of course!) and charged them $100+.

He gave the drive to me. I opened it up, gave it a bit of a clean, made sure all the plugs were in properly and then put it back together. I plugged it into my Mac and hey presto it worked perfectly.

Six months later it's fallen over again (with a different problem), but they got six months more use out of it and can now buy a newer/faster model than would have got from the "experts" before.

The same happens with mice and joysticks - the "experts" can't be bothered to fix them so make you to get a new one. I've fixed MANY joysticks and mice over the years, sometimes just by using a bit of aluminium foil and sellotape. :)
    (It would help if Dick Smith sold the small size microswitches too!)

So much for the "experts". :(

3. farmboynz

farmboynz Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 19, 2001
    Just to let you know something about experts
    as someone told me can never remember when i first heard this one

old one i know

X is an unknown
    spurts is a dips under pressure
    so that means an experts (xspurt) is a unknow dip under pressure

must say my brother in law is a computer guy and he gave he great advise when i had a problem in plain english too
    so not all of them are bad

4. Buzz-Bumble

Buzz-Bumble Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 27, 2000
    I did say "most". :)

5. ACERIMMERROCKS

May 25, 2001
    the tech finally figered out that our mother board is trucked so where getting our pc refitted so i probobly wont be back till sunday at the earlist

6. ACERIMMERROCKS

May 25, 2001
    MY pc is back total refitted i love it so fast so good better than my old 166 yay

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.