main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

I hate the changes in the "Special" editions of the classic movies. Anyone else?

Discussion in 'Classic Trilogy' started by DarthBugs, Jul 5, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarthBugs

DarthBugs Jedi Youngling

Jun 27, 2005
    Ok, so I don't hate ALL of them but I'm ranting here and I feel the need. First thing I couldn't stand was Greedo shooting first, that was just dumb.Then I disliked the Han and Jabba scene. Looked crappy for starters but it just seemed to me that Han would have given Jabba more respect considering the guy's a crime boss and had the resources to put a huge bounty on his head. This one mainly for reasons of logic. Second change I HATED was the Jabba's palace entertainment scene. My GAWD can you get more cheesy and STUPID! Being a fan of the originals I would have prefered Lucas to touch up the cosmetic errors, make it sound good and leave well enough alone but that was just HORRID! I personally will buy the THX versions of the movies and be very happy with the original, unblemished trilogy.

*End of Rant*

TLJ Edit: Welcome. And yeah, of course there was a lot of ranting about this on a big Star Wars messeage board ;)

2. jedi_master_ousley

jedi_master_ousley Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 14, 2002
  3. DarthBugs

DarthBugs Jedi Youngling

Jun 27, 2005
    Oh and also sorry if this has been discussed before, but this is my second post and I felt the need to gripe. :)

4. BobaFett22

BobaFett22 Jedi Youngling star 3

May 21, 2005
    I agree with u totally. I prefer the old band music and scene in Jabba's Palace. I also prefer the old music at the end of ROTJ in the Ewok Village. I agree that the Jabba scene in ANH is a little suspect. Jabba lets Han talk down to him there and be sarcastic, then later is relentless in keeping him wall-mounted in ROTJ....Just my thoughts.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.