main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

New Jersey I hate the New Jersey Devils

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by Ghosts_Of_Anakin, May 23, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ghosts_Of_Anakin

Ghosts_Of_Anakin Jedi Knight star 6

Jul 1, 2002
    Why can't they just lose to make me happy?? WHY!?!?!?!?!?

Come on...you know you hate them too.

2. buster726

buster726 Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 19, 2002
    Just got home don't tell me they won.

3. Padawan915

Padawan915 Jedi Master star 6

Oct 1, 2002
    I hate the Devils sooo much. Always have, always will. Devils fans don't have the stones to be Rangers fans.

:mad:

4. DarthGyos

DarthGyos Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 23, 2001
    Edit:

Hey guys, everyone here is allowed to voice their opinions but we can all do it without swearing.

5. citizenjohn

citizenjohn Jedi Knight star 5

May 4, 2001
    The Devils WON, THE DEVILS WON!!!!!

YAY

Im sorry but I just dont like any of the NY Teams.
    And if the NETS win tomorrow, A GARDEN STATE CHAMPIONSHIP :D

John

6. Ghosts_Of_Anakin

Jul 1, 2002
    Devils fans don't have the stones to be Rangers fans.

Amen to that.

7. Padawan915

Oct 1, 2002
    Thank you...even though I'm a Philly fan, I can still realize that Jersey fans don't have the stones to be fans of a major city team. It's crap, plain and simple.

Jersey teams = [face_plain] plain and simple.

8. Coral Duster

Coral Duster Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 14, 2000
    Just like any team, there are some good Devils fans and some bad. There are some who know their sport and team and some who chant "Rangers sucks" ..even if the Devils aren't playing the Rangers that day ... or that month. I have friends who are Devils fans, so I'm glad to see they made it in, but I would have rather have seen a Wild v. Devils matchup - Lemaire Old v. Lemaire new.

9. Jedi_Satimber

Jedi_Satimber Jedi Knight star 8

Jul 3, 2002
    Thank you...even though I'm a Philly fan, I can still realize that Jersey fans don't have the stones to be fans of a major city team. It's crap, plain and simple.

Jersey teams = plain and simple.

Herb, I don't like your attitude...that is OUR state that you are bashing...Philly boy. :mad:

Even though we prefer NY teams... :D

10. buster726

Sep 19, 2002
    Well there are some sports like baseball where there is no team that is from Jersey so naturally we will like the NY teams. Herb if you continue your bashings we will have to lock you in a room alone with Charlie.

11. Jedi_Satimber

Jul 3, 2002
    Post #12,999

:eek:

Yes, Herb, you and the Red Sox fan can get locked in the same room together.

And we will feed you a variety of beans, broccoli, crab cakes & anything else that makes you fart.

And the room will lack ventilation.

12. Padawan915

Oct 1, 2002
    Hey I'm not bashing, just don't like the Nets and Devils, period. I respect NY teams, just don't like them. :p

It's that Philly attitude. Sorry. :(

13. Arldetta

Arldetta Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 19, 2002
    You guys are too much. I might not be a Devils fan. But then again I'm not a Rangers fan either. :p I know my team sucks and will probably be gone within the next few years, but we are loyal to our loosers.

We do have a friend that is diehard Devil's fan. At times we think he can be excessive, but we also understand the passion some people have for sports and their teams.

Hoensetly, we hope the Devil's loose, but we're not too into it to worry about. ;)

Go Penguins!! :p

14. MysterySith

MysterySith MEPA Founder/Advisor FF NYC, NY star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 17, 2000
    I do not like the Rangers or Icelanders.

I have been rooting for the Devil's since 1994 when they lost to the Rangers. (They had the worse bandwagon EVERY).

Honestling I do not really care about hockey much.

GO YANKEES!!!! (they have been sucking :( )

15. Meriwyn

Meriwyn Former RSA star 4

Mar 22, 2002
    *Runs through the thread*

Weeee GO DEVILS!!!

*Runs out again*

:D

16. Coral Duster

Feb 14, 2000
    I'm a Rangers fan ... followed far behind by a Thrashers and Wild fan (what can I say, I'm into Underdogs.)

My prediction is Devils in 6. Giggy will be good, but Brodeur will be his usual solid self. Devils will use the trap well against the youthful Ducks and make the most out of power play opportunities.

17. buster726

Sep 19, 2002
    The trap the worst thing to happen to hockey.

18. BellaSabrina

BellaSabrina Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 13, 2002
    I'm a Rangers fan but heck.....Jamie Langenbrunner is my MAN and has been since he was on the Dallas Stars. I just want Jamie to get the MVP of the playoffs. That is all.

19. Jedi_Satimber

Jul 3, 2002
    Hey...who had the worst Bandwagon ever?

Not the Rangers...there are more Rangers fans in the Tri-State area than the other 3 teams combined. :p

20. Coral Duster

Feb 14, 2000
    I think the 1994 Rangers had the worst bandwagon - and that's not a shot to true Rangers fans. True Rangers fans have been through the thick and thin (including the current 6 year playoff drought), but the entire NYC area and beyond were caught up in the majesty that was that team.

Otherwise, I'd have to go with the 1986 Mets. Any team that spawns a "magic number" starting at around 86 and has its own video, you know has a following beyond just the die-hards.

21. MysterySith

Nov 17, 2000
    Coral Duster, I could not agree with you more.

22. Ghosts_Of_Anakin

Jul 1, 2002
    I have been rooting for the Devils since 1994 when they lost to the Rangers. (They had the worst bandwagon EVER).

Anybody else see the irony here? Bashing Rangers bandwagoners...but started rooting for the Devils in '94? When they just HAPPENED to have the 2nd best record in the NHL? Hmmm..

Devils fans are the definition of bandwagon jumpers. They come out of the woodwork when they make it to the Finals but they're nowhere to be found during the regular season.

23. MysterySith

Nov 17, 2000
    The Devils lost to the Rangers in 94. I just wanted the Rangers to lose. That is why I rooted for the Devils. I rooted for the Devils the next year as an alternitive to the Rangers and and Icelanders, not because they won anything.

When it all comes down to things I do not care if they win or not. I am no Hockey fan.

I have not problem rooting against the Mighty Ducks this year. Does anyone else NOT want to see another Mickey Mouse team win a championship?

24. Coral Duster

Feb 14, 2000
    When it comes to who owns the team, I couldn't care less, unless it is someone who owns the team but really wants to coach the team (see Jerry Jones, Dan Snyder, etc.)

Disney isn't the massive king of industry people think. Since they bought ABC and the dot.com bust, they have really been hurt, and then with the threat of terrorism, their usual firm earnings have all but disappeared.

Especially in meager times, Disney can appear incredibly cheap and do not have a good record at all when it comes to those who work for the House of Mouse. Still though, I'm a fan of what the company has produced in past years and will always hold dear in my heart the memories of Walt Disney World as a youth.

And all that aside, I couldn't believe the damn Ducks couldn't even get 16 shots last night off the ENTIRE game!!!

(sorry for the quick turnaround in topic, but I had to get back to hockey SOME way! ;))

25. BellaSabrina

BellaSabrina Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 13, 2002
    Is it just me or Gary got edited?! GO PRESIDENT SCROOB! First our City Rep gets banned, and our Co-Prez gets edited.

Baby, you make me proud.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.