main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

"I hate you!" vs. "I had to!"

Discussion in 'Archive: Revenge of the Sith' started by Circle_Is_Complete, Nov 16, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. thechozn1

thechozn1 Jedi Master star 4

May 15, 2005
    On a more serious note, if he had delivered this line, and even said it with some remorse... Obi-wan probably would have bawled like a little schoolgirl (and I would have too for that matter).

It would have contradicted his future choices though as far as going ahead and offing all the remaining Jedi throughout the galaxy.

2. Circle_Is_Complete

Circle_Is_Complete Jedi Youngling star 3

May 20, 2005
    Just so everyone knows I am glad he yelled "I HATE YOU" as well. It was so primal. I just thought It would be interesting to hear other fans thoughts. Thank you everyone for your thoughts some are quite interesting. I do think Anakin did have time to reflect on Mustafar before Padme arrived. I think everyone to some degree KNOWS when they are doing wrong they just get consumed. I feel he tried to rationlize with himself and others many times to excuse the reason he was doing what he was. Because the one and only reason he did it was so he wouldn't lose Padme. He used Politcs,Belief Systems and finally protecting his wife even after he, himself almost killed her to rationalize what he was doing and about to do. Thank you again for the thoughts. Even the humorus ones!

3. thechozn1

thechozn1 Jedi Master star 4

May 15, 2005
    You mean "I hate you" :p

4. Circle_Is_Complete

Circle_Is_Complete Jedi Youngling star 3

May 20, 2005
    HAHA I can't believe I typed that!:-B

5. Aiden_Sanic

Aiden_Sanic Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 25, 2005
    It would of been cool if Anakin said I HAD YOU. He could of said it after Obi says YOU WERE THE CHOSEN ONE, and then as Anakin was burning and screaming, he could of said that heart tugging I HATE YOU.

Still, I gotta say that was the highlight of Hayden's acting, that was his best line ever.

6. UseTheForce68

UseTheForce68 Jedi Youngling

Nov 16, 2005
    I think those are both NEGATIVE interpretations of what he screams... I know it's likely that it's one of the two, but why cant we all be happy? why couldn't he just love Padme??? OH SO SAD!!!!

I like Star wars IV more [face_pig]

7. yoshifett

yoshifett Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 17, 2004
    This is like the "Carrie!" thing at the end of ANH.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.