main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

I have a bad feeling about this - Obi-Wan's journal

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by KADI-WAN_KENOBI, Jan 8, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KADI-WAN_KENOBI

KADI-WAN_KENOBI Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 9, 2000
    This is going to take place during TPM. Obi-Wan's thoughts, fears, everything you would normally find in a journal.

Has this been done before?

2. mouse2

mouse2 Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 29, 1999
    I think Gimpy did at one point, but I would love to read your version!

Post!

3. KADI-WAN_KENOBI

Aug 9, 2000
    Thanks Mouse. :)

Te first entry should be up tonight.

4. KADI-WAN_KENOBI

Aug 9, 2000

Entry: Trials

Just thought I'd write before Master and I leave. The Council has assigned us yet another mission. We just got back not 12 hours ago. I am now certain they've placed bets to see how long we can last before collapsing. Thank the Force its only going to be a simple negotiation. We're being sent to the planet of Naboo. Several weeks ago, the Trade Federation blockaded the planet to protest the taxation of their trade routes. The viceroy in charge, I think his name is Nute Gunray, is going to be meeting with us. The Council seems certain that it won't take more than a day or two to get a treaty signed. I can only hope. Maybe afterwards we'll be given time to take a retreat. It's been awhile since we were last able to get away, just the two of us. We hardly ever have enough time to just talk like we used to.
    That reminds me. Master thinks I am getting close to being ready for my trials. I have mixed feelings about this latest revelation. I mean, it's what I've been training for since before I can remember. The final step to becoming a Knight is one of the hardest, but most rewarding things in a Jedi's life. But....I'm also hesitant and a bit frightened about it too. Master and I have been constant companions for the past 12 years. He's become the father I never knew. To think of leaving suddenly and not having him there.... Master sensed my distress instantly. He said I still have a few years before that happens and I can't get rid of him that easily. Still, it disturbs me. Like master always says, I must not center on my anxieties, but concentrate on the here and now. I'll have to push away my fears on this matter until another day... Have to go. Master's calling. Don't know how long it'll be until I can write again.

Obi-Wan

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Thanks for your help, Gimpy. :)

5. mouse2

Oct 29, 1999
    Nice start Kadi-Wan!

Can't wait to read more. Good touch with the fact that he's worried about being separated from Qui-Gon. Makes the future that much sadder.

6. KADI-WAN_KENOBI

Aug 9, 2000
    Thanks mouse. :)

UP!

7. princess-sari

princess-sari Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 20, 2000
    I like this, Kadi. Post more!

8. jedi_master_gimpy

jedi_master_gimpy Jedi Master star 4

Jan 12, 2000
    No problem, Kadi! I'm enjoying reading this!

9. Whiskey in the Jar-Jar

Whiskey in the Jar-Jar Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 17, 2000
    Need more...must have more...

More?

10. DarthBoba

DarthBoba Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 29, 2000
    Hey M***********, don't tease us like this!

11. Jedi_Padawan_Myia

Jedi_Padawan_Myia Jedi Youngling

Jan 12, 2001
    What do you feed a fanfic author to get them to write more? Feedback!

Intriguing topic...really like it so far

12. Teebones

Teebones Jedi Padawan star 4

May 8, 2000
    Hey, Kadi! Doing great so far! I've always told you you do so much better without me...

13. KADI-WAN_KENOBI

Aug 9, 2000
    Hmmmm, lets see. Candy, cookies, chocolate...

Just kidding. :)

How about a way to get rid of Darth Writers Block?

14. Valiowk

Valiowk Chosen One star 6

Apr 23, 2000
    Can't wait to see more, Kadi!

Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
  15. KADI-WAN_KENOBI

Aug 9, 2000
    I finally got some inspiration for the next entry. It should be up in the next few days.

Thanks for being patient with me. :)

16. ForceFire_Jade

ForceFire_Jade Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 22, 2000
    coola!! I liek that!!

17. imzadi

imzadi Jedi Master star 4

Sep 19, 2000
    Great start! Very consistent with his character too, I thought. I liked the bit about Obi-Wan not being able to get rid of Qui-Gon so easily, that he was stuck with him for a few more years. That was funny, but quite sad when you think about what happens. Excellent post! I look forward to more!

18. Knight_Maria

Knight_Maria Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 4, 2001
    MORE PLEASE!!!!

19. Nattbacca

Nattbacca Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 31, 2000
  20. KADI-WAN_KENOBI

Aug 9, 2000
    Thanks for your help once again Gimpy. :)

*********************************************Entry: I have a bad feeling about this

We have been waiting for almost an hour now and there is still no sign of the viceroy. When we first landed here, the protocol droid TC-14 said its master would be here shortly. I don't know what time measurment these Neimoidians use, but shortly sure does last awhile. Oh, here's the droid again. Still no sign of the viceroy. Master says it isn't in their nature to take so long. He can sense an unusual amount of fear throughout the ship. I can sense that, but there is something more I can sense. It doesn't have anything to do with the mission, but that is all I am sure of. The rest is elusive. Just out of reach. Could it have to do with the future? I sensed this almost immediately once we were aboard the ship. I told Master about it the moment the droid left us in the conference room. Know what he said? Don't center on your anxieties, keep your concentration on the here and now where it belongs. I swear he can't last one week without saying that. Next to 'Do or do not, there is no try.', it has to be his favorite lecture. Maybe I'll get him a plaque that says it for his next birthday. He could hang it in the common room so even when he is gone, I'll be reminded of it. Back to the subject, Master reassures me that the negotiations will be short. Neimoidians are known cowards throughout the galaxy. Still, I have a bad feeling about this. I-

21. jedi_master_gimpy

jedi_master_gimpy Jedi Master star 4

Jan 12, 2000
    Of course, Kadi! Nice job, I like the characerization and Obi's comments about Qui's famous sayings. The abrupt ending certainly ties it into TPM. Looking forward to more! :)

22. imzadi

imzadi Jedi Master star 4

Sep 19, 2000
    Yeah his comments about Qui-Gon's saying was funny! This is really interesting.

23. mouse2

Oct 29, 1999
    Can't go a whole week without saying it...

You've got to wonder, how many times has he heard that?

Excellent Kadi-Wan! Hope you have more soon!

24. Calayka_Bele

Calayka_Bele Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 7, 2000
    This is really good. (I know, I know, no originality on my part at all.) I can't wait to see more!:)

25. Obi the Kid

Obi the Kid Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 13, 2000
    Just found this...i like it! great job...hope to read more!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.