main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Discussion "I have a bad feeling about this" -- Things you want to see in the ST, but won't

Discussion in 'Archive: Disney Era Films' started by Leias_Left_Bun, Mar 3, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LunarMoth

LunarMoth Jedi Master star 4

Nov 27, 2012
    Yeah, I really hope they use CGI with a little more smarts. I watched The Amazing Spider-Man recently, and although I didnt think the movie was great, I liked how much they used real footage of Spidey as a guy in the suit as opposed to totally CGI Spidey all the time. It really made things seem more natural and believable in those scenes.

2. Pro Scoundrel

Pro Scoundrel New Films Expert At Modding Casual star 6 Staff Member Manager

Nov 20, 2012
    Yes, Unite! We will then crush your rebellion with one swift stroke! :D

3. TheManFromMortis

TheManFromMortis Jedi Master star 3

Nov 19, 2012
    _ _ _ _

I would imagine that we'll see Luke training some Jedi during Episode VII.

Darth Chiznuk likes this.
  4. DarthBreezy

DarthBreezy Chosen One star 6

Jun 4, 2002
    What I want to see but probably won't:

[​IMG]

BEEF!!!!!! =P~

5. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    I want to see Robocops fighting Terminators, but that's not going to happen is it?:(

VMeran, Samayel_ and TheManFromMortis like this.
  6. Darth_Pevra

Darth_Pevra Chosen One star 6

May 21, 2008
    Luke being a down to earth Jedi instead of a stuffy force-fanatic like the Jedi of old times.
    Leia has not forgiven her father.
    R2 is now a proud member of the junkyard.
    The Falcon is standing in a garage, a beloved relic of old times. Another ship has taken its place.
    No ghost appearances (exception Anakin Skywalker talk with Luke about the dark side)
    A non-force user showing a Jedi how flying/shooting is really done.
    Han Solo in a small, unimportant job that allows him a lot of personal freedom (maybe freighter pilot).
    Chewie has his own family now instead of following Han around all the time.
    Lando as a shifty character.

7. Mato_Jack

Mato_Jack Jedi Youngling

Feb 26, 2013
    Complete adherence to the EU.

8. Leias_Left_Bun

Leias_Left_Bun Jedi Master star 4

Feb 18, 2013
    Maybe Luke's son gets captured by some female crime lord and is forced to wear a metal speedo? I say turnabout is fair play. :D

9. Leias_Left_Bun

Feb 18, 2013
    The ones I've bolded are the things I'd really like to see, too. I do think Luke will be more down-to-earth than the PT Jedi, and I'm hoping his sense of humor has developed a bit more.

A Leia who has not forgiven her father is something I think we may actually see.

A non-force user who is actually better at flying or shooting than a Jedi? I'd love it, but we have a better chance of seeing Lando strip naked and proclaim himself the next Emperor before that will happen.

10. I Are The Internets

Nov 20, 2012
    I don't know if we'll see Lando in this one which is too bad.

11. SkywalkerSquadron

SkywalkerSquadron Jedi Knight star 4

Feb 2, 2013
    For most people to like the movie.

12. I Are The Internets

Nov 20, 2012
    I'm thinking the ST will probably get a more positive reception than the PT, but it might not be as positive as the reception for the OT. Basically how ROTS was received.

13. DARTHSHAME

DARTHSHAME Jedi Master star 4

Dec 19, 2003
    I love Cliegg, look what he did for Shmi "thirty of us went out, and four came back" That line never fails to make me laugh. They got %&** up. [face_laugh]

14. hawkeye forever

hawkeye forever Jedi Knight

Oct 30, 2012
    Quite an easy question for me. In general I just want the ST to be gentle to the expanded universe. Obviously they won't and shouldn't use a storyline from any of the books, but at the very least include some of the characters. I can very easily see the ST totally ignoring the next generation of Solos and Skywalkers (Jacen, Jaina, Anakin and Ben.) If the ST drastically changes the EU than I will view it like the new Star Trek, it will be nothing more than another dimension to me. Have invested too much money, time and emotion into the EU for me to willingly throw a substantial chunk of it out of the window.

15. Darth Claire

Darth Claire Force Ghost star 5

Dec 21, 2012
    An iconic villain who can live up to or even surpass the epicness of Darth Vader. *sadly now a days we havn't gotten many big iconic villains say outside of Joker. Creating great original villains is hard these days*
    Completely original stuff that doesn't overly rely on referencing and paying homage to the originals or past films for fan service

Leias_Left_Bun likes this.
  16. Doug625

Doug625 Jedi Knight star 1

Nov 9, 2012
    Jar Jar standing behind the rocket engines of the Falcon as Chewie "accidentally" fires them up

17. scf881

scf881 Jedi Knight

Sep 5, 2004
    Luke as the Jedi council leader

Leia as a member of the Jedi council or liaison between the council and the senate. (Don't want her being a warrior) maybe as a teacher.

Han Solo as the leader of the new republic or whatever they call the government.

Lando as a leader of a group of planets, allies, but not official member of the government.

Wedge as second in command of the military.

I want the tech to look like it did in the PT, but like it evolved from the OT if that makes sense.

Lots of Jedi. Like needs a beard similar to Obi wan. The sith should be an offspring of Luke's or leia's.

And that it is still a secret that vader was their father until revealed by the sith.

Luke to die in episode 7.

18. Leias_Left_Bun

Feb 18, 2013
    In all honesty I am coming at this from the perspective of a fan who would be happy to see them throw out the entire EU for the new films. But I can sympathize with your feelings -- which is why I'm trying not to get too emotionally attached to any notions of what may or may not happen in the ST.

I think the 2009 Trek analogy is a very good one. There can be multiple realities. Because when you get right down to it, "reality" is a pretty flexible concept when we talk about these stories and these characters.

19. Leias_Left_Bun

Feb 18, 2013
    Yes to the Nth degree on a good villain. That may be one of the hardest things in putting together the new trilogy. What bad guy could ever live up to Vader? But they have to try.

I am so tired of cardboard evil villains who are hell-bent on revenge and destruction because a long time ago their wife/children were killed or their whole planet blew up. One of my all-time favorite movie villains is Hans from the first Die Hard movie. Hans was smart and interesting in his own right, and he wasn't evil because he had a rotten childhood or because his wife was killed. He was just greedy.

I think there can be a balance between the new material and recycling a few old lines or iconic images. Like re-using the "old fossil" line on Han, or Han and Leia telling their kid "I love you" and the kid says "I know." In moderation that could be fine. But yes, for the most part we should get a new story with new situations and dialogue.

20. BarkingFrog

BarkingFrog Jedi Master star 2

Jan 4, 2009
    So basically everything Darth Maul could and should have been.

21. fishtailsam

fishtailsam Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 30, 2003
    I dont think it's that difficult, I think movie makers are just lazy. I have confidence that J.J., LFL, and Co. will not be lazy.
    I think it will mirror the OT with a lesser B.A. minion who is there through all 3 films, and a reveal in the 2nd that he works for a bigger badder villain-y-er villain.

22. DARTH_BELO

DARTH_BELO Force Ghost star 5

Nov 25, 2003
    I want to see an even sense of continuity of elements from BOTH the OT AND PT. I fear that what we will see is a revisiting of only OT elements, and it will be as if the PT didn't even exist.

I hope they take story elements, locations, aliens etc. From both eras pre and post Clone Wars, which IMO would help bring the three trilogies together in a fantastic way.

23. themetresgained

themetresgained Jedi Master star 4

Feb 23, 2013
    Sometimes I wonder if I ever even watched RotS properly because I don't remember noticing this.

24. themetresgained

themetresgained Jedi Master star 4

Feb 23, 2013
    I definitely want "I have a bad feeling about this", though that's probably likely compared to all the other things my fannish heart desires.

I want the next generation EU characters to stay intact. The stories don't have to be the same, but I want the characters and their basic personalities the same, like Jaina taking after her father, and Mara Jade being hardcore (though not a Mary Sue). Ben also doesn't have to be a bunch younger than the Solo kids.

I want to see Leia as having received proper Jedi training earlier on unlike in the EU. It'd be a cool bit of subtle referencing to have her unwittingly fulfil the role of the Jedi Knights of old - peacekeepers and diplomats who also use lightsabers. That doesn't mean she has to be an epic Jedi Master, but at the very least a competent Knight.

I want to see Wedge. Denis Lawson is still acting and in decent shape.

Some Han/Leia cute coupley stuff.

More on Leia coming to terms with her parentage and the legacies left to her by her fathers and mothers - goes for Luke, too. Perhaps R2-D2 (we know he knows the whole saga well into the OT) tells them? This doesn't have to happen on-screen, but some acknowledgement of it would be nice.

That's all I can think of right now.

Chels likes this.
  25. Leias_Left_Bun

Feb 18, 2013
    I would love to see Wedge again, even if it's only just a cameo. Kind of like Janice Rand in some of the Star Trek movies.

And yes, some dialogue that explains how Leia has come to terms with being Vader's daughter would be great.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.