main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

I Have A Bad Feeling About This.

Discussion in 'Archive: Daytona Beach, FL' started by Forja-Bingbey, Mar 9, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Q99213

Q99213 Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 3, 2001
    Ok, 3pm it is. I was thinking that this is just going to be a 'get to know' people deal. I already know Karma, but haven't met Forja or Ace, so some place casual sounds good. I don't really get out enough to know any real meeting places, unless someone wanted to volunteer their house. :) Mine is full of plaster/fiberglass/plastic molds and looks like a Tatooine sandstorm hit, so we could hold the meeting in my parking lot ;)

2. Karma

Karma Jedi Master star 3

Aug 16, 2000
    I vote for Denny's, how about the one on International near Clyde Morris?

I'd volunteer my place but on Sunday it will be full of geeky gamers.

3. Q99213

Nov 3, 2001
    Sounds good Karma. That would be a great place to just sit down and kick back for a while and hash some things out.

And what's wrong with Geeky gamers??? ;)

4. AceHoly

AceHoly Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 6, 2003
    Denny's on International near... Clyde Morris. That's fine by me.

By the way, I'm in Port Orange. Don't know where the rest of you cowboys are coming from. :)

5. Q99213

Nov 3, 2001
    I'm right at the border of Holly Hill and Daytona Beach. Makes ordering pizza a chore :( That's three voting for 3pm at Denny's, so I'll go ahead and PM Minacia_Brightstar :)

6. Jayna

Jayna Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 19, 2002
    Wow. I'm out of it for a couple of days and I feel like I've missed a lot. For that, I apologize. I am on my spring break and have limited computer access until I come home on Sunday.

That being said, I hope this issue will be easily resolved when we are able to meet. I'd hate to see such petty issues, which in many cases aren't entirely founded, hurt our fledgling group.

We are now an official FanForce group and by definition, we are required to use these boards as our primary source of communication. If that's not what you are looking to join, then you are in the wrong place. I'm sorry, but that's what we have here. A Daytona branch of TFN's FanForce.

Just to make this VERY clear,
    the Riddle club is an entirely different entity and does not have to have anything to do with this group.

Everything that we do as a group is open to anyone and everyone. That much is made clear when we are starting posts that propose a meeting. The time, date, and even location has been left open to anyone who wanted to suggest for every meeting we have had. Reasonable accomodations can and will be made for anyone who posts and wants to come. The whole point is to be able to get together and fellowship with other fans. Seeing as how we now have several people who do not attend Riddle, it would seem obvious that out next meeting would be somewhere convenient for all.

If there are any more problems or questions, please feel free to PM me with your concerns. As the City Rep, my interests are in what is best for the group and I definitely don't want hard feelings.

So do we have a meeting officially at 3pm on Sunday at Denny's?

Are there any objections or suggestions?

That sounds good to me. Hopefully, I will be here for that- provided our drive back is uneventful. :)

I will also PM Minacia, in the event that you have not yet done so, Q.

7. Q99213

Nov 3, 2001
    And here I thought you'd broken something on the slopes :p It's Thursday morning, so that being said I'm going to shoot Brightstar a PM. :)

8. AceHoly

Mar 6, 2003
    >>That being said, I hope this issue will be easily resolved when we are able to meet. I'd hate to see such petty issues, which in many cases aren't entirely founded, hurt our fledgling group.<<

Wasn't aware anyone was having issues, much less petty ones - we were just trying to come up with a place to have the next meeting.

I recognize that this is a Daytona chapter of FanForce, but also that the group needs to have it's own agenda in order to flourish as a group. FanForce is a great idea that has brought together many fans who might have had no way to get in touch with other fans in their area. It's a wonderful meeting and communication tool.

We still need to establish our own identity, though, to come into our own. I'm not suggesting slighting FanForce, and I'm sure this would be easier to go over in person rather than on boards where it can be so easy to misunderstand intentions.

9. Q99213

Nov 3, 2001
    I think a lot of things have been misuderstood this week. At least I hope it's all been misunderstandings and not anything too serious. I'd still like to know what you mean by creating our own identity. That's probably best left until Sunday though :)

10. AceHoly

Mar 6, 2003
    Our own identity! Ipso Facto, E Pluribus Unum! :)

11. Q99213

Nov 3, 2001
    lol, alright alright, I think I get it. I've been sniffing fiberglass fumes all day, so I won't try to explain what I think you mean *falls over, eyes roll up*

12. Jayna

Jayna Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 19, 2002
    I suppose that the "issues" that I was talking about referred more to the comments about how all hell had broken loose and ER students had overrun the forum.

Hopefully these feelings have settled down just a tad since the original post and we will be able to talk things out at the meeting.

As for our identity, I think it's a great idea- if I follow exactly what you mean. Yet another thing to discuss at the meeting. :)

See you all there! :D

13. Forja-Bingbey

Forja-Bingbey Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 12, 2002
    I've only counted 12 threads that have zero responses to them Q. Your slacking.

14. Q99213

Nov 3, 2001
    Hey hey! Forja's back!!

15. Forja-Bingbey

Forja-Bingbey Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 12, 2002
    I never left.

16. Q99213

Nov 3, 2001
    hmmmmmmmm...