main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

I have a bad feeling about this...

Discussion in 'Archive: Santa Cruz, CA' started by DarkLordSid, May 11, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarkLordSid

DarkLordSid Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 3, 2004
    Okay, so a good number of people were pretty unhappy with the performance of Gen Con in running C3. But they were picked to run C4 with the assurances, "Oh, they learned a lot, everything will go smooth"

Smooth?

*Delayed membership mailings

*STILL no schedule TWO weeks out

*No list of stuff for sale at the shop

I'd say they have lost ground from C3.

So far they are not doing well, and the convention is looming large. I suspect the drawings for 1/2 off the hotel rooms is a sign that people are finding this a little too expensive when they factor in everything.

Okay, so maybe I'm biased as being in downtown LA does not seem like a "vacation" and I think it would have been better to hold it somewhere near a certain Magic Kingdom ("Hey, if the convention blows, we could still do the park...") or another time of year so we could still do Baycon.

But like I said, I just have a bad feeling about this, I'm hoping that I'm wrong, really.

At least both Seth's will be there, Robot Chicken and Family Guy, something over the last one. And it probably won't be raining AND snowing AND 90 degrees in the same week. And I have a 'reservation' to go buy merchandise, hopefully I won't be in line for four/five/six hours just to give them money for exclusive merchandise that will pop up later on sale on the shopstarwars site.

I sure know that after the last month or so we've had we really need some good fun.

LATER EDIT:

A ray of hope on the Starwars site...

"Get all the latest news on Celebration at starwars.com/celebration and look for The Insider's Guide to Celebration IV coming next week in a conveniently-printable PDF form on starwars.com!"

Ooookay, now we're talking. Now just get those memberships in the dang mail pronto guys.

2. Kai_Vandekar

Kai_Vandekar Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 9, 2005
    I did get my membership early this week, and my friend (who now can't go, darn it) got his a day before that...so they're being mailed out, at least. But yes, having a freaking schedule would be nice so we can plan our time.

Still, having never been to a Celebration, I'm excited to be going and happy to know so many friends will be there. I'm tempted not to even bother going to the shop as I don't have a reservation and figure I can snag stuff on eBay anyway, later. That might save me some aggravation.

I just wish I knew more stuff that was going to be going on, so I could plan my life there a bit better. But...eh. I am going in with the expectation of having fun, seeing friends, wearing my stupid costumes, and anything else is...gravy.

Besides, my new contacts are in the mail so I am just bursting from excitement about that alone. I'm going to looooooooooooooooove my new contacts for Revan.

- Kai

3. DarkLordSid

Aug 3, 2004
    Still waiting on the membership for the Mrs. and the schedule.

And why is the band playing, "Nearer My God to Thee"? STOP THAT!!!! Ship has not even left the dock yet!!

4. AboutaSith

AboutaSith Jedi Knight star 5

May 13, 2005
    Today was the last day to expect badges. If you've not got it you'll have to call GenCon though they are claiming "it's too late to mail it now" and making people line up for will call rather than shipping overnight.

5. DarkLordSid

Aug 3, 2004
    This is gonna get ugly fast.

6. Kai_Vandekar

Kai_Vandekar Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 9, 2005
    Urk.

*sigh*

You'd think after three earlier attempts they'd be closer to getting it right by now...

7. DarkLordSid

Aug 3, 2004
    Anyone reminded of Saddam as seen in South Park?

"I can change, I can chaaaaaange...."

8. AboutaSith

AboutaSith Jedi Knight star 5

May 13, 2005
    You know, I learned something today.......

9. DarkLordSid

Aug 3, 2004
    [face_laugh]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.